Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2023, 05:45 PM
1977GTS
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

@porty981 Done the update (had to install the USB cable, hadn't bothered previously). Software update done. Just need a good drive to test it.
Old 07-17-2023, 06:18 PM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Received 217 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by 1977GTS
Interesting. Yeah identical to mine.

So to check, your PCM has:
Bose
Nav
Bluetooth and Sim tray
DAB

Seems some people who have all the above in the UK have issues. Mines also V4.76 and battery is perfect. I've finally done my update and testing the new Isudar firmware.
Yes, my PCM has Bose, Nav, BT & SIM tray and DAB, so identical to yours. Does your 'About Version' Isudar screen show the same info as mine? (Since your FW update).

Is yours working now, on the new FW?

I'm interested in your 'About Screen' info - if you get chance, could you post a pic of it? Thanks.

Last edited by ZedZed; 07-17-2023 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-17-2023, 07:21 PM
porty981
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

@porty981 Done the update (had to install the USB cable, hadn't bothered previously). Software update done. Just need a good drive to test it.
Excellent. I eagerly await your results.

I wonder if there are any other factors apart from the PCM that are similar for those of us with the issue? Model (981 Boxster S) or options (Chrono/PSE/PASM/PTV here)
Old 07-17-2023, 07:37 PM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by porty981
Excellent. I eagerly await your results.

I wonder if there are any other factors apart from the PCM that are similar for those of us with the issue? Model (981 Boxster S) or options (Chrono/PSE/PASM/PTV here)
I have PASM, PTV, but no Chrono. 2015 Panamera. So far, no issues.

I'll be installing in my wife's 981 Cayman soon and will report here how that works out.
Old 07-17-2023, 08:53 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,662 Likes on 2,713 Posts

@ZedZed I am not in the UK, and my Isudar version is the same as yours... I am not sure that this screen shows if any patches or fixes have been applied.

Old 07-18-2023, 04:59 AM
1977GTS
Intermediate

Yeah my car in a 981 GTS with all the extras - and its also seems the issue is more prevalent in Sport modes. Think those affected at 911 & 981 cars. It may be something to with Chrono @ZedZed I will share a picture of my software. Previously my old set up was identical to yours. I know the firmware I'm running has changed.
The following users liked this post:
ZedZed (07-18-2023)
Old 07-18-2023, 08:15 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Westcoast
@ZedZed I am not in the UK, and my Isudar version is the same as yours... I am not sure that this screen shows if any patches or fixes have been applied.
Hi @Westcoast - so they are definitely shipping the same software/firmware versions internationally then. My unit has not been updated - the screen shot is how it came out of the box, and mine is working flawlessly, so far. I was wondering if we might be able to narrow down the differences between our cars, thinking that might point to the place that Isudar should look for a fix. The obvious difference between UK cars and US cars is that ours are RHD. I can't see why this would affect the PCM, but who knows? Anyway, my Isudar unit is working in my RHD car, so it shows that it is possible.

The other thing brought up recently is the present or absence of the Chrono pack. I do not have Chrono - others do. Also, I do not have Sport Plus, where others do.

It might also be important to know that all our PCMs are on the same version FW. It's easy to update the PCM*, so maybe that is something people could try, Latest version is v4.76. Porsche says that this latest version fixes Bluetooth issues, among other things. Could that be a clue? Also, if anyone's car is running PCM v3.xx, then it CANNOT be upgraded to v4.xx as there are hardware differences, so I urge everyone to check their PCM version (Info>Options>System Version). Note that early 981s had version 3.xx with the highest level being v3.43. Later 981s had version 4.xx. You cannot add a backup camera unless you are using v4.xx. This may apply to other Porsche models too. My wife's 981 is 2014 and that has version 4.xx but I don't know the precise date when Porsche went from v3.xx to v4.xx. It seems to be important that everyone is sure they are using at least v4.xx (unless someone else has Isudar working on a v3.xx car?? But if they do, they will not be able to use a backup camera, so is this also a clue for anyone having backup camera issues?).

Please note that I am no kind of expert, and the above info has been gleaned from various internet sources, (including Rennlist) ,over time.

*You can get a disc or disc image, but best/safest route is to get an OPC or knowledgeable Indy to do it.
Old 07-18-2023, 09:19 AM
1977GTS
Intermediate

[QUOTE=ZedZed;18912973]Hi @Westcoast - so they are definitely shipping the same software/firmware versions internationally then. My unit has not been updated - the screen shot is how it came out of the box, and mine is working flawlessly, so far. I was wondering if we might be able to narrow down the differences between our cars, thinking that might point to the place that Isudar should look for a fix. The obvious difference between UK cars and US cars is that ours are RHD. I can't see why this would affect the PCM, but who knows? Anyway, my Isudar unit is working in my RHD car, so it shows that it is possible.

