Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3

Wayne,

First, chill out man.

Second:

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
As usual you see what you want to see MCLAREN D-I-D- N-O-T R-E-L-E-A-S-E
A-L-O-N-S-O- U-N-T-I-L J-A-N 08 do you understand that , they kept him from testing or dealing with them until jan 08 so cut the bush whazeee bull **** , they also blocked his move to ferrari , hence the move to get a 1 year deal , ferrari has 2 no 2 drivers they know that , Kimi wins if massa drives for him , that's it ............ Kimi in a FERRARI BARELY BEAT A ROOKIE BY 1 POINT , HAAAA,,,HAHAA,,,,,, ohhh man
Of course McLaren didn't let Alonso test with Renault until Jan 08, that's "always" the case when drivers change teams (Alonso was exception when he went to Mc since Flav was nice for some reason).
For example, McLaren didn't let Kimi test with Ferrari until Jan 07, does that mean McLaren blocked Kimi's move to Ferrari?
No, it means they didn't let Kimi test until Jan 07 as is normal practice.

And again, please chill out, this is not worth getting pissed off for real.

Last edited by Flying Finn; 02-08-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:55 PM
jester911
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. The off season is really taking its toll.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:16 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Are we going to have an Alonso Pt3 now? I'm getting tired of things getting too personal. We are having fun exchanging ideas and kidding each other. I don't think anyone here is taking this personally. I know I don't. I am interested in how you think Ferarri would do with two 2 time WDC's at the same time. I don't think that would work well. As was proven last year, a team needs a dedicated #1 driver. Who will get that nod? The only reason Kimi is WDC (aside from his awesome driving) is that Mac imploded.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:45 PM
pat056
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't even spell F1, barely can spell ALMS
Old 02-07-2008, 02:48 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bench racing at it's best.

I'm surprised the Alonso part 2 thread didnt even make it to the opener.

And part 3 has started just that quickly, mods, please change the title, we know where this is headed.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jester911
Wow. The off season is really taking its toll.
I agree, I think we should write a letter to FIA and say off season is waaaayy too long for us!

Originally Posted by mitch236
Are we going to have an Alonso Pt3 now? I'm getting tired of things getting too personal. We are having fun exchanging ideas and kidding each other. I don't think anyone here is taking this personally. I know I don't. I am interested in how you think Ferarri would do with two 2 time WDC's at the same time. I don't think that would work well. As was proven last year, a team needs a dedicated #1 driver. Who will get that nod? The only reason Kimi is WDC (aside from his awesome driving) is that Mac imploded.
+1

None of this stuff should get or taked personal or "seriously seriously". I'm like you Mitch, I can argue passionately but I always remeber it's the issue (whatever it at that moment is) that argues, not people.

I actually think Ferrari would do well with Kimi & Alonso (another argument!! ) because of Kimi's Finnish nature. Alonso would be like Montoya with Kimi I think. He'd be the how latin temperature guy and Kimi would be the cool temperature Finn, they would complement each other.

Who knows though, Montoy in the end got frustrated driving with Kimi so that might as well happen with Alonso too but I'd give it a fair shot.
However, if Ferrari has a succesful season, let's say Kimi wins a Championship and Massa finished 2nd or 3rd (hence, also the contructor's title), why on earth would they hire Alonso to drive with Kimi? Marketing reasons?
That would be IMO the only reason you could even concider that and I know I wouldn't hire Alonso if thing were like that.

That way too much speculation though, let's try and keep our eye on this coming season, it's getting closer...

Originally Posted by pat056
I can't even spell F1, barely can spell ALMS

Finally someon brings something sensible into these F1 discussion!
Old 02-07-2008, 03:01 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Kimi would surely give Alonso a run for his money regardless, and it doesnt seem that Alonso takes that very well. If he cant be the one and only, he'll pout and throw fits.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

If there's going to an Alonso part3, you can get someone else to be the adult...I quit.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:26 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Wayne,

First, chill out man.

Second:

Of course McLaren didn't let Alonso test with Renault until Jan 08, that's "always" the case when drivers change teams (Alonso was exception when he went to Mc since Flav was nice for some reason).
For example, McLaren didn't let Kimi test with Ferrari until Jan 07, does that mean McLaren blocked Kimi's move to Ferrari?
No, it means they didn't let Kimi test until Jan 07 as is normal practice.

