Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2024, 09:25 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,660 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Originally Posted by Barchtic
I am in a 958.1 2014 Porsche Cayenne. I am pretty certain was version 2.0.0b. Firmware is unknown. I installed it around March 2022. Basically when the car is turned off, for example when you are parked, and you don’t open the door all interior electronics stay on. (Until the door is opened). This includes the PCM display. I was waiting at the airport with the car parked and not running. The display remained on and was working perfectly fine and then turned black. Now it refuses to display anything while the car is running, even the OEM pcm 3.1 OS. It has been almost a week. I am trying to find a way to contact ISUDAR at the moment as well.
Hmmm, older board level then, I would check that the fuse for the PCM is still good, or do you hear sound from the PCM ?

As for contacting Isudar I found the best/fastest way was through WhatsApp, they usually reply overnight on week days.
Old 02-25-2024, 10:20 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Received 217 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Barchtic
I am growing quite frustrated and wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar. I have been using my ISUDAR board for years now. I keep running into an issue where if the car is off, the panel stays on and connected until I open the door. It eventually turns off and goes black. That would be fine if it behaved properly. Whenever this occurs my PCM 3.1 will not display anything for a while. Usually this would be fixed after letting the car sit overnight, and starting in the morning. This time the PCM will not turn on no matter what. I made sure my phone is disconnected and have forced a reset multiple times by holding INFO. I can hear the system turn off and on but no image will come up whatsoever. Has anyone run into this? Any help would be appreciated.

Usually, if the unit is powering up but the screen is black, it indicates that the ribbon display for the screen is not properly connected. I wonder if yours has vibrated itself loose over the years you have the board installed? Might be worth opening up the PCM and reseating the ribbon cables?
Old 02-27-2024, 06:33 PM
Barchtic
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZedZed

Usually, if the unit is powering up but the screen is black, it indicates that the ribbon display for the screen is not properly connected. I wonder if yours has vibrated itself loose over the years you have the board installed? Might be worth opening up the PCM and reseating the ribbon cables?
The theory is perfectly reasonable. What leaves me to believe it is a firmware sided issue is that the pcm does eventually turn on. (I just had it finally turn on after pressing a bunch of random buttons on my device). I believe it runs out of power, but I don’t understand why it would not simply power back on after running the vehicle for hours on end. Also since I finally have access to the display I have confirmed I am on hardware S7. B and version 2.2.1. It seems I misremembered initially. I am in contact with Isudar so if anyone else has this issue I will update on what the cause/fix is. Thanks for the help ya’ll.
The following users liked this post:
ZedZed (02-27-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 06:01 PM
Svend1500
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, quick question. I have just received the Isudar PCB. Is it still the case that you must install an external microphone in order to use Siri? Or can Siri nowaydays be used over the stock Porsche microphone as well. According to the manual you still need an external mic but I seem to be reading something different here in this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Svend1500; 02-28-2024 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-29-2024, 04:13 PM
Metal-Chicken
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm using the built in microphone and it's fine.
Old 02-29-2024, 07:08 PM
Chuck245
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Metal-Chicken
I'm using the built in microphone and it's fine.
Same here. There is a setting in the Isudar settings to select using the car's built-in mic. or the external mic. that Isudar provides. I do not have CP but the car's mike work very well with AA on my wife's Macan.
David perkar (03-01-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 11:27 AM
chetta7890
6th Gear

Originally Posted by danby
You can look at the PCB they sent you. It should say on it which hardware version it is in the silkscreen.

I have the same setup as you and I ended up removing the green shroud off the sirius XM module connector which won me about 2-3mm of space and allowed the board to clear with the two stacked spacers. I also wrapped some electrical tape over the (now bare) connector, just in case the board rubs a bit to keep it from wearing through the solder mask on the PCB and causing shorts.

Note: earlier they were shipping the wrong size spacers, so if you bought this a while ago like you said, you may need to email them to ask for the taller spacers.

Hi,
Is this the one you removed to get more clearance? does it come off easy?

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chetta7890

Hi,

Thanks for the help.
There is a lot of good information in this thread for installation issues, always good to cruise through the whole thing, a lot of times your problem/question has already been answered.

Take a look at this post: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1 - Page 82 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums
ZedZed (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 02:21 PM
Chuck245
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

Hi,

Thanks for the help.
Removing the plastic around the connector is one way to go. Alternatively, at least in my case, using the studs included in the Isudar kit with a bit of adjustment allows you to install the Isudar board without modifying the plug. You need to combine one long and one short stud. Then, do not fully screw the studs together to make the total length of the combined studs a little bit longer. This allows for enough clearance between the Isudar board and the plug while also been able to reassemble the PCM without damaging the cables.
Old 03-03-2024, 02:47 PM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Received 217 Likes on 175 Posts

These issues have been discussed many times in the the thread, with various good solutions proposed. Here's one:

Chuck245 (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 09:10 PM
chetta7890
6th Gear

Hi
Thanks for the help. Removed the plastic shroud around the XM connector and able to fit the carplay module in. Thanks again.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:13 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Hi
Thanks for the help. Removed the plastic shroud around the XM connector and able to fit the carplay module in. Thanks again.
Cool, that is why I provided the link to those instructions, because it worked for me as well.

It was about setting the board at a height that cleared the XM connector and did not interfere with the underside of the CD/DVD player.
Old 03-06-2024, 01:49 PM
lkh5650
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZedZed
Try this extensive thread for details of various different had units which will work with your car:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1045...1-1-a-134.html

I have personally used in my Panamera the wide-screen unit linked here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006159194669.html

I have also used this unit in my wife's Cayman:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...Cquery_from%3A

A similar version of the above is available also for the Panamera. If you search on Ali Express, you will find several variants. I have had both of these units in our cars for some months now, with no significant issues or problems.

There are no issues such as those you describe. All of the OEM controls from the PCM are available in the new HUs, which have specific canbus modules for each model. Door locking, lights controls, reverse camera, radar parking sensors, etc etc are all retained. Personally, I favor the aftermarket units since they feature much better screens with way higher resolution, plus the ability to run any one of the thousands of Android apps in the Google Play Store, as well as wireless Android Auto or Apple Carplay.
hey what kind of speakers do you have? bose? burmester?
I have a burmester one i have 2 issues. [1] rear speakers are not working [2] constant hissing noise and loud popping noise when the headunit turns off. wondering if you have had these issues and how you fixed it...

Thank you
Old 03-08-2024, 01:46 AM
lkh5650
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Santirx
This is copied from another thread...

Analog signal from CarPlay goes in 3 wires (L, R, GND) on the quad lock connector.

i know this question doesnt really belong here but i need help..
i installed aftermarket android headunit on my 970.2. It has burmester speakers. I am having an issue when the android headunit turns off, a second or two later loud popping noise comes from the cabin. I tried ground isolator and low high impedance converter. None of them works. What I found from the web is it could be that the amp is turning off too late compared to headunit.

the diagram above shows there is “amp on” pin there. