Sponsored by:

Where are all the Alonso detractors

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 02:05 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,481 Likes on 2,075 Posts

I can't see Alonso and Raikkonen as teammates at Ferrari. Ferrari have a tradition of #1 and #2 drivers. FA and KR are both #1's with neither willing to be a #2 after winning WC.

Kimi says that he won't be in F1 for the long haul, but that is the same thing Alonso said a few years ago, saying that he has accomplished his goal of being a WC and the youngest one at that. Of course things change and money talks. Kimi will see that being a Ferrari driver is a reward in and of itself and will continue on as long as he is healthy and quick.

If Alonso ever goes to Ferrari, I will run a hot bath and take my razor blades with me
Old 11-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A. Wayne,

Not that ITV guys ever seems to know very much or are on top of things in F1, I wonder if they're aware that Kimi has a contract with Ferrari until the end of 2009?

Reading their "expert analysis" makes me think they're not.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexander Stemer
This has been bothering me. There are some who consistently use "drover" as opposed to "driver".
One is not a real drover until they master the tricycle
Old 11-07-2007, 03:20 PM
jester911
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexander Stemer
This has been bothering me. There are some who consistently use "drover" as opposed to "driver".
Is this just a consistent typo, due to the proximity of the i and o, or is it intentional? If so, why?
One more question. Does A. Wayne have a job? I really appreciate the work he puts into this forum, but can't see where he gets the time. Is he rich and retired? A homebound quadraplegic? A 12 step "F1 Junkie" program failure? Alonso's mother? Alonso's secret lover?
Wayne, keep up the good work. I personally am glad you are here. AS

Alex, I am not sure if anyone has yet answered your questions but here goes.
The "drover" term you refer to came from a former rennlister that went by the name Ghettoracer. If you really want to find out all you need to know about him do a search for the thread Open Letter.
Nuf said about that.
As for A.Wayne, well he is just A.Wayne. I always kind of figured he was kin to Bruce Wayne from Gotham City and was hiding out in his F1 version of the bat cave.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:29 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
A. Wayne,

Not that ITV guys ever seems to know very much or are on top of things in F1, I wonder if they're aware that Kimi has a contract with Ferrari until the end of 2009?

Reading their "expert analysis" makes me think they're not.
Finn ,
I think he was alluding to Kimi leaving Ferrari and F1 after 09....
Old 11-07-2007, 04:02 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jester911
Alex, I am not sure if anyone has yet answered your questions but here goes.
The "drover" term you refer to came from a former rennlister that went by the name Ghettoracer. If you really want to find out all you need to know about him do a search for the thread Open Letter.
Nuf said about that.
As for A.Wayne, well he is just A.Wayne. I always kind of figured he was kin to Bruce Wayne from Gotham City and was hiding out in his F1 version of the bat cave.
Thanks,
I do remember Ghettoracer", but didn't connect the dots. I think A. Wayne is actually just a human brain submerged in a preservative bath, but connected electronically to the internet with special Youtube access. Since he can neither eat nor sleep, he continuosuly monitors Formula 1, but when his memory gets full, he downloads on Rennlist. That's my story and I'm sticking with it until Wayne comes clean. AS
Old 11-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Moving Chicane
Intermediate

I don't know if I'd use A. Wayne and brain in the same sentence. But it makes for a nice rhyme.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:42 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Hey Now!

this thread is about Alonso , ENJOY
Old 11-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Finn ,
I think he was alluding to Kimi leaving Ferrari and F1 after 09....
When reading ITV quotes you posted it doesn't seem like it (see below). Well' it's not first time when those guys seem like that ESPN TV commercial guy who was talking from his ***...

...Therefore, in the event that Renault endures another uncompetitive season in 2008, Alonso can still defect to Ferrari or BMW Sauber in 2009...
www.ITV.com...Strong rumours out of Spain suggest that Alonso has a pre-contract agreement with Ferrari in his pocket for 2009, though the Scuderia's president Luca di Montezemolo appeared to scupper that last weekend by suggesting he already had the best drivers in the world in Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa.

And though no-one in the paddock, other than perhaps Massa and his manager Nicolas Todt, seriously believes Massa is a better driver than Alonso, confirmation of a new three-year contract means the Brazilian's position is publicly secure, at least for now.

Perhaps more interesting is Raikkonen's admission at Ferrari's end-of-season Mugello bash last week that he does not plan to be in F1 for the long haul, and that he is not yet thinking about extending his contract.

If Alonso is therefore Ferrari bound, in which ever seat, he needs a competitive place to hole up for a year while he goes about his business, and perhaps seeks to rebuild his reputation as a driver who can command the trust and respect of his team...
Old 11-08-2007, 01:38 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe Alonso can drive this next year

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/f1-co...-mower/478000/
Old 11-08-2007, 09:04 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray S
Maybe Alonso can drive this next year

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/f1-co...-mower/478000/
That's cool except I don't think Kimi is giving up the red camera he earned so well.

Listen, Alonso seems to be getting a lot of flak here but I'll go out on a limb and say that don't count him out just yet. He may have to spend a year at RB and then go to Renault but that may actually work out well for both him and Renault. He can bring technology first to RB and then take RB's and Mac' tech to Renault all season long. By 09 Renault should have a competitive car.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:42 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Alonso defends decision to join McLaren

By Pablo Elizalde Thursday, November 8th 2007, 11:57 GMT

Fernando Alonso believes he made the right decision in switching to the McLaren team from Renault for the 2007 season, despite his problems at the British squad.

The two-time champion moved to the Woking-based squad after four seasons racing for Renault, who struggled for pace during 2007.

This year Alonso scored four victories and fought for the title until the final race, but announced last week that he was leaving McLaren after his relationship with the team deteriorated badly.

Despite that, Alonso reckons McLaren's performance throughout the year justifies his move.

"This year I had the opportunity to win the championship again, so from that point of view the switch (from Renault) was a good decision," Alonso told the official Formula One website.

"The team did a fantastic job to have a competitive car so I was able to fight until the last race and finished only one point behind the champion. So in that respect I think it has been a very positive season.

"Outside the car for sure we had some ups and downs, better moments and worse moments, but I think this happens in every job.

"I will remember this year for my four victories I had in important places, where I had not won before, like Monza, and Monaco again for a second time."

The Spaniard believes he can look back at the season with pride, but has vowed to learn from this year's lessons.

"Hopefully for next year I've learnt some lessons and I'll try again," Alonso added. "For every driver, when we lose a championship we start thinking about why we lost. But we lost, so there is nothing more we can do. It's history.

"The future is the place where you can change things - and the future already has begun. Looking back over my shoulder I feel quite comfortable."
Attached Images  
Old 11-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,680 Likes on 868 Posts

Did Alonso help Renault spy on McLaren?

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/...lt-for-spying/
Old 11-08-2007, 09:57 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

No i think it was M3pete , You VR and Pole ...................
Old 11-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,680 Likes on 868 Posts

Um, OK.

Sorry, but I don't believe in these sorts of "coincidences" with a known, proven cheater/blackmailer/spy.

Quick Reply: Where are all the Alonso detractors