Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Alonso is still the driver to have at this stage in F1
If that were true top teams would be fighting to get him (not teams like Renault, Red Bull, Honda, etc). That does not seem to be the case (BMW for example, seems to have no interest).

No question he's got talent, but he also comes with a lot of "baggage" IMHO.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:21 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
If that were true top teams would be fighting to get him (not teams like Renault, Red Bull, Honda, etc). That does not seem to be the case (BMW for example, seems to have no interest).

I agree and that's what I was saying. It's like dating a hot supermodel that has temper tantrums all the time and has very expensive taste. Is it worth it? You be the judge...
Old 11-29-2007, 05:24 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray S

Ray , what teams are not fighting to get Alonso , mclaren did not fire Alonso ., Alonso asked to be released from his contract as far back as Hungary , I would be amazed if Mclaren contract on Alonso release is not the holdup on his taking the Ferrari seat. Ferrari is the top team in F1 , Mclaren is 1 tier below then BMW and the rest another tier down. There is not a team principle in F1 that would not want Alonso driving for them .

FInn, I know you will have nightmares if Alonso make it to Ferrari, but all arrows point to this , All the Ferrari sweet talking, Alonso testimony against Mclaren on behalf of Ferrari, his non committal to teams regardless of the offer, he wants a 1 yr deal ......

Mitch, apparently Michael Schumacher , Jean todt, Montezemullo, Bernie eccelstone , toyota, renault , ferrari, red bull, honda and mclaren feels that he is worth it ,,,
Old 11-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

...FInn, I know you will have nightmares if Alonso make it to Ferrari, but all arrows point to this , All the Ferrari sweet talking, Alonso testimony against Mclaren on behalf of Ferrari, his non committal to teams regardless of the offer, he wants a 1 yr deal...
I have same attitude as Kimi does if Alonso goes to Ferrari because Kimi will kick Alonso's whiny ***.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:06 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
I have same attitude as Kimi does if Alonso goes to Ferrari because Kimi will kick Alonso's whiny ***.
LOL, well let's hope you share the bottle this time Biaaaatch
Old 11-29-2007, 06:21 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,481 Likes on 2,075 Posts

Ray , what teams are not fighting to get Alonso , mclaren did not fire Alonso ., Alonso asked to be released from his contract as far back as Hungary , I would be amazed if Mclaren contract on Alonso release is not the holdup on his taking the Ferrari seat. Ferrari is the top team in F1 , Mclaren is 1 tier below then BMW and the rest another tier down. There is not a team principle in F1 that would not want Alonso driving for them .

FInn, I know you will have nightmares if Alonso make it to Ferrari, but all arrows point to this , All the Ferrari sweet talking, Alonso testimony against Mclaren on behalf of Ferrari, his non committal to teams regardless of the offer, he wants a 1 yr deal ......

Mitch, apparently Michael Schumacher , Jean todt, Montezemullo, Bernie eccelstone , toyota, renault , ferrari, red bull, honda and mclaren feels that he is worth it ,,,

You are HIGH!!! It's obvious Ferrari and Alonso struck a deal after Hungury? MS, JT think that he is worth it. Get back in the bunker before I send the men in white lab coats and butterfly nets out to get you!!

Because JT shakes his hand, doesn't mean anything. I can find pictures of Hamilton and Alonso shaking hands, but I don't think they'll be sending Christmas cards to each other. MS hasn't said a word.

Stick to the facts. This fantasy you portray to be reality is nonsense. If he has a clause that effectively denies him from going to a works team, why is he in talks with Renault, Honda and Toyota? You speak out of both sides of your ***.

Bernie said it best. Alonso was promised the #1 position. His Teammate wasn't even picked when he signed with McLaren. Hamilton outshined his veteran teammate, Alonso and schooled him.

Let me put it to you this way and keep it simple enough so that you can wrap your mind around what is happening, because you clearly cannot understand what is going on between the lines: Follow closely:

At this point the upper ranks of the F1 paddock are looking at Alonso with reservation for the following reasons:

1. His first WC was won because of a rule change (discussed at length before)

2. His 2nd WC was won due to a competitors engine blow up in the 2nd to last race of the year (also discussed at length before)

3. Alonso has never had a strong teammate (Fisi is parking cars right about now), the moment he gets sometype of competent teammate, he looks rather average.

4. A rookie who had never driven an F1 car beat him in the same equipment.

5. He's too much of a distraction and "high maintanence" when things are not going right and is a loyalty risk.

Ferrari don't need him, McLaren don't want him which leads to BMW... a team who is on the verge of breaking out and could threaten both F and Mac. They are the team that should be beating down the door for Alonso's services to put them over the top. The reason why they don't is for reasons 1-5 listed above. Alonso is a short term fix with long term problems. He is the Terrell Owens/Randy Moss of the F1 paddock.

