Where are all the Alonso detractors

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 11:47 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ray,
talk to Bernie ...........he arranged it , like everything else in F1....

Finn,
Next time don't wait until, the last race, last min to win the goddamn championship , these hail Mary FInnish championships got to stop
Old 11-30-2007, 12:25 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
these hail Mary FInnish championships got to stop
These hailmary finishes are a lot better than the days when Ferrari won almost every race.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:41 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

they will again in 08 ............well most of the races anyway.....
Old 11-30-2007, 02:03 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

they will again in 08 ............well most of the races anyway.....
Movin' over to the Kimi/ Ferrari camp ehh Wayne?
Old 11-30-2007, 04:22 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
Movin' over to the Kimi/ Ferrari camp ehh Wayne?

New to the game ,huh, i will reiterate, i had picked Massa and Ferrari to win, for the 1 hundreth time Shhhhh.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:14 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best driver in F1, the most wanted driver in F1, the best teambuilder in F1, the best development driver in F1 finally gets a chance to shine in the creme de la creme Honda team, a outfit with a 300-400 mil budget showing dick for the majority of their full F1 involvement, not talking being a engine supplier.

Brawn and possible Newey ain't gonna show dick either unless there is a fundamental change of direction in Japan..................not very likely but maybe they can force a rule change to handicap other teams, it worked for Renault.

The good news are, as I predicted some time ago, that poor Alonso is going to dissapear from the radarscreen as far as F1 TV coverage goes, backmarkers are not news worthy and that is a blessing ,not have to listen to this whiner of all whiners.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:26 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

New to the game ,huh, i will reiterate, i had picked Massa and Ferrari to win, for the 1 hundreth time Shhhhh.
I just don't see Massa as a WDC for some reason, his mental focus/personality doesn't seem quite suited for the job.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:08 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pole position
The best driver in F1, the most wanted driver in F1, the best teambuilder in F1, the best development driver in F1 finally gets a chance to shine in the creme de la creme Honda team, a outfit with a 300-400 mil budget showing dick for the majority of their full F1 involvement, not talking being a engine supplier.

Brawn and possible Newey ain't gonna show dick either unless there is a fundamental change of direction in Japan..................not very likely but maybe they can force a rule change to handicap other teams, it worked for Renault.

The good news are, as I predicted some time ago, that poor Alonso is going to dissapear from the radarscreen as far as F1 TV coverage goes, backmarkers are not news worthy and that is a blessing ,not have to listen to this whiner of all whiners.
I don't agree. Let's say whomever you consider to be the best drover goes on market, I don't think you would see Ferrari or BMW making a move. Both those teams are set and working like a clock. You don't mess with something that works. What's left? Renault that faltered miserably last year with possibly a lack of funding and possibly a massive fine in the wings? With the top 3 teams out and Renault probably out as well, what's left? I think a better statement would be that Alonso is sought after by teams that need a change. He is still a feared competitor and I hope Honda mounts a challenge by '09. We need some more competitive teams.

'08 is all Ferrari. But unlike Mac, there will be parity until either Massa or Kimi gains a lead.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:32 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Well at least you got the car right but in my mind for some reason I thought you were Fernando's boyfriend and claimed he would win? hummm.....
Old 11-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hmmm, I guess I don't see the sure thing Ferrari lock on the Championship that some of you see in '08.

BMW has been improving at every race. Ferrari and Mac have both showed dominance in '07 depending on the track. Finally, every team has a solid 6 months to develop the '08 cars (and a lot can happen in that time).

I believe Ferrari will be at or near the top, but only time will tell if they can dominate.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:19 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

The whole 'standardized' ECU (from Microsoft and McLaren...two names you can trust) could throw a wrench into the works teams next season.....

From what I understand, each team is assigned an engineer from MES to help 'customize the standard ECU' to their car. Lots of proprietary and sensitive information will be disclosed as part of that integration.

I'm going to guess that McLaren will have an advantage coming out of the gate....it's going to take a little time for the rest of the teams to add 'Ctrl - Alt -Del' keys to the steering wheels.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
The whole 'standardized' ECU (from Microsoft and McLaren...two names you can trust) could throw a wrench into the works teams next season.....

From what I understand, each team is assigned an engineer from MES to help 'customize the standard ECU' to their car. Lots of proprietary and sensitive information will be disclosed as part of that integration.

I'm going to guess that McLaren will have an advantage coming out of the gate....it's going to take a little time for the rest of the teams to add 'Ctrl - Alt -Del' keys to the steering wheels.
+1
Old 11-30-2007, 03:10 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc

Though I agree with you there's still one minor thing that makes me think that McLaren will have a tough time...no traction control!
Old 11-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmm... I've been and still am really sceptical about this whole Alonso going to Honda thing...

Now, Honda now has officially denied that Alonso has even been at the factory.
Which in F1 language pretty much confirmes the deal.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:20 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Hmm... I've been and still am really sceptical about this whole Alonso going to Honda thing...

Now, Honda now has officially denied that Alonso has even been at the factory.
Which in F1 language pretty much confirmes the deal.
No, it just means that our friend A. Wayne went to the Honda factory for the Alonso seat fitting .....

Quick Reply: Where are all the Alonso detractors