Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2023, 08:13 AM
JuliaStake
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beeping sound

I’m borrowing my boyfriends panamera for a few days, and every time the electric engine comes switches on (or off?) there’s a small beep. This drives me crazy, can I turn it off? Why is it even there? please, help me before I turn crazy 😬
Old 02-08-2023, 03:20 PM
Tosa5
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Hmm . . I have a 2022 Panamera 4S e-hybrid and in e-hybrid mode, there is no sound at all when it switches from the gas engine to the electric motor and vice versa. I think you should take it to a dealer and have them go on a short test drive to hear that sound so they can fix it.
Old 02-09-2023, 02:03 PM
rrosen3
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beeping

The only time my 2022 beeps is when it runs out of electricity and switches from e-power to hybrid.
Old 02-10-2023, 05:00 AM
BertilDator
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MKC91
I agree. The windshield washer nozzles are very poorly designed. @ Wilson Laidlaw, going back to your charging port hack, would you consider something like this?
I don't think that one will work as Panamera is aluminum. The magnet won't stick.
The following users liked this post:
MKC91 (02-13-2023)
Old 02-11-2023, 06:16 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by BertilDator
I don't think that one will work as Panamera is aluminum. The magnet won't stick.
I returned the one I ordered to Amazon for this reason and went back to using aircraft quality aluminium adhesive tape (3M 47011548). As this 3M product is also used by Boeing for mending the failing surface coatings on their 787 Dreamliner wings, it is probably good enough to reduce water ingress to the charge port latch. It does not eliminate the problem as there is still water vapour getting in, which can freeze but frequent applications of WD40 minimises that.

I am currently having all sorts of electronic gremlins with my Panamera. The anti theft GPS locater aerial has failed, so every time I move the car, because there is a disagreement between the main GPS and the GPS for the locator beacon, it triggers an alert. I can only cancel this with the theft system operator Vodacom Automotive a week at a time, so I keep getting theft alerts and phone calls. I have already recently paid my dealer £700 for a failed repair on this system, so it has to go back to them and they need it for a few days. As I am currently undergoing frequent major medical treatment, I cannot be without the car for a few days, so it is going to have to wait until the treatment frequency drops towards the end of this month. The SOS call out system has also failed and the recently fitted 12V AGM service battery is self discharging. I have twice recently had to plug in a charger for a minute or so (always when in a tearing hurry to catch a train or get to an appointment), to get the Panamera to initialise. Not a happy bunny Porsche customer at the moment.

Wilson
Old 03-14-2023, 02:22 PM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

I had my Panamera in at the dealers over the last few days, to have another go at getting the VTS (Vehicle Tracking System) to work properly, so that every time I get in the car, I do not get a phone call from Vodafone, telling me that the VTS on my vehicle has been sabotaged (it hasn't) and the vehicle is being stolen (it isn't). This will be the dealer's third attempt to sort this. As I suggested right at the beginning and as Vodafone also said, the VTS aerial was at fault and needed to be replaced. My dealer has agreed a discounted price for this repair, given past payments for ineffective repairs to the VTS over recent months. Crossed fingers that this sorts the problem finally.

When it was in there, I asked them to look at the charging system as once or twice a month, the charging timer (set for a 6AM departure to ensure it charges from cheaper night time rate electricity) does not activate and I come out to the vehicle in the morning, only to find the battery at the same level of charge as the previous night. Apparently it really needs a new high voltage charge port, which will cost over £1,000 by the time it has been fitted. For that price I can live with the occasional non-charge. However I will have a go at cleaning the sockets and the prongs on the plug with Scotchbrite, as my suspicion is that if the system does not see perfect connections, it will not charge. The prongs on the charge cable which lives outside all the time are noticeably tarnished. Otherwise if that does not work, I might see if I can source a used part from an accident or flood damaged car and get the other local Porsche repairer (not an official Porsche Centre), who occasionally does work on my 1977 911RSR, to fit the replacement port.

Wilson
MKC91 (03-15-2023)
Old 03-14-2023, 02:32 PM
bladerunner78
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all, first Porsche owner and first post here.

I recently took delivery of a new 2023 Platinum 4 E-Hybrid in Canada. The engine light has come up at least 3 times and dealer been pretty quick to clear the code but unable to find the root cause and stop it from happening again. Has anyone also experienced this? It seems to be related to when I was on E-Power or Hybrid-Auto mode and suddenly stepped on the gas pedal merging into highway or gain some speed.

I had seen a lot of discussion about LED Matrix high beam and was told that I have this. For those that have the LED Matrix lights, when driving in rural area at night and high beam is on, do you see the little "A" letter in the dashboard where the high beam indicator icon is? I don't see the "A" letter but I was told that my high beam will auto shadow incoming car or car in front of me, instead of the old fashion auto dimming the high beam. Can some owners kindly confirm if you have LED Matrix high beam, but the high beam is constantly on but there is no "A" letter indicated?

In the short 2 months of having the car, everything else has been a great experience.
MKC91 (03-15-2023)
Old 03-14-2023, 07:55 PM
Panuny
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by bladerunner78

I recently took delivery of a new 2023 Platinum 4 E-Hybrid in Canada. The engine light has come up at least 3 times and dealer been pretty quick to clear the code but unable to find the root cause and stop it from happening again. Has anyone also experienced this? It seems to be related to when I was on E-Power or Hybrid-Auto mode and suddenly stepped on the gas pedal merging into highway or gain some speed.