Honda, Red Bull, whomever is picking up 2nd day old bread at this point. They're hungry.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:32 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Here yah go :Based on this report out of Germany , Alonso - Honda a done deal .
Interesting Bernie is in the middle again , getting Ross to Honda and now Alonso ....
Pete lay off the bong , you are suffering from dementia....

Formula 1
Alonso at Honda

From Ralf Bach

In Formula 1 opens a sensation. Fernando Alonso (26) The two Times F1 Champion Fernando Alonso (26) is nearing an agreement with Honda. SPORT BILD online learned from a safe source: Alonso spent an entire day in the Honda factory in Brackley (80 kilometers northwest of London).

The Spaniard made it even a seat in the test car for 2008. An insider: "Who makes a seating trial, He has well as signed."

The new Honda team boss Ross Brawn feels Honda led by Alonso , will have both short term and long term gains . Brawn, who was technology chief at Ferrari with Michael Schumacher won five drivers titles, began a his sabatical at the end of 2006 now returns in 2008 as head of the Japanese team. The 53- thinks the world of Fernando Alonso after the Spaniard in 2005 and 2006 as Renault pilot stop the five-year dominance of Michael Schumacher and Ferrari and finished twice World Champion. Brawn "That was the biggest part of the Merit for renault it was Fernando."

Brawn has now taken his step to take Honda to the top. "There are no budget constraints, only the will, to do what is necessary. In Formula 1 this is not usual. Alonso will be the key part in our success, it is for us to provide him with a car to take him to winners row.

The first contact with Alonso was made via Bernie Ecclestone (77). The Englishman did this because of the failure of the Japanese with any success in the 2007 season. Honda finished with six points, only the eighth place in the Constructors - He had worries, the group could move away from Formula 1 . With Brawn and Alonso Honda has a new perspective, the fate of the team for years would be secured.

Before Alonso finally comes, Brawn still has a problem. The Englishman Jenson Button and Brazilian Rubens Barrichello, Honda for 2008 already two pilots under contract. . Schumis-Ex-Ferrari-Teammate Barrichello will be with a severance worth millions to the Honda-daughter team Super Aguri , where he will be most likely transferred to with Japanese team mate Takuma Sato. . According to SPORT-BILD- discussions between Brawn and Super-Aguri-Team chief Aguri Suzuki already has happened , this is suppose to be a done deal.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:41 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Sorry my Friend , i know, I know you promised the FInn and Stinky Pete ......
Attached Images  
Old 11-29-2007, 06:42 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

I don't want to speculate like others on this board, but if Rubens is as fast as Michael Schumacher, why in the world would he be the one to be dispatched to Super Aguri? Doesn't make sense, right? Button should be out the door. Ross has got his hands full with this team. Luckily Honda has deep pockets.

I don't believe any of these rumors until the ink has dried.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:52 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Yes Ruben was good in his day , but his sell by date has past , but Hey ruben is still employed. Button the has been that never was , is really a waste of a pay check, Bernie will decide, he decides all things

It is also time for MICHAEL to move on .....and Pleaseeeeee MS, take Ralf with you ......
Attached Images  

Last edited by A.Wayne; 11-29-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:47 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ralf, Fisi, and Alonso can start their own team.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:30 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3Pete
Ralf, Fisi, and Alonso can start their own team.

Ralf and FIsi can be the test drivers , the other 2 unemployed WDC the main drivers, Alonso and Shumacher can both have contracts making them no 1 , with Nigel Stepney and mike mcloughan they could build a Ferrari replica powered by REnault engines , Fantastics , call it Prima Donna F1 , or Michael's favorite Smoke and Mirrors F1 .....
Old 11-29-2007, 08:48 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread's hilarious...and you guys are my heroes...in perpetuity!
Old 11-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Honda with it's unlimited budget and now Ross Brawn at helm will be a serious contender. Not so much next season but 2009 & fwd it will be and I have no doubt Ross will hire top people.

I Alonso has made/will make a deal with Honda, surelu it will be multi-year contract (with a option to leave if not competitive).

Wayne,

I'll share the bottle every time, as long as it is delivered in a timely manner, not after the party is already over... You were like Alonso, too slow!
Old 11-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Wayne let me get this straight.

Alonso is still "the driver to have" in F1. So, if he's the "driver to have" I'd assume teams would be lining up to outbid each other for his services.

and...........wait for it......................it now appears he's going to Honda!!! (8th place last time I checked)

Honda's got a car that makes Toyota look good.

I'm glad Alonso had all that negotiating leverage behind him. It would be sad to see such a tremendous "baby"....opps I meant "talent" end up at a second tier team.....

Quick Reply: Where are all the Alonso detractors