Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 10:36 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Shoulder Wings still to come off. They look a bit like the Singer buckets here, tempting but I will go with the period ST look. The side bumps mid way up have to go too. Thinking about lowering the leg wings but they aren't too bad once the base cushion is in so I might get away with leaving them as is.
Attached Images  
Old 08-29-2014, 11:21 PM
sp1ked
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Looks like BB has a playmate. 1993 Honda Integra VTI-R. 170hp of raw VTEC power. Now I have I get the car to Auckland and sort out rego etc plus cage. 2k cup here I come!
Cool! See you out there John.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:26 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
Shoulder Wings still to come off. They look a bit like the Singer buckets here, tempting but I will go with the period ST look. The side bumps mid way up have to go too. Thinking about lowering the leg wings but they aren't too bad once the base cushion is in so I might get away with leaving them as is.
You butcher. I could have used those as they were for the VTI-R

I'm currently trying to make progress on painting. Not easy in the weather we have today. Possibly give it away tomorrow and do a road trip with Doug to pick up the mean green machine.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:33 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sp1ked
Cool! See you out there John.
Sure hope to be out there soon. First I need to re-register it, then I need to return it to original although I'm having a hard time finding out what is original on a VTI-R so I can comply.

So many models out there and VTI-R was a short run. I think I get 15" wheels, ABS, and Strut brace as standard. The trick exhaust will have to go as well as the air intake pod. I think I can get away with the King lowering springs.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:42 PM
Maxem
Drifting

You butcher. I could have used those as they were for the VTI-R

I'm currently trying to make progress on painting. Not easy in the weather we have today. Possibly give it away tomorrow and do a road trip with Doug to pick up the mean green machine.
Bargain at $225 with brackets, adjuster rails are another $50.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:55 PM
sp1ked
Instructor

Sure hope to be out there soon. First I need to re-register it, then I need to return it to original although I'm having a hard time finding out what is original on a VTI-R so I can comply. So many models out there and VTI-R was a short run. I think I get 15" wheels, ABS, and Strut brace as standard. The trick exhaust will have to go as well as the air intake pod. I think I can get away with the King lowering springs.
Short list compared to mine

From what I've seen Kings springs are ok. I've just brought new shocks and springs to replace my originals. Also picked up new seals for the brake callipers and master cylinder. At home working through a 'wife-list' on a perfect garage day. But back onto the car in the morning.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:36 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Never a dull week around here! Congrats on the new acquisitions and best times. Can't wait for the NITT. Last month has been insane working again, US travel and basically having been fighting colds, fevers & lost voice throughout. Who needs Ebola?

I did manage to replace discs, pads, convert to studs & short shift in my spare time. Still on list before NITT is spacers, fluids, red belts finishing up the ipad conversion and a few extra cosmetic changes. Fingers crossed.

I'd add pics, but looks like the parse error is still happening.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:09 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CS Mende
Never a dull week around here! Congrats on the new acquisitions and best times. Can't wait for the NITT. Last month has been insane working again, US travel and basically having been fighting colds, fevers & lost voice throughout. Who needs Ebola? I did manage to replace discs, pads, convert to studs & short shift in my spare time. Still on list before NITT is spacers, fluids, red belts finishing up the ipad conversion and a few extra cosmetic changes. Fingers crossed. I'd add pics, but looks like the parse error is still happening.
Wondering where you were. I thought you would have been itching to run BB again. We both need a sub 1:30 time

Sounds like a productive time for you anyway. Yes, NITT is not too far away. Can't wait either. Looks like I will collect the mean green machine tomorrow, but no time to get her sorted pre NITT. It will be Herman taking the trip. I hope I haven't forgotten anything there as no time now to order parts. Bring what ya got. I may see Brian to rotate the Z221s, but I can't remember if Taupo and Manfield are as hard as HD on the left hand tyres. Are you taking track tyres?
Old 08-30-2014, 03:11 AM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 145 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Maxem
Is that a bamboo bike ?
Old 08-30-2014, 03:45 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sp1ked
Short list compared to mine From what I've seen Kings springs are ok. I've just brought new shocks and springs to replace my originals. Also picked up new seals for the brake callipers and master cylinder. At home working through a 'wife-list' on a perfect garage day. But back onto the car in the morning.
Look forward to seeing what the Pug can do. If racing Ray is lapping at 1:23 we all have some work to do.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:47 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spokes
Is that a bamboo bike ?
Yes, Dave has some sexy bike kit in his man cave.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:51 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Yes, I've made a couple, first one was bamboo and carbon fibre terminals, second one here which is a 29er single speed, I used a pair of old Levi's soaked in resin for the joints.
Attached Images  
Old 08-30-2014, 03:53 AM
Maxem
Drifting

.....belt loops as cable guides, denim in resin filed and sanded to shape takes on a lovely marbly appearance......
Attached Images  
Old 08-30-2014, 04:14 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Sam came over and we swapped my primary bypass over onto his 964. He's now got a cat bypass, primary bypass and only the secondary muffler to quieten things down. So same setup as I had and john has on Herman (assuming he has the cat bypass?). The car sounds great.

I've removed my loan secondary muffler (compliments of John) after I blew the baffles in mine on the SITT and I've reinstalled my primary. So I now have cat bypass, primary muffler through G pipe (yet to order) to the single outlet. So mine will be similar to the yellow race car Steve built. Pity I can't start it to see how she sounds. Broken oil cooler is still installed and would result in a big oil puddle.

Would post photos but the iOS app api is still broken (parser error) sigh.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:16 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Road trip to Katikati early in the morn in the Cayenne with Chris's race trailer to pick up. The mean green machine (MGM). Could that be her name? She needs a name folks.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?