Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 11:18 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JimB
How could you wish that on Kubica? McLaren is where drivers go to be bridesmaids. Just ask Kimi. He wasted his best years there. I'd like to see Kubica stay at BMW and continue to bring that team along.

Kimi and Alonso at Ferarri would be great but probably not so enjoyable for Flying Finn.
Yeah , because unlike Massa Kimi will have to chase ALonso ................Kimi and Alonso would be good 2 no 1 going at each other , FInally i would be able to quite all the detractors for once.

Last edited by A.Wayne; 07-09-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:00 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,969 Posts

Massa had one bad race, but before Sunday, he was the hottest driver on the grid. It's too early for the silly season, however, if Santander does move to sponsor Ferrari, it would seem that it's all but done and we'll have to endure FA in red
Old 07-09-2008, 01:42 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Massa had one bad race, but before Sunday, he was the hottest driver on the grid. It's too early for the silly season, however, if Santander does move to sponsor Ferrari, it would seem that it's all but done and we'll have to endure FA in red
Massa has proven over and over that he is one of the better drivers in F1. There was something else going on last weekend.

Everywhere Alonso has gone he's made the team dramatically better. That’s the sort of problem Ferrari will be more than happy to endure.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:48 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Here let me hlep you ....
Attached Images  
Old 07-09-2008, 02:28 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 98 Posts

The hypothesis that Alonso is one of the absolute best drivers out there is reinforced by the overpowering effect that he seems to have on the driver market. I think almost everyone would like to have him, despite any perceived baggage he might bring on the personality side.

Although various comments have been made that seemingly dismiss the idea of Alonso in certain teams, I think a lot of those comments are similar to the type that people might make about something that they may not have, but secretly want. Sort of like someone looking at a Ferrari (road car) and opining:

“Nah, I wouldn’t want one of those. Build quality is really not that great, reliability is spotty and service rates are ridiculous. Yup, wrong car for me…”

Just watch the transformation when they actually somehow get one – and love it…

I think some of these team principle comments are in a similar vein:

“Yeah, he’s a good driver, but we already have two great drivers. Wouldn’t want to upset the balance and cohesiveness that we have on our team…”

But I bet they would jump at the chance to employ Alonso.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:45 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Sport Bild

Sport Bild article , have Ross Brawn in tears as he wanted to make a bid for Alonso to Honda , HUH ! Honda is positively not on Alonso list he has a deal with ferrari going back last year and blocked by Dennis. A 1 yr Renault deal puts him at Ferrari for 09 , If Kimi has the ***** to stay around we will really see Who is the best driver in F1.

http://translate.google.com/translat...ial%26hs%3DlSR
Old 07-17-2008, 03:56 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Q & A with Fernando Alonso

autosport.com

By Simon Strang Thursday, July 17th 2008, 16:11 GMT

Q. What did you test here last week?

Fernando AlonsoFernando Alonso: We tested some new parts on the car and some setup work. The aerodynamic parts were to help the total downforce and the grip of the car, while the setup work was specific for this circuit so we can arrive with a better car starting tomorrow morning here. I was quite happy with the test so we just need to compare ourselves to our competitors in the race.

Q. What are your expectations for this race?

FA: The same as the last two or three Grands Prix. We will try to do a good qualifying and hopefully finish in the top five or six in the race. We want to keep scoring points in the race. Now it is no longer important the results of the next race, we need to think overall now for the general points of the championship and try to get points every race to earn a better position in the constructors' championship.

Q. Does this mean a more risk-free policy for the team, after being quite aggressive in the last few races?

FA: No, it depends on the conditions and it depends on the situation you are in the race. There are times when you need to risk, because there is a clear opportunity to take advantage. And there are some situations where we need to be happy with the points we have, even if it is sixth or seventh or whatever it is, because maybe at the end of the season it will be important. Our races now are with Toyota, Red Bull Racing and Williams. We need to forget about the top three teams and we just need to concentrate on our competitors.

Q. Do you feel you have missed out on the opportunities given to you by the wet races this year?

FA: Well, there is always a luck factor in wet races. For sure at Silverstone at the first stop if I had changed tyres I could have finished second because I was in front of Nick Heidfeld by 10 seconds. After the race, Heidfeld finished second so maybe that second was my position if I had changed tyres.

