Where are all the Alonso detractors

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 09:46 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are all the Alonso detractors

I have been taken to task on here by a few about Alonso not being the real deal , now this kid has turned the Big Mac around , HOW YUH LIKE ME NOW

Did you see the look on Ron D's face the drought has been long and hard, the finn could not consume the amount of liquor they will be downing tonight.

4 great Kids at the front , i knew i would enjoy Scumachers retirement ,

The king is dead long live the king

Last edited by A.Wayne; 04-09-2007 at 01:04 AM.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:17 AM
450knotOffice
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, I am a huge fan of Schumacher and miss his presence but he's retired now. As for McLaren, they did great today. Very dominant performance. Massa did not impress me at all today and neither did Kimmi. Alonso, on the other hand, drove a great race. Kudo's to him.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Jscaramella
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Big Mac has been a front runner before. Kimi could have put them on the podium a few times despite MS's defense. Let's be sure the cars hold up for the long run, that will be a better test of that team. Renault is seeming falling apart which does say much for FA's ability and input to that team. Then again we are only reading and watching from a distance. Perhaps Flavio is spending too much time at his billionares club
Old 04-09-2007, 08:46 AM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

^^^^^^
It's interesting to see which direction the WC driver is going and where the WC constructor is heading.

It makes the comments by the head of Renault last year about his indicision to continue in F1 and their failure to keep AF all the more glaring....

Last edited by smlporsche; 04-09-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:56 AM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

I agree, it's nice to see new faces at the front, and nice guys too - I no longer feel like I'm hoping ol' so-and-so doesn't win!!

I don't think Renault's quite dumped it in the can, but definetly 2 if not 3 steps backwards, and just doesn't seem like Heiki or Giancarlo has the talent to pull them back to where Alonso (et al) had them... No doubt this will be a learning year for them!
Old 04-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to fully agree with A.Wayne. Alonso had to have the skills to win 2 WCs, especially against MS. The fact that McClaren has shown this resurgence has to be in part due to his presence. He seems to be the leader that they have been looking for.

As far as Kimi goes, I think that he showed us a lot yesterday. He had a car that was ailing, and rather than beat the ***** off of it trying to win, he drove the race that he should have, gaining the maximum expected points, and almost getting second. I think that this shows a maturity not seem before in him, and it could be due to a guiding presence at Ferrari. I think that both McClaren and Ferrari did well with their new drivers, and so this is starting out as an excellent season.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:33 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jscaramella
Big Mac has been a front runner before. Kimi could have put them on the podium a few times despite MS's defense. Let's be sure the cars hold up for the long run, that will be a better test of that team. Renault is seeming falling apart which does say much for FA's ability and input to that team. Then again we are only reading and watching from a distance. Perhaps Flavio is spending too much time at his billionares club
Or could it be that he has no more Alonso , his driver pairing is the worst on the grid , it is a failure of the ninth degree by management .
Old 04-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Old 04-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
I have to fully agree with A.Wayne. Alonso had to have the skills to win 2 WCs, especially against MS. The fact that McClaren has shown this resurgence has to be in part due to his presence. He seems to be the leader that they have been looking for.

As far as Kimi goes, I think that he showed us a lot yesterday. He had a car that was ailing, and rather than beat the ***** off of it trying to win, he drove the race that he should have, gaining the maximum expected points, and almost getting second. I think that this shows a maturity not seem before in him, and it could be due to a guiding presence at Ferrari. I think that both McClaren and Ferrari did well with their new drivers, and so this is starting out as an excellent season.
+1

Wait for Bahrain which is not so much of a McLaren track as Malaysia is and where Kimi has again a "full car" and doesn't have to conserve. He did exactly what people say he can't, conserved the car and took the points that were possible to take.
Massa was a disappointment (and just when it looked like it could be a great race!), I'm sure he will do better in Bahrain.

I agree, it seems this will be a good season. Hopefully Sauber & Williams can get just a little bit more speed and it will be even better. Already I'm very impressed with them (both, the drivers & teams) and very happy to see Williams getting better.

I think Renault will get better too, they have some issues with their car (guys, Kovalainen's times last year were pretty much the same as Alonso's so I don't think it's all Alonso because they are not up to the pace with McLaren & Ferrari).
Old 04-09-2007, 11:17 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Finn, Renault has the worst driver pairing , both drovers need to go ...

Please make sure my Vodka is being chilled
Old 04-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Finn, Renault has the worst driver pairing , both drovers need to go ...

Please make sure my Vodka is being chilled
I think their biggest problem is Bridgestone. Car isn't working (yet!) with them.

Fisichella & Kovalainen is worst driver pairing in F1? Schumacher & Trulli (Trulli pretty good, Ralf, no), Sato & Davidson (well...), SPEED & Liuzzi! (SPEED!), Sutil & Albers (yea right)... I don't think so.

I somewhat agree with you though, Flavio should've had Kovalainen driving with Alonso last year, that way he could've learned from Alonso in his rookie year. now with Fisichella which I don't is very good, he has no one to learn from, it is his rookie yer afterall. In Australia he drove poorly but in Malaysia he did well with the car they at the moment have. Like I said, Renault's biggest problem is making the car work with new tyres.

Vodka chilled..? You broke your freezer? You want me to come and make sure your Vodka is kept chilled until you give it to me?!

Oh now, part of the bet was that the loser keeps it chilled for the winner, don't back out now...
Old 04-09-2007, 11:31 AM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

Hey I've been on the Alonso bandwagon for awhile now

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...=264123&page=2
Old 04-09-2007, 11:44 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 95 Posts

Great race by Alonso, and kudos to Hamilton as well, who showed that the whole team is going well.

I also feel that Kimi did a pretty mature job with his lot this past weekend.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:33 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hamilton gave a class on driving to Massa at the beginning of the race. Hamilton pretty much told Massa, "You're the Rookie" with his driving.

Good show from Alonso.

Coulthard is too old to drive, complaining about his arthritis to the team, and retiring the car.

Kimi and Heikki are my favorites by far. Massa should be running with Renault, and let Heikki drive for Ferrari.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:30 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Hamilton gave a class on driving to Massa at the beginning of the race. Hamilton pretty much told Massa, "You're the Rookie" with his driving.

Good show from Alonso.

Coulthard is too old to drive, complaining about his arthritis to the team, and retiring the car.

Kimi and Heikki are my favorites by far. Massa should be running with Renault, and let Heikki drive for Ferrari.
\\\

Ohhh Nooooooo, The Finn has a cousin on rennlist

Quick Reply: Where are all the Alonso detractors