Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 07:26 PM
Porshatt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate.Evans
You have to make sure you pick "AUX" as your source...it will always automatically go to CarPlay as soon as you plug it in via USB or whenever it connects via bluetooth. But that doesn't mean it's selected as the source unless AUX is selected. The only way it automatically works is if AUX was the source when you shut down the car.
Thanks Nate! I hear the sound now. So, if I want to switch from PCM to CarPlay, I need to press two buttons: Press MEDIA to select Aux (for Audio) and then press INFO for the CarPlay screen. Is that correct?
Old 01-03-2022, 07:31 PM
Nate.Evans
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Porshatt
Thanks Nate! I hear the sound now. So, if I want to switch from PCM to CarPlay, I need to press two buttons: Press MEDIA to select Aux (for Audio) and then press INFO for the CarPlay screen. Is that correct?
Correct. The simplest way is as soon as you get in the car make sure the source is selected as AUX before the phone connects, that way you don’t have to go back and forth between screens.
Old 01-03-2022, 07:56 PM
Porshatt
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nate.Evans
Correct. The simplest way is as soon as you get in the car make sure the source is selected as AUX before the phone connects, that way you don’t have to go back and forth between screens.
Got it now.

I cannot push the PCM unit all the way back into place. It sticks 1-2 inches out. I don't want to push hard and break it. What is the trick to stuff all the cables back there?
Old 01-03-2022, 08:01 PM
Santirx
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 97 Posts

Got it now.

I cannot push the PCM unit all the way back into place. It sticks 1-2 inches out. I don't want to push hard and break it. What is the trick to stuff all the cables back there?
Yes, you are right, you don’t want to push very hard. But everything should fit. Just arrange wires and harnesses until you can push it back without effort.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:07 PM
Porshatt
Advanced

Originally Posted by Santirx
Yes, you are right, you don’t want to push very hard. But everything should fit. Just arrange wires and harnesses until you can push it back without effort.
I hated it but I had to push it a bit harder. The most nerve wrecking part of the job was inserting the PCM unit back in place.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:01 AM
arnoud-from-nl
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@torresfe thanks a lot, this worked!!!! Ridiculous how such a simply thing can make everything work. Now it is time to find a way to do the wiring to the back. Next chapter.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:56 AM
torresfe
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arnoud-from-nl
@torresfe thanks a lot, this worked!!!! Ridiculous how such a simply thing can make everything work. Now it is time to find a way to do the wiring to the back. Next chapter.
Arnoud-from-nl; Glad it worked. After playing with the selections for over 3 hours, I realized that the 3rd selection is incorrect. they should read aftermarket camera keep TAB to the left, for Original camera move TAB to the right instead of ON and OFF.
Old 01-04-2022, 10:05 AM
Porshatt
Advanced

What are the 4 numeric settings (0-9) in the Factory page used for? I checked their website and the manual does not explain.
Old 01-04-2022, 11:49 AM
arnoud-from-nl
Track Day

So, finally I spent most of the time probably to get the PCM in again. With the extra wiring and mostly the bulky square huge clip (or whatever that is called) I did not manage to get the PCM in. Every timer missed around two centimeters. Finally I found the solution which was to take off the dashboard part as indicated below (tip!!!). Then I fiddled something behind the PCM and was able to wiggle the cables and the huge box a bit so it all fitted. Next challenge is to get the wiring of the rear came to the back. At least I know that everything in the front is fine.

Old 01-04-2022, 11:52 AM
arnoud-from-nl
Track Day

Another question. I read about the software update to manage the volume issues. I am not sure I am understanding this correctly. Does the software update establish that the volume button always controls the correct source that is activitated? So when I have CarPlay on the screen but the radio on it does the radio but when music is running for CarPlay but I am in the normal PCM menu it does the CarPlay? Perhaps somebody is able to explain as if I were a 10 year old? Or direct me to a source that explains this better? Thanks!!!
Old 01-04-2022, 12:05 PM
Porshatt
Advanced

So, finally I spent most of the time probably to get the PCM in again. With the extra wiring and mostly the bulky square huge clip (or whatever that is called) I did not manage to get the PCM in. Every timer missed around two centimeters. Finally I found the solution which was to take off the dashboard part as indicated below (tip!!!). Then I fiddled something behind the PCM and was able to wiggle the cables and the huge box a bit so it all fitted. Next challenge is to get the wiring of the rear came to the back. At least I know that everything in the front is fine.
This is exactly what I was thinking too. I need to move that huge clip out of the way, probably downward to make space for the PCM. I removed that screw yesterday but the piece did not pop out easily. I did not pull too hard yesterday, but I think I will try again today.

Last edited by Porshatt; 01-04-2022 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-04-2022, 12:09 PM
arnoud-from-nl
Track Day

This is exactly what I was thinking too. I need to move that huge clip out of the way, probably downward to make space for the PCM. I removed that screw yesterday but the piece did not pop out easily. I did not pull too hard yesterday, but I think I will try again today.
NO, that huge clip should not go downwards. If you look into the hole you see at the left mid to top that there is an extra hole of around a few centimeters deep and around 10x10. That is where you want to move the bulky stuff towards and then after a million tries (in my case, also because I was afraid to push hard) it suddenly fits all together. But this is about mini spaces. Good luck!
Old 01-04-2022, 12:12 PM
Porshatt
Advanced

Another question. I read about the software update to manage the volume issues. I am not sure I am understanding this correctly. Does the software update establish that the volume button always controls the correct source that is activitated? So when I have CarPlay on the screen but the radio on it does the radio but when music is running for CarPlay but I am in the normal PCM menu it does the CarPlay? Perhaps somebody is able to explain as if I were a 10 year old? Or direct me to a source that explains this better? Thanks!!!
My understanding is that there is an issue with the volume in Isudar CarPlay not synchronized with PCM volume. More of an issue if have steering wheel volume control. To upgrade to the latest version, here is the link to download.
https://rennlist.com/forums/924-and-...a-cayenne.html

Old 01-04-2022, 12:13 PM
Porshatt
Advanced

NO, that huge clip should not go downwards. If you look into the hole you see at the left mid to top that there is an extra hole of around a few centimeters deep and around 10x10. That is where you want to move the bulky stuff towards and then after a million tries (in my case, also because I was afraid to push hard) it suddenly fits all together. But this is about mini spaces. Good luck!
Got it. How did you remove the side trim?
Old 01-04-2022, 12:42 PM
arnoud-from-nl
Track Day

See the picture. There is one screw at the top. You then need to slide the part forward (to front of the car). It is sliding and not pulling!

edit, I am talking about part number 29 here.

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1