Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 02:21 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2BWise
In the 1st stop Kimi was 2nd, behind Hamilton by a few tenths. How in the hell does FA finish 2nd if Kimi changes tires as well?
Hey watch the race the last third of the race Kimi was behind FA, he passed FA with a few laps to go ... FA finishing second was based on Heidfields strategy who was 15 seconds behind FA and finished second due to a tire change .... Forget pete he has not seen his shrink all week.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:08 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anyone hear Bob Varsha describe the snippy little Spanish girl as 'damaged goods' among the F1 teams? During P2 this morning, he was discussing how teams are wary of her because of her history of troublemaking at McLaren, and how that had made many [most?] teams wary of considering her as an option in their driver plans. At some point, her mad skillz will mean little if no team other than Renault will will touch her.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:58 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by APKhaos
Did anyone hear Bob Varsha describe the snippy little Spanish girl as 'damaged goods' among the F1 teams? During P2 this morning, he was discussing how teams are wary of her because of her history of troublemaking at McLaren, and how that had made many [most?] teams wary of considering her as an option in their driver plans. At some point, her mad skillz will mean little if no team other than Renault will will touch her.
What an outrage.
Such blatant bias for Hamilton.
That, Sir, is no way to treat a lady.
Of course Varsha et. al will all be eating their words next season when Kimi leaves the team and Alonso moves in.
Sir A. Wayne.....relax, breath in, breath out.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:21 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 569 Posts

Actually Brett Favre is driving for Ferrari next year as he couldn't make a deal with the Packers or the Vikings...

(that should get Lewis going...)
Old 07-18-2008, 06:31 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Yes varsha's info is pretty deep FA damaged goods ,lol...............
Old 07-18-2008, 06:37 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by skl
Actually Brett Favre is driving for Ferrari next year as he couldn't make a deal with the Packers or the Vikings...

(that should get Lewis going...)
Trying to think of the F1 equivalent of an interception (after all, Favre is the all time interception leader....pretty sure he'll keep that record)......hmmn, stalled clutch, a dozen Massa wet weather 'offs'......a Danica driving over a crew member perhaps......

Favre is quickly becoming the Chuck Norris of the Rennlist OT forum
Old 07-19-2008, 01:07 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Cheer up Flav , you knew the great one was heading to Ferrari anyway........
Attached Images  

Last edited by A.Wayne; 09-30-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

Raikkonen and Massa signed through 2010. So much for Alonso going to Ferrari.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,564 Likes on 822 Posts

How can A Wayne be SO wrong about SO much SO often?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
How can A Wayne be SO wrong about SO much SO often?
VR, you must've not had your coffee yet, in F1 circles, this is common knowledge, actually when someone is
SO wrong about SO much SO often, they simple say "he's Wayne".

When reporters asked Kimi what he thought about Hamilton's latest comments regarding their battle at Spa, Kimi's response was: "I don't give a **** what that little **** thinks, besides, he's Wayne".

Last edited by Flying Finn; 09-12-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,564 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
VR, you must've not had your coffee yet, in F1 circles, this is common knowledge, actually when someone is
SO wrong about SO much SO often, they simple say "he's Wayne".

I think when reporters asked Kimi what he thought about Hamilton's latest comments regarding their battle at Spa, Kimi's response was: "I don't give a **** what that little **** thinks, besides, he's Wayne".
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:26 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Russ Murphy
Raikkonen and Massa signed through 2010. So much for Alonso going to Ferrari.
Hello Honda switchboard operator?
Yes, good morning.
Could I please speak with Ross Brawn.
Oh, yes, my name is Fernando Alonso.....
No, he's not expecting my call.....
Oh, could I please be put thru to his voicemail then?
Old 09-30-2008, 02:37 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Renault trust Alonso will stay on

By Jonathan Noble Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 12:04 GMT

Renault technical director Bob Bell is confident that his team have done everything they can to convince Fernando Alonso to stay on board for next season.

The French car manufacturer ended their two-year victory drought in Singapore when Alonso made the most of a well-timed safety car period to triumph in F1's first night race.

And although Alonso says he is still weighing up his options for 2009, with BMW Sauber and Honda Racing both interested in his services, Bell thinks that Renault have now done enough to erase any doubts Alonso may have about their ultimate potential.

"I am sure, to be perfectly honest, he (Alonso) would probably rather be sitting in a Ferrari or McLaren and, in the back of the mind, feels that for next year," Bell told autosport.com.

"But I think we have gone not just to a lot of effort on the track to prove to him that this team is on the way back up again, but also with our facilities in the factory, and what we are doing, how we are organised, to show him this team are serious about winning.

"We are not in this to make up the midfield - and I hope we have done enough to convince him to stay with us. I think we have. But I don't know."

Bell believes that the progress the team have made with the R28 this year is evidence that they are on course to return as genuine front-runners in 2009.

"I think if you just look at the simple numbers – say the Q2 gap between our quickest driver and the quickest guy in Q2, we've gone from more than a second lap in Melbourne down to, we didn't get in here, but prior to this race it was down to four tenths," said Bell.

"So we made a nice steady progress, which is what we have been aiming to do all year. And we still stick by our objectives – we have to finish fourth in the championship, we have to be able to split the BMWs and occasionally fight for a podium. That is what we are all about this year."

When asked if he felt they were now in a position to match the pace of BMW Sauber, Bell said: "It ebbs and flows a little bit depending on the circuit, but on a good day we can be a match for them with Fernando."

Last edited by A.Wayne; 09-30-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:51 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Hello Honda switchboard operator?
Yes, good morning.
Could I please speak with Ross Brawn.
Oh, yes, my name is Fernando Alonso.....
No, he's not expecting my call.....
Oh, could I please be put thru to his voicemail then?
LOL....... wrong

Click , Buuump push , scrack
New Message :

Alonso , this is Ross brawn beep

heck ross calling again ,
New Message :

Hello Fernanado this is monty , please reconsider, i will throw raikkonen in as your valet .. you will have someone to carry your helmet like Hamilton , give me a call fernanado , Pleaseeeeeeeee... you saw what happened again last weekend , please call schumacher is giving me dat look again ..

Hmmmm, valet !

New Message:

Hello Fernanado this is Ross again .. agggh

phew man he is harassing ....

New Message :

Hello Fernando , it's me Lewis , whats up ! man , i want us to be friends, can we be friends , Pleaseeeeeee, . C'mon fernanado .. agggh , click , beep

Damn , how did he get my number ?

New Message :

Fernanado , this is ITC again , please endorse the cap and pajamas sent to you 2 months ago , my son is waiting for the cap .... Beeeppppppp

Damn , what a nut case ....................

Beeep
New Message :
Fernando , mickey ! how about linking with me for lunch on wednesday , we can run over a few pedestrians after for fun.. Ohh i got my new suit you should see it ... beeeeeeep

Damn , never , the last time we got into tooo much trouble ....and that suit is hideous.

Beeep :
New Message :
Feranado , monty again , i just saw Schumacher in that hideous outfit of his are you guys going to lunch again ? Beeep !
Attached Images  

Last edited by A.Wayne; 09-30-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:56 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Sorry, one (safety car assisted) race victory doesn't change things with Alonso and/or Renault....with all due respect to Bob Bell.

BTW, has he been mathematically eliminated from winning his 3rd WDC?
I mean first a victory, then it's off to the WDC, right?

I still see nothing in common between Schumacher and Alonso when it comes to building a team.....they couldn't be more diametrically opposed IMHO.

7 WDC or not, you have to admire what he assembled at Ferrari.....then again, you have to admire what Alosno DISassembled at McLaren.

Quick Reply: Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3