I had seen a lot of discussion about LED Matrix high beam and was told that I have this. For those that have the LED Matrix lights, when driving in rural area at night and high beam is on, do you see the little "A" letter in the dashboard where the high beam indicator icon is? I don't see the "A" letter but I was told that my high beam will auto shadow incoming car or car in front of me, instead of the old fashion auto dimming the high beam. Can some owners kindly confirm if you have LED Matrix high beam, but the high beam is constantly on but there is no "A" letter indicated?

In the short 2 months of having the car, everything else has been a great experience.
The dynamic headlight function is not activated in USA vehicles, which what I believe is what you are describing. The US is just allowing this but not using the same test parameters as Canada and the EU.
bladerunner78 (03-14-2023)
Old 03-15-2023, 08:35 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

I think I have sorted my charging port problem. Apparently the problem was caused by the plug not latching fully into the socket. Unless all 4 latches fully engage, there is a safety interlock that prevents charging. It was a really involved and complicated repair. I had a look into the socket and I could see it was quite dusty in there. Given that half the year at my UK house is up at the end of a 1/2 mile rutted farm road and the other half in a mountain village in Provence, where it is very dry and dusty, this comes as no surprise. I have to flush out the park button on the gear selector every year to keep it working well. I flushed out the socket with a brake cleaner aerosol and now the plug latches in ever time. Once the brake cleaner has all evaporated, I will spray in some dry lubricant that my wife keeps for the chains on her bicycles. £1,175 saved!

Wilson
MKC91 (03-15-2023)
Old 03-17-2023, 12:47 PM
orca15
Pro

Received 246 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by bladerunner78

On my 2022 P4EH, I got a CEL early on and the dealer found that one of the modules had the wrong software version in it. They rewrote the software and the CEL never returned. HTH.
Old 04-07-2023, 05:43 PM
Tosa5
Advanced

Hi All,

I am 15 months and about 8500 miles (45% in e-power mode) into ownership of my 2022 Panamera 4S e-Hybrid ST, and I'm still loving it. There have been discussions here about how many miles the electric battery provides, and I have a new data point. Porsche's Press Release says "The battery pack under the boot floor now has 17.9 kWh instead of the previous 14.1 kWh. This is enough for up to 64 kilometres of purely electric driving." The 64 kilometres (or 40 miles) must be at 30 mph with no wind and no change of speed. I usually get about 25 miles on a full charge, driving around town, but yesterday, I drove to a location that is 15 miles from my house, and about 70% of that was freeway. I drove conservatively, being careful not to accelerate very fast, and after seeing the battery consumption shrinking fast at 65 mph, I reduced speed to 60 mph and that made a difference. At the end of my round trip my dashboard (below) showed that I drove 30.5 miles in E-POWER and had 2 miles of charge left. That's pretty good. Has anyone achieved close to 40 miles? If so, how did you do it?

Of course, it's much more fun to drive in Sport or Sport+ mode, but I save that for when I have access to a twisty road. I enjoy using the paddles to make it feel like a manual transmission, so that I can get up to higher revs. The PDK shifts at low RPM unless you floor it, and I live in the congested SF Bay Area and I don't have any roads nearby that have the 50+mph speed limit that is required for me to be able to floor this powerful car. I need to get out into the rural areas with some higher speed limit roads that are less congested. Looking forward to driving Angel's Crest Hwy and Mulholland Road on my next trip to LA.

Old 04-07-2023, 08:16 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

I have had my 2023 Panamera Executive Ehybrid for about two weeks now-- and I like the car overall-- particularly the rear steering makes a big car feel small when parking.

Here is my question-- I opted for the screens on the back of the two seats for the passengers -- and overall they work okay but I cannot get all the software they show on the Porsche advertisement videos. I can only get essentially Netflix which is a preinstalled application. In the Porsche videos they should the car's map system in color and music apps and other functions. I assume this is probably an Android tablet essentially and perhaps it is possible to install apps like HBO or Apple music or Amazon Prime and somehow the car's map program and I believe I saw the screen display the dashboard display with speed and RPM etc.

NOthing in the manuals about operating the screens at all.
Old 04-08-2023, 12:17 AM
jbkanas
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Good Evening,

I have a 2022 Panamera 4 eHybrid Sport Tourismo, and regularly see around 40mi electric range after an overnight charge in moderate (50-70F) temperatures. At warmer temperatures I see around 35mi electric range. During the winter, the range from an overnight charge is 25-27mi. I find that the electric range is extremely sensitive to temperature. On a couple of occasions, I have had it outdoors (not charging) overnight subject to sub-zero temperatures; Under those conditions, "e-power is not available" and the IC engine starts immediately on first start. Once the IC has reached a nominal operating temperature, then e-power is again available.

Hope this helps...
Old 04-09-2023, 04:17 AM
Black_on_black
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts

On a positive note, just to provide an alternate narrative as these threads usually fill up with problems, there are a lot of beautiful cars out there working well in general.

came out last night and the light was just right playing the Sport Turismo lines perfectly.

Old 04-09-2023, 12:08 PM
Tosa5
Advanced

Very nice picture. I’ve always loved the look of the rear of the ST but the front looks great also. I have the same wheels on mine.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread