Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 06:51 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by O2GO
Oh yeah, let's do it!
Doug, that leaves one option for the East Cape trip.

Damn, R or Herman, what are you going to bring? Road tyres or track wheels?
Old 06-19-2015, 06:53 AM
Moochier
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I am hoping to get the full RSG contingent out...............
Only if I can bring the RS4!
Old 06-19-2015, 07:05 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
It's official, Play Day are running the next PCNZ track day for us. Date is set for 18 July 2015. Expect to see a flyer next week.
so PCNZ are now RSG? or are RSG now PCNZ? I'm confused. i thought we set up RSG because PCNZ couldn't offer us what we wanted/needed?

Now we are being sold our own format and being asked to make it a success??

I'm feeling the need to create a non PCNZ RSG splinter group? Anyone interested in sharing the cost on 6 half days at HD each year? Say just 10-15 of us? :-)

Chris. Have a look at the thread on RSG board by Richard Snow. He mentions the crowd in Newmarket that a lot of the RSG GT3 crowd use for tyres. They would be worth checking out. The guys swear by the key man there...

Last edited by Macca; 06-19-2015 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:17 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by John McM
Doug, that leaves one option for the East Cape trip. Damn, R or Herman, what are you going to bring? Road tyres or track wheels?
DOH I hadn't checked dates. Let's see when you can get that Friday off.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:18 AM
O2GO
Drifting

I'd bring Lola. RS60 not setup for track work [yet]
Old 06-19-2015, 07:47 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by O2GO
I'd bring Lola. RS60 not setup for track work [yet]
Ok, i'lł bring Herman. Road tyres, ok?

Meanwhile the R has new plates. I just couldn't live with the front plate mis-fit.
Attached Images   
Old 06-19-2015, 07:53 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
so PCNZ are now RSG? or are RSG now PCNZ? I'm confused. i thought we set up RSG because PCNZ couldn't offer us what we wanted/needed from PCNZ? Now we are being sold our own format and being asked to make it a success??

I'm feeling the need to create a non PCNZ RSG group? Anyone interested in sharing the cost on 6 half days at HD each year? Say just 10-15 of us? :-)
Macca, I understand your take on this but it may also act as a 'feeder series' that will get new people out tracking their cars a few times before stepping up to play with us junkies in RSG. Personally I like the focus of RSG and identify strongly with its emphasis on performance driving with a bunch of like-minded mates. For different reasons, I also like the broad spectrum of PCNZ events (from picnics, garage crawls and car care seminars through concourse and go-karts to gymkhanas and sprints). Because my free time is limited and I am a bit of an adrenaline freak, racing and serious track time take precedence but I do miss those other Porsche based social activities I had time for in the BC era (before children).

I reckon it would be a far worse turn of events if RSGers weren't invited to PCNZ events but yes, wouldn't want to accidentally lose what makes RSG special. Hopefully by the time I hit send on this you guys will have kissed and made up (just don't post pics).
Old 06-19-2015, 08:00 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Ok, i'lł bring Herman. Road tyres, ok? Meanwhile the R has new plates. I just couldn't live with the front plate mis-fit.
sorry mate if i had known I would have hooked you up with the guys who make all my plates including my custom ones (XI). About half price:

http://www.licenseplates.tv/new-zeal...-number.html?=
Old 06-19-2015, 08:01 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, i'lł bring Herman. Road tyres, ok?
LOL. The never ending battle resumes. Now did I hear that Lola's now packing a lightweight flywheel and an underdrive pulley?...
Old 06-19-2015, 08:11 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
sorry mate if i had known I would have hooked you up with the guys who make all my plates including my custom ones (XI). About half price: http://www.licenseplates.tv/new-zeal...-number.html?=
Chris T had already told me about the German ones, but also that anything not official can be seized. I can't be pfaffed with the possibility and they're not that expensive compared to the tyre numbers being bandied about.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:16 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996tnz
LOL. The never ending battle resumes. Now did I hear that Lola's now packing a lightweight flywheel and an underdrive pulley?...
I have a new not so secret weapon, the switchable loud exhaust. Not sure it's legal but it will scare the horses.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:20 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Have you installed it already John? Looking forward to hearing it.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:20 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Macca, I understand your take on this but it may also act as a 'feeder series' that will get new people out tracking their cars a few times before stepping up to play with us junkies in RSG. Personally I like the focus of RSG and identify strongly with its emphasis on performance driving with a bunch of like-minded mates. For different reasons, I also like the broad spectrum of PCNZ events (from picnics, garage crawls and car care seminars through concourse and go-karts to gymkhanas and sprints). Because my free time is limited and I am a bit of an adrenaline freak, racing and serious track time take precedence but I do miss those other Porsche based social activities I had time for in the BC era (before children). I reckon it would be a far worse turn of events if RSGers weren't invited to PCNZ events but yes, wouldn't want to accidentally lose what makes RSG special. Hopefully by the time I hit send on this you guys will have kissed and made up (just don't post pics).
Yeah. I'm probably being a bit dramatic. Im a very passionate about RSG as you can imagine. there have only been two events in 2015 - both of which I have been the instigator (with a lot of organisational help from Pete, Steve, Mandy and my wife). I was the originator of the NITT concept in 2013 and with Petes help (and frankly these days because of the time he puts into it) it's been an annual event. I'm organising next years SITT. So you could say I'm full vested. I'm also a bit disappointed if truth be told that others aren't pushing RSG events along too. I see 2015 being the driest year for RSG and get concerned for its future. Paul has a tough job as both VP for PCNZ and committee member for RSG. We need more oomph behind RSG. More people to create events. I'm a renegade - will always support the underdog and rarely join "the masses". I see a lot of cool things RSG can be but the last thing that interests me is it becoming another PCNZ. Don't get me wrong I've been a PCNZ member for as long as anyone here (15 consecutive years now) but it doesn't meet my needs and rarely has done. I'm a fringe dweller and it caters as it must for the majority. Maybe we need to revisit priorities here, organisation, responsibility and have a better understanding of how we co exist in this space. I pm almost definitely the wrong person to be involved in such matters, I'm stubborn, sometimes single minded, very protective and have a very personal position in RSG. It's natural things need to grow and change and I accept that. I guess my personal vision is that RSG does not get any larger, stays focussed and hardcore and I'm not sure integration with a larger group by participation and osmosis is beneficial to its longer term development. But as I said I'm very passionate about it....
Old 06-19-2015, 08:25 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Chris T had already told me about the German ones, but also that anything not official can be seized. I can't be pfaffed with the possibility and they're not that expensive compared to the tyre numbers being bandied about.
They are "NZ standard" John. Not German style. I had my new IX one checked by LTSA. It's NZ font, and DIN standard not German style. Check the link out - a number of people I know have ordered them and are using them and side by side it's almost impossible to tell the difference. Never had a Problem with these or the German ones over 6 cars, 15 years. However about that loud exhaust.....
Old 06-19-2015, 08:30 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
Have you installed it already John? Looking forward to hearing it.
Not yet Jake, it was only shipped on Wednesday. Installation will be very easy. I will just get a section of the cup pipe cut out and the Y pipe welded in. At first I will make it manually operated, then look at some simple rpm trigger when I know how much noise it makes. I still have the Cat, so that will be the only restriction in the exhaust system when the bypass is fully open. The only rider is that this $170 kit may be rubbish unworthy of fitting to the mighty 964.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?