Finn the thread was starting to get dis-tasteful , i engage with the F1 stuff for serious racing banter , it all seems to get personal and disrespectful on all parts , If i post info then I get attacked and that has nothing to do with the content , You guys want to attack alonso Who gives a F, but why does it always end with the personal attacks , then i have to respond, then it all get's childish, nothing to do with the sport , **** and hamilton thought he had it hard in spain he need's to do rennlist ...

We can joke with each other but less not make it the main course , because in the end what we have here is a watering hole for the last few smucks ( USA) who gives a rats' **** about F1 and it's inards , less keep it that way and Enjoy......

Larry will you be spinning at Sebring ( here we go agaiiiiin)
Old 02-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Unfortunately not. The racing budget took a big hit this winter and I do not know when I'll be back out again. I am hoping for this summer but it is all up in the air right now.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:06 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Finn the thread was starting to get dis-tasteful , i engage with the F1 stuff for serious racing banter , it all seems to get personal and disrespectful on all parts , If i post info then I get attacked and that has nothing to do with the content , You guys want to attack alonso Who gives a F, but why does it always end with the personal attacks , then i have to respond, then it all get's childish, nothing to do with the sport , **** and hamilton thought he had it hard in spain he need's to do rennlist ...

We can joke with each other but less not make it the main course , because in the end what we have here is a watering hole for the last few smucks ( USA) who gives a rats' **** about F1 and it's inards , less keep it that way and Enjoy......

Wayne,
We all appreciate your passion, so don't drop out on us. I often wonder where you get the time to follow all this stuff.
I am as guilty as anybody when it comes to getting a little close to the bone, but I think that it is (mostly) in fun. In your case, it certainly isn't personal.
Lastly, as the keeper of the Yiddish flag here on Rennlist, i think the word is "schmuck". We have quite a few good deragotary phrases, so if you need any more Yiddish, just PM me. In the meantime, I still assert Alonso is a putz, and a heimyenkel.
AS
Old 02-07-2008, 08:05 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,902 Likes on 1,723 Posts

Waaahhhhh, my feelings got hurt. He called me a name, wahhhhhhh. Are you serious? We all have cabin fever and cannot wait to talk about the action that starts on track. In the meantime, we cannabilize each other. It's all in fun and busting each others *****! Didn't you ever have any brothers that would rib you to death. And don't say your posts are all about the sport, because you write some crap just to get a reaction and keep the threads going. We respond with more to get you to respond and defend your dear Alonso. It's what guys do. How many names have you called me or posted the cowboy shirt worn by MS and referred to Broke Back?

Next time drink the bottle of Vodka and don't bet Finn or the wine you bet with Ray S. Take a swig yourself and relax.

So suck it up, and take it like a man, not a shicksa. Keep on doing what you do best, cutting and pasting. Disclaimer: The last sentence was a pure attempt to rib A. Wayne and in no way reflects the views or opinions of Rennlist, its general membership or its sponsors.

Last edited by multi21; 02-07-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Wayne,

First, chill out man.

Second:

+1

Unfortunately, I think he picked up his toys and went home.

The Alo banter will be missed.......but I doubt it's gone for good.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

BTW Finn, is this the new "Detractor thread" pt 3?
Old 02-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
If there's going to an Alonso part3, you can get someone else to be the adult...I quit.
Come on Larry, now you need to chill, don't you know that "father's love is a love without limits"? You can't abandon your "kids" like that!

I hear ya but we all bust each others *****, you included, and there's no need to get too mad about that. You post a ton of F1 info which I think a lot of us really enjoy and appreciate (I know I do!) but on the other hand, i.e. when you say "McLaren blocked Alonso from going to Ferrari for this season", you and I both know it's just not true.

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Unfortunately not. The racing budget took a big hit this winter and I do not know when I'll be back out again. I am hoping for this summer but it is all up in the air right now.
Hat
e to admit but I feel little better now, I've been so bummed about 48 hrs and the whole "Finn going club racing" because all of that is so on back burner...

Originally Posted by Ray S
BTW Finn, is this the new "Detractor thread" pt 3?
Funny, I just thought to myself that I should've named it that... So hell yes!

If Wayne gives me a permission (I think he has copyrights on the name...), I will change the title of this thread. Wayne?

Quick Reply: Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3