Sponsored by:

Where are all the Alonso detractors

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 03:33 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here yuh go, tody Alonso is with Red Bull ..............................................
Fernando needs a 1 yr deal , Honda wants a 3 yr min , he needs 1 yr after which he heads to Ferrari in 09 to displace Kimi Raikonen........

Marca.com
Fernando Alonso and their legal representatives continued their gradual step by step approach to the Red Bull team. . Over the past few days, the euphoria has been unleashed in the Austrian squad, which has a factory in England, at the possibility of recruiting the 2 time WDC for next year. it is not a mere illusion, as part of the team of advisers Fernando, composed primarily of lawyers, has already moved to Austria to continue talks with the team of tycoon Dietrich Mateschiz.

un coche ganador". As announced MARK on 29 November, the talks between Alonso and Red Bull remain firm beyond the alleged disagreements announced to the four winds by the Mateschiz, who said: "I know that Alonso is talking with other teams, but we we want a two-year project. would be even more interesting in 2009, when we could have a winning car. "

Last edited by A.Wayne; 11-30-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:55 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,370 Likes on 1,996 Posts

This is it Big Boy!!! Should Alonso be hired by Honda, he can do what Michael Schumacher has already done to be a legend.

1. He can go to a team that is struggling (Ferrari before MS)

2. He will be with a team with a big budget, just like Ferrari.

3. He will be with a team with past F1 success and tradition (in terms of engine building with Honda)

4. He can work with Brawn. (Also note that Brawn hasn't won a WC without MS, so his motivation will be to win one without MS)

5. He will be the undisputed #1 driver with Button as his wingman

If he can do all this, and bring 5 WC to Honda, then and only then came he be called great.

This is his chance Wayne, can Alonso live up to the hype? Can he rally a team around him to work hard for a common goal, or will he be such a fractured piece that only thinks about his immediate needs that he cannot see into the future of what his legacy might be or become!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
...he needs 1 yr after which he heads to Ferrari in 09 to displace Kimi Raikonen...
Old 11-30-2007, 10:12 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Yeah, i knew that would wake you
Old 11-30-2007, 10:19 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3Pete
This is it Big Boy!!! Should Alonso be hired by Honda, he can do what Michael Schumacher has already done to be a legend.

1. He can go to a team that is struggling (Ferrari before MS)

2. He will be with a team with a big budget, just like Ferrari.

3. He will be with a team with past F1 success and tradition (in terms of engine building with Honda)

4. He can work with Brawn. (Also note that Brawn hasn't won a WC without MS, so his motivation will be to win one without MS)

5. He will be the undisputed #1 driver with Button as his wingman

If he can do all this, and bring 5 WC to Honda, then and only then came he be called great.

This is his chance Wayne, can Alonso live up to the hype? Can he rally a team around him to work hard for a common goal, or will he be such a fractured piece that only thinks about his immediate needs that he cannot see into the future of what his legacy might be or become!!!
you are comparing Honda to Ferrari !

Ha, Ha,Ha,Haaaaaaaaaaaaa, argh, cough ,Sput, cough ,ahmm, cough,almost got me there buddy , ahemmmmok back to normal ..

Better yet, he goes to Ferrari and win 5 more , then retire ( unlike schumi who got fired ) it would be worth it to hear you and the other swingers , discuss how his 7 was not as good as schumachers 7 , Hey i can see the title now , 7 the hard way . WOW

Give it up Petey , FInn pass the dutchie
Old 11-30-2007, 10:21 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wayne, Pete does raise some good points. Is Alonso able to and does he have the desire to take a team that has potential (like MS did) and be a key in elevating it to greatness, or does he just want to jump into a sure thing with the hopes of bagging another WC?

