Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 02:39 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alonso undecided on Renault future

By Pablo Elizalde Monday, June 16th 2008, 14:50 GMT

Fernando Alonso says he is yet to decide if he will stay at the Renault team following the end of this season.

The Spaniard is believed to have a performance-related clause in his contract that would allows him to leave the French squad at the end of the year.

Alonso, returning to Renault after a year with McLaren, has scored just nine points in seven races and lies in ninth place in the drivers' championship.

The two-time champion admitted the season has been worse than he had expected and says he will decide on his future later in the year.

"I don't know (if I will stay with Renault)," he told a news conference on Monday. "It's not been a good year so far and it has been worse than we expected. We have not been on the podium, let alone won a race.

"We have a lot of work to do. I will take a decision on my future towards the end of the year when we'll be able to see how far we have come."

The Renault driver, however, is positive the French squad can enjoy a strong race in Magny-Cours this weekend.

"In France we have a lot of support and for me it's like racing in Barcelona," he said. "During the week the team have worked hard and have made improvements with the car in testing. We have taken another step forward.

"I feel full of confidence at the moment and we are on the right track."
Old 06-16-2008, 02:52 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Does the term 'whiny little bitch' come to mind?

Apparently 'team building', especially with the folks who helped him win 2 WDC is not in his vocabulary.
Shocking, especially for a "man" who many claim is one of the best in the world at developing a chassis.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:39 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Does the term 'whiny little bitch' come to mind?

Apparently 'team building', especially with the folks who helped him win 2 WDC is not in his vocabulary.
Shocking, especially for a "man" who many claim is one of the best in the world at developing a chassis.
Apparently the folks who helped him win 2 WDC think differently from your sickly distorted view of FA.

Today he's celebrating being given the "Prix Dialogo" award from the hands of the French ambassador to Spain, Mr. Bruno Delaye, himself. In its 5th renewal, this annual award is given to people and organizations who characterize the spirit of cooperation and friendship between Spain and France.

"Alonso has helped France, Spain and the whole world dream," stated Mr. Delaye. "He is a model of professionalism and how our two countries have worked together to make a winning team."

If anything, this award was given to FA for his team building ability with Renault, like the French ambassador said. If you're going to diss the man, at least get your facts straight!

LINK: http://www.europapress.es/deportes/f...616172945.html
Old 06-16-2008, 10:02 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Oh, FRANCE, well that's different now. I mean, the French Ambassador to Spain.......I'm speechless from hyperventilating.
Pardon me for being less than completely overwhelmed by the Surrender Monkeys, home of the FIA.

Explain all of this to me when Alonso leaves (another) team at the end of the season.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 858 Posts

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
"Alonso has helped France, Spain and the whole world dream," stated Mr. Delaye. "He is a model of professionalism and how our two countries have worked together to make a winning team."
So a guy who (a) illegally receives confidential intellectual property of a competing team; (b) uses said data to help himself win races over said competing team, and then (c) uses his actual receipt of said data to try to blackmail his own team into declaring him the #1 driver over the rookie who routinely was cleaning his clock on track is, in the eyes of the frogs, "a model of professionalism"?

Why am I not surprised?

It looks like quite a moral compass that is shared by your country and the frogs.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:15 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,429 Likes on 2,039 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
So a guy who (a) illegally receives confidential intellectual property of a competing team; (b) uses said data to help himself win races over said competing team, and then (c) uses his actual receipt of said data to try to blackmail his own team into declaring him the #1 driver over the rookie who routinely was cleaning his clock on track is, in the eyes of the frogs, "a model of professionalism"?

Why am I not surprised?

It looks like quite a moral compass that is shared by your country and the frogs.
You have it all wrong! He never did anything to hurt Renault. Try to keep that in mind the next time you try to prove your point
Old 06-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flight747
You have it all wrong! He never did anything to hurt Renault. Try to keep that in mind the next time you try to prove your point
I never said he did. Try to keep up, OK?
Old 06-16-2008, 10:28 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

And where is Chevy Chase when you need him....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General..._is_still_dead

BTW, nice picture of Franco with Hitler.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:31 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow, you guys are vicious. How can you condemn an entire country for the actions of one Fernando Alonso. Stop it now!! Que A. Wayne.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:31 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Wait, this just in...

http://video.aol.com/partner/hulu/sa...ngyO53jJatd8l-
Old 06-16-2008, 10:33 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Wow, you guys are vicious. How can you condemn an entire country for the actions of one Fernando Alonso. Stop it now!! Que A. Wayne.

I don't know....maybe we should ask the French Ambassador to Spain.
VR, what are your thoughts on this?
Old 06-16-2008, 10:37 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
I don't know....maybe we should ask the French Ambassador to Spain.
VR, what are your thoughts on this?
I just farted in his general direction.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:45 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

I'm surprised that the newly crowned/annointed "Official Fernando Alonso Fan" hasn't performed a HALO drop into this thread and defended the honor/integrity/character of Fernando Alosno.

Personally, I am still allowing a few more days of mourning for Sir A. Wayne, as I know he really wanted that job.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:22 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

I can't remember, did Schumacher ever have anything as pretentious as an "Official Fan" or "#1 Fan"?

Still waiting to get clobbered with a slew of youtube video links, pictures, chess updates, anything from A. Wayne...
Old 06-16-2008, 11:24 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

I can't remember, did Schumacher ever have anything as pretentious as an "Official Fan" or "#1 Fan"?
Michael, not Corina.

Quick Reply: Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3