Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2023, 03:51 PM
1977GTS
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by porty981
I had similar with pulling and shaking all the cables when it was connected in the car (but not back in the hole) and I couldn’t get it to cut out. So I’ve now removed it and put it back to stock for the moment. Taking out those antenna cables are such a pain in the **** that I’m not in any rush to try it again (The purple one in particular is a hateful thing). Hopefully the slow shipping back to China will give them enough time to come up with a new hardware revision or a new run of boards without this issue as I can’t face installing it again to have the same issue.
@kimi thinks it’s a firmware issue, but before I mess around, asked has the updated solved the issue for others with the same problem. Watch this space!
Old 06-26-2023, 04:09 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,707 Likes on 2,739 Posts

Originally Posted by 1977GTS
@kimi thinks it’s a firmware issue, but before I mess around, asked has the updated solved the issue for others with the same problem. Watch this space!
So I am just lucky so far and I need to apply this upcoming firmware upgrade?
Old 06-26-2023, 04:18 PM
porty981
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well that would be unfortunate now that I've removed it 😂
The following users liked this post:
1977GTS (06-26-2023)
Old 06-27-2023, 06:50 AM
ekranoplan
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had to return unit as static noise was unbearable whilst PCM functioned normally. (see previous threads) - Took about 4 months plus shipping time to resolve with Isudar but they finally sent a refund. Pity because it looked very promising graphically at least.
Old 06-27-2023, 09:00 AM
Marcus13190
Pro

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Mr12Volt is the same graphically as Isudar.
Old 06-27-2023, 10:39 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ekranoplan
Had to return unit as static noise was unbearable whilst PCM functioned normally. (see previous threads) - Took about 4 months plus shipping time to resolve with Isudar but they finally sent a refund. Pity because it looked very promising graphically at least.
No matter what product does the attachment to the PCM in the background AA or CP should look identical on the PCM once it is running, the only difference would be in that products settings menus.
Old 06-27-2023, 04:27 PM
porty981
Intermediate

When you got your replacement board did they reimburse you for shipping the board back (cost me £23 today!) and also how long did it take roughly?
Old 06-27-2023, 05:28 PM
1977GTS
Intermediate

When you got your replacement board did they reimburse you for shipping the board back (cost me £23 today!) and also how long did it take roughly?
I paid a $50 refundable deposit, which I will get back when they receive the second board.

However, I’m holding off sending anything back. Because unless they find a fix, I will simply ask for a full refund on the premise the product isn’t fit for person for the full amount. And failing that, take the matter up with my credit card legal team. May be I’m optimistic, but hoping the new mcu fix the problem. But before I mess around I want confidence that it has worked for isudar customers who’ve experienced the same problem.
Old 06-28-2023, 02:55 PM
1977GTS
Intermediate

Hi Alex, seems you have/ had the same issue as me, and hoping you, @Prince Li or other can advise how to fix it.

I've had two boards. The first board- (April 2023) kept randomly cutting turning off/ resetting when setting off slowly, or turning hard into bends. The PCM remained powered and returned to AUX screen, then the Isudar home screen returned 10-15 seconds later. So I thought it was down to a bad power connection to the Isudar board so spoke to @kimi and she supplied a new board.

Replaced everything with the new kit, and at first everything seemed ok. But then the same problem returned. PCM remains powered yet now I needed to do a hard reset holding the INFO button down - to reboot the systems for it to restart. After a five day/ 1500+mile road trip around Scotland this is what I've noticed:
  • It's not related to CarPlay - happens when I'm on the Isudar Home Screen
  • Generally the Isudar runs fine 90% of the time even on really really bumpy roads, hard breaking/ accelerating
  • Occasionally randomly resets when I reach 27mph very slowly, with smooth gear changes on smooth road.
  • Harsh cornering/ accerlation often induces a reset
Should add I can't induce the reset with the head unit out either, shaking it, playing with cable etcs. So I do wonder if its a conflict issue between the hardware - so turned off OEM Mic, AudioPilot, conscented sat nav. Still no difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The unit is great (when it works), but when I need a unit I can rely on a 100% of the time.

TIA
So it seems Kimi, was banned from here so she is not seeing anyone's messages. She has asked if anyone is experiencing the same problems @alex.qts or other to email her on this address: kimi@isudar.co.

It seems the problem is only affecting UK cars... which suggests a hardware/compatibility issue (or the Brits are simply cocking up the installs). I've a firmware update to try... fingers crossed.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-28-2023, 04:48 PM
porty981
Intermediate

So it seems Kimi, was banned from here so she is not seeing anyone's messages. She has asked if anyone is experiencing the same problems @alex.qts or other to email her on this address: kimi@isudar.co.

It seems the problem is only affecting UK cars... which suggests a hardware/compatibility issue (or the Brits are simply cocking up the installs). I've a firmware update to try... fingers crossed.

Hope this helps.
Maybe something to do with the DAB board or being right hand drive? Weird. I did mention this thread and you having the same issue to Kimi but she seemed to know nothing about a firmware update and that I’d need a new board 🤷‍♂️
Old 06-28-2023, 05:38 PM
1977GTS
Intermediate

Maybe something to do with the DAB board or being right hand drive? Weird. I did mention this thread and you having the same issue to Kimi but she seemed to know nothing about a firmware update and that I’d need a new board 🤷‍♂️
interestingly I’ve been reading about the 3.1 pcm unit, and seems they’ve had a lot of glitches rebooting or needing a hard restart pressing INFO in the past after DAB updates or using new iPods. And suspect this is the problem with the Isudar. Kimi said they’re trying to replicate it, but trouble is they have a standard Asian pcm (and think it’s different to the UK version).

Fixes to previous pcm/ info reboots - full factory reset. Giving this ago before trying the new patch.
Old 06-29-2023, 12:26 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

So this DAB, is it a UK version of XM or is it something else entirely? Is it a daughter board sitting above the main like the XM board?
Old 06-29-2023, 12:28 PM
1977GTS
Intermediate

Yeah pretty much identical
Old 06-29-2023, 12:30 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Yeah pretty much identical
Except that it is DAB, so perhaps the firmware is different in this area and is causing the problem.
Old 06-29-2023, 12:33 PM
1977GTS
Intermediate

Yeah, I suspect its something like that. Interesting as a friend has bought two Isudars - one for him. One for his dad. Both with 981s - yet one has DAB. The other doesn't. So we will see.

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1