Honda does have engineering, and now that it has a known leader in RB, it only needs a visionary driver. If you take 2007 as a hiccup, they should be right back on the podium in 2008, even with Button & Barrichello. What they lack is a driver who knows what he wants in a car, and what will make it faster.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:25 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Wayne, Pete does raise some good points. Is Alonso able to and does he have the desire to take a team that has potential (like MS did) and be a key in elevating it to greatness, or does he just want to jump into a sure thing with the hopes of bagging another WC?

Honda does have engineering, and now that it has a known leader in RB, it only needs a visionary driver. If you take 2007 as a hiccup, they should be right back on the podium in 2008, even with Button & Barrichello.
Larry , i hope you are not comparing Honda to Ferrari , well that aside, Alonso already did that so called building with Renault, you remember them , they where the guys who did not win squit before Alonso and of course nothing since, he paid his dues already with Renault, Alonso going to Ferrari and closing down another 5 like the red Baron is fair game in my books, Why should he do another sentence , he has paid his dues and have 2 WDC to prove it , Honda is for the Hamiltons , the guys with something to learn and prove , as a matter of fact , why don't Kimi go to Honda and prove he can win a WDC with them , why Alonso, heck send Hammy , Hammy and button would be great !

Also Larry ,your well respected around here , you gotta be careful, please PM me the next time you think pete has a good point , by you saying that publicly John q public might start taking his rediculous statements seriously , next thing you know you will have to give him HWFMR membership and then he gonna want this and then that , well yuh know....
Old 11-30-2007, 10:35 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Is Alonso able to and does he have the desire to take a team that has potential (like MS did) and be a key in elevating it to greatness
or
does he just want to jump into a sure thing with the hopes of bagging another WC?
I'm going to go with door #2
Old 11-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
...please PM me the next time you think pete has a good point , by you saying that publicly John q public might start taking his rediculous statements seriously , next thing you know you will have to give him HWFMR membership and then he gonna want this and then that , well yuh know....
We know what to do with people who get too demanding... Just ask the Dentist!

Back to Alonso, yes he was essential in the resurgence of Renault, but MS did it twice, once with Benetton, and then with Ferrari. If you recall, most thought that he was nuts for leaving Benetton at their zenith, and going to a struggling Ferrari. It did take him a few years, but it obviously did payoff.

Also, I was not comparing Honda directly to Ferrari, but realistically, with the right people in place, there is no logical reason that they could not make a bonafied run to the top.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

Originally Posted by ltc
I'm going to go with door #2

That's right A.Wayne, Larry has opened the door to the Philistines.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:56 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,370 Likes on 1,996 Posts

Wayne, Pete does raise some good points.
Read it and weep, sucker.

Go ahead and PM him Larry everytime I make my posts, because he knows I know what I'm talking about. If we go through this entire thread, there have been more people that have agreed with me than psych job Wayne.

I sometimes think he posts inciteful (note not insightful) lines just to keep this near 15,000 viewed thread going.

The off season is a long one my friend and the fact that Alonso hasn't signed with anyone yet is killing our dear OLD friend Wayne.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:10 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Larry , see what you have started , next week he will be begging for membership to HWFMR , i know this guy he can be like bugga .

Ok Petey my ricochet to you , Schumacher! who was fired before he was ready for retirement, he wants to race , he has said so publicly , I think he should go to Honda with RB , if he wins 1 with Honda it would make him the GREATEST OF ALL TIME , heck better than Ali , it would put him up there with Ahemmmm do i dare say it , MOSES ! what ! what ! what where you thinking Senna, Heck no , He would have to win 5 more with Honda for that.......
Old 11-30-2007, 11:45 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Hmmn, Honda with Ross, Rubens and Michael......sounds familiar, where have I seen that before?
Ross would likely rather work with MS than FA, Rubens would love to at least come in 2nd more often than not, MS could help rebuild Honda.

Not a bad idea, thanks A. Wayne.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:47 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

My son's karting coach has an expression for some of the Jr drivers he simply won't work with: "Brat Attacks".
Kind of reminds me of Alonso last season.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:35 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

We gave Alonso everything as promised , you have my word .
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Where are all the Alonso detractors