Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 02:33 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,969 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
My wet dream is to see KR actually finishing on my face..
I bet it is.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:18 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Kimi was my pick, hence the back pressure back and forth,back and forth between the Kimister and my waffle...in the bunker that particular weekend.
Huh, ahh, em, ahem , whatever works for you petey , not saying there is anything wrong with it , If it works for you......
Old 11-04-2008, 01:15 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Formula 1 » Alonso Brazil podium fires warning shot for 2009.

AMIGOS, Ahhhh C'mon out gents ......

Fernando Alonso maintained his status as the highest-scoring driver of the second half of the 2008 Formula 1 World Championship in São Paulo, after a gamble to switch over to slick tyres before the majority of his rivals proved the catalyst for a podium charge in the Brazilian Grand Prix.

More:
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/n..._for_2009.html

Ahh the Brilliance of Briatore :
Attached Images   
Old 11-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fernando Alonso maintained his status as the highest-scoring driver of the second half of the 2008 Formula 1 World Championship in São Paulo, after a gamble to switch over to slick tyres before the majority of his rivals proved the catalyst for a podium charge in the Brazilian Grand Prix.
Ahh, not quite. Fernando had 13 points going into Germany, and finished with a very impressive 61 for a net of 48. Massa had 48 at that time and finished with 97, gaining 49 points, and Hamilton was tied at that time with Massa, finishing with 98, for a gain of 50. Just saying....
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:51 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Ahh, not quite. Fernando had 13 points going into Germany, and finished with a very impressive 61 for a net of 48. Massa had 48 at that time and finished with 97, gaining 49 points, and Hamilton was tied at that time with Massa, finishing with 98, for a gain of 50. Just saying....
Magnanimous in defeat larry ?
Old 11-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Magnanimous in defeat larry ?
I wasn't aware that I had a horse in the 2008 championship. Maybe you could tell me who I was backing?
Old 11-04-2008, 07:41 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Larry, this is the spin and convenient edits thrown out as truths by Wayne with the hope of no one double checking his work. Good catch by you. I caught Wayne a couple weeks ago when he conveniently took out a major portion of an interview completely altering the interview context.

So to review, Alonso was 3rd in accumulation of points, not 1st. Makes a difference don't you think?
Old 11-05-2008, 01:21 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

So to review, Alonso was 3rd in accumulation of points, not 1st. Makes a difference don't you think?
Yes, it makes a huge difference but you have to admit that Alonso came on quite strong at the end!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:43 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Renault retain Alonso and Piquet for '09

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72010

By Steven English Wednesday, November 5th 2008, 14:16 GMT

tRenault have confirmed an unchanged driver line-up for the 2009 season, with Fernando Alonso agreeing a two-year extension to his deal with the team.

His teammate Nelson Piquet has only been signed for one further season at present.

Team boss Flavio Briatore believes the announcement gives Renault a well-balanced driver line-up going into next year's championship.

"This gives the ING Renault F1 Team one of the most exciting driver pairings with the perfect blend of youth and experience," he said.

"Fernando's commitment for the next two seasons confirms the faith he has in the team and we are delighted to continue working with him.

"He has been a big asset throughout this difficult season and his leadership and talent, matched with the team's hard work and determination, have paid off with our recent performances, which have placed the ING Renault F1 Team back among the top competitors of Formula 1."

Alonso won two world championships with Renault before leaving for McLaren at the end of 2006, but he returned this year after failing to gel with the Woking-based squad.

Although this season began badly for Alonso and Renault, they staged a late-season resurgence that saw the Spaniard win in Singapore and Japan.

"After a difficult start to the season, we have overcome our difficulties and constantly improved our performances," said Alonso.

"My back-to-back wins in Singapore and Japan, and my recent second place podium finish in Brazil, have proved how competitive we can be.

"In the past we have won championships together, as well as going through tough moments, but we are now determined to show that we can repeat that success together in the coming seasons."

The double champion had been linked with Ferrari and BMW, and heavily courted by Honda, before agreeing his extended Renault deal.

"I have decided to stay with the ING Renault F1 team because, as I have often repeated this season, they have always been my first choice and I feel very happy and comfortable with them," Alonso said.

"It's a very close-knit team with a competitive and winning mentality, and also a relaxed and warm attitude, which suits me perfectly."

Piquet's future at Renault had been in doubt after he struggled for much of his rookie season - particularly in qualifying - but his form improved towards the end of the year, highlighted by a strong drive from 11th on the grid to fourth in Japan.

"Obviously I am delighted to have the opportunity to race for the ING Renault F1 Team for a second year," he said.

"Although I have had a tough year, I have learned a lot from my rookie season and I will aim to put that experience to good use next season. I want to thank the team for their support this year and for the trust they have shown in me for the future.

"I'm already excited about 2009 and looking forward to working with the team over the winter so that we can start next season strongly."
Attached Images  
Old 11-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

So you think Alo is going to add another "Ace" to his helmet next year Wayne?
Old 11-05-2008, 03:30 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray S
So you think Alo is going to add another "Ace" to his helmet next year Wayne?
I will speak when they hit Australia in 2009 ................................
Old 11-05-2008, 07:42 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Poor Wayno must be out of the loop of insider information...

Alonso: Renault was always my first choice
05 November 2008

On Wednesday the Renault Formula 1 team announced that it has signed both Fernando Alonso and Nelson Piquet jr. for another season. Fernando Alonso never made a secret of it that the Renault F1 team was his first choice and admits the team suits him perfectly.

Fernando Alonso commented on his decision to stick with the Renault Formula 1 team for another season: "I have decided to stay with the ING Renault F1 team because, as I have often repeated this season, they have always been my first choice and I feel very happy and comfortable with them. It's a very close-knit team with a competitive and winning mentality, and also a relaxed and warm attitude, which suits me perfectly.

"After a difficult start to the season, we have overcome our difficulties and constantly improved our performances. My back-to-back wins in Singapore and Japan, and my recent second place podium finish in Brazil, have proved how competitive we can be. In the past we have won championships together, as well as going through tough moments, but we are now determined to show that we can repeat that success together in the coming seasons."
Old 11-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Alonso: Renault was always my first choice
05 November 2008

Fernando Alonso commented on his decision to stick with the Renault Formula 1 team for another season: "I have decided to stay with the ING Renault F1 team because, as I have often repeated this season, they have always been my first choice and I feel very happy and comfortable with them. It's a very close-knit team with a competitive and winning mentality, and also a relaxed and warm attitude, which suits me perfectly.

"After a difficult start to the season, we have overcome our difficulties and constantly improved our performances. My back-to-back wins in Singapore and Japan, and my recent second place podium finish in Brazil, have proved how competitive we can be. In the past we have won championships together, as well as going through tough moments, but we are now determined to show that we can repeat that success together in the coming seasons."
It's true. Renault was his first choice. He "first" chose to remain at Renault after Ferrari and BMW told him they didn't need him.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:42 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

I do expect a full explanation from FA as to why he did not take the Ferrari seat and
Yeah , renault was his first choice if not Ferrari , Academic really as BMW and the others where no faster than Renault ....I can now put a check mark beside KR for the finn , while i wait for my own WDC pick .....

Ahh dats one in the bag , as i wait for the others ..................................
Old 11-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Poor Wayno must be out of the loop of insider information...
So nothing has changed...

Quick Reply: Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3