The other thing brought up recently is the present or absence of the Chrono pack. I do not have Chrono - others do. Also, I do not have Sport Plus, where others do.

It might also be important to know that all our PCMs are on the same version FW. It's easy to update the PCM*, so maybe that is something people could try, Latest version is v4.76. Porsche says that this latest version fixes Bluetooth issues, among other things. Could that be a clue? Also, if anyone's car is running PCM v3.xx, then it CANNOT be upgraded to v4.xx as there are hardware differences, so I urge everyone to check their PCM version (Info>Options>System Version). Note that early 981s had version 3.xx with the highest level being v3.43. Later 981s had version 4.xx. You cannot add a backup camera unless you are using v4.xx. This may apply to other Porsche models too. My wife's 981 is 2014 and that has version 4.xx but I don't know the precise date when Porsche went from v3.xx to v4.xx. It seems to be important that everyone is sure they are using at least v4.xx (unless someone else has Isudar working on a v3.xx car?? But if they do, they will not be able to use a backup camera, so is this also a clue for anyone having backup camera issues?).

Please note that I am no kind of expert, and the above info has been gleaned from various internet sources, (including Rennlist) ,over time.

*You can get a disc or disc image, but best/safest route is to get an OPC or knowledgeable Indy to do it.[/QUOTE)

As said previously, all users with the resetting issue are running V4.76 (the latest and final PCM3.1 update), so don't think its that. As you say it seems to be external factors on UK cars - 981 & 911 - with all the extras and its seems to be creating a voltage surge causing the Isudar to reset.
Old 07-18-2023, 09:45 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

As said previously, all users with the resetting issue are running V4.76 (the latest and final PCM3.1 update), so don't think its that. As you say it seems to be external factors on UK cars - 981 & 911 - with all the extras and its seems to be creating a voltage surge causing the Isudar to reset.
My wife's 981 is on PCM v4.52. It will be interesting to see how this works with the Isudar.
Old 07-18-2023, 09:58 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Well, my set up is in a Macan, the PCM has been at the final available version v4.76 for quite some time now, and FWIW it has never been easy to get any updates for PCM 3.1 here in Canada, not the firmware (only available through the dealer and good luck with that) and certainly not maps, which have not been updated for many years and was the MAJOR reason I installed the Isudar board into the Macan.

I have only installed one update/patch supplied to me by Isudar, the BT on mine would stay connected forever, turn off the vehicle walk away but if the phone was within BT range it would remain connected. Heck, I couldn't get it to leg go even by cycling the BT on the phone, it was preventing me from using BT AA in my other car, fortunately the update fixed this condition.

Here is the firmware version my board shipped with:

ZedZed (07-18-2023)
Old 07-18-2023, 11:09 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Here is the firmware version my board shipped with:
Your 'About' screen is the same as mine, other than the 'M' (what does that M stand for?). I have M:230221V1, compared with your M:220708V1. Does the higher number imply that mine is a newer version than yours, or does it signify something else altogether? Thanks.
Old 07-18-2023, 11:42 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ZedZed
Your 'About' screen is the same as mine, other than the 'M' (what does that M stand for?). I have M:230221V1, compared with your M:220708V1. Does the higher number imply that mine is a newer version than yours, or does it signify something else altogether? Thanks.
I would surmise M is "Main" version firmware and to me it looks like the date of release: year-23, month-02, day-21 using a V1 base code.

That was the FW version my Isudar board was shipped with, it is now at the same version as yours (remember post #1385 above) M230221V1

Yes, unless they are using a random number for versions, I would say the M23 is newer than M22

Last edited by Westcoast; 07-18-2023 at 11:45 AM.
ZedZed (07-18-2023)
Old 07-18-2023, 05:08 PM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

I would surmise M is "Main" version firmware and to me it looks like the date of release: year-23, month-02, day-21 using a V1 base code.

That was the FW version my Isudar board was shipped with, it is now at the same version as yours (remember post #1385 above) M230221V1

Yes, unless they are using a random number for versions, I would say the M23 is newer than M22
Of course - has to be the date - good spot.
Old 07-21-2023, 01:44 PM
porty981
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

@1977GTS I don't suppose you could send me the firmware? The link Kimi sent me expired (just installing the board again now). Have asked Kimi for another upload but it can sometimes take a while for her to get back to me.
Old 07-23-2023, 01:08 PM
1977GTS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by porty981
@1977GTS I don't suppose you could send me the firmware? The link Kimi sent me expired (just installing the board again now). Have asked Kimi for another upload but it can sometimes take a while for her to get back to me.
hi mate, well after the update still no change. After two boards, a firmware update not sure what to do. Just emailed Kimi. Has your new board fixed the problem? I’m convinced it’s a hardware fault.

ps firmware is specific to boards, so Kimi advises not to forward on links.

Last edited by 1977GTS; 07-23-2023 at 04:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1