It was a one-second decision on whether to change tyres or not, and the weather forecast we had was for no more rain, so you normally keep the tyres. Then it rains and you finish at the back of the grid. There are situations where you need a bit of luck and you need some good decisions, and maybe we miss some results through mistakes. But this is F1, and I am sure there are teams that feel the same as us - like Ferrari, at Silverstone they had the same strategy as us with the same problems. It is not only us, it is a risk you have to take sometimes.

Q. Are you satisfied with the improvements made by the team this season, or do you think it is not enough?

FA: Yes, I think the improvements made since the beginning of the season are very, very good. They are quite big improvements and the car is much better now than it was in Australia. The problem for us was that in Australia the level of our performance was too low, so with the big improvements we made we still are not in the position we wanted. I think the problem of us this year was the starting point was not good enough.

Q. Does Sebastian Vettel's signing at Red Bull Racing mean you are staying at Renault?

FA: I have said many times, it is not the right time to talk about my future in July. I will need time, I will need to concentrate now in the championship because it is clear that we need to improve our results compared to the first half of the season. In the first nine races we scored 15 points, and as a minimum we need to double that in the second half. So, this is quite an optimistic target and I am fully concentrated on that. For the future, it is too early.

Q. Is there something you expect from Renault to be able to stay next year?

FA: No. Obviously it will be important every race. If we keep improving as we are doing now, then it is clear that Renault can have a good car. And maybe it could be the opposite too. There are teams who could grow up quite quickly in the summer and they finish the year very strong, and a good thing for next year. Every race is important for the decision as well.

Q. Does the team inform you of the job they are doing for next year?

FA: They are starting and there are always some things that they need the opinion of the driver about – a part in the cockpit or whatever for comfort or vision. So you need to be involved in everything.
Attached Images  
Old 07-17-2008, 04:25 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Sport Bild article , have Ross Brawn in tears as he wanted to make a bid for Alonso to Honda , HUH !
I beleive there may be a SLIGHT error in translation.

I believe that Ross Brawn was in tears when he found out that Honda would even consider Miss Alonso.....I can't imagine Ross having to work next to Miss Alonso for any length of time.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:27 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

LOL...."Would have, Could have, If only..." typical spin from the Spanard.

Alonso thinks 2nd was his to lose IF they had changed the tires on his car. So IF Kimi's tires had been changed would he still think he would be 2nd?

Anyway you slice it, Fergie still hasn't sniffed the podium. My predictions still holds true. He'll get another shot this weekend if the weather forcast hold, but in the dry, he has no shot in hell.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:29 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Damn, lewis, we were quick to jump on that Q&A from FA. Someone's got to keep him in check
Old 07-17-2008, 04:36 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Damn, lewis, we were quick to jump on that Q&A from FA. Someone's got to keep him in check
It's a bit of a team sport, especially since Sir A. Wayne is supporting more than one binky, Hamilton and Miss Alonso.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:16 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Hey bubba's , Kimi was behind Alonso for most of the race , both did not change their tires and he still got ahead of raikkonen , it was all driver, so Yes he would have been 2 nd if he had changed tires ....
Old 07-18-2008, 12:25 PM
2BWise
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

In the 1st stop Kimi was 2nd, behind Hamilton by a few tenths. How in the hell does FA finish 2nd if Kimi changes tires as well?
Old 07-18-2008, 12:42 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bill,

It's Wayne's world where Logic is somehow thrown aside for banter. Just roll with it and nod your head in agreement. Did you ever see the movie "One few over the Coo Coos Nest". Trust me, heavy meds couldn't bring A. Wayne back. A shame really. Play along and tell him everything will be fine. Say something like "Of course Fernando will end up at Ferrari, the writing is on the wall". That makes him feel much better. Thank you for your understanding, we'll keep an eye on him.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:19 PM
2BWise
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I know, but I like to follow all the F1 discussions. I just dismiss anything that apparently lunacy. Kinda like the twilight zone in here.

Quick Reply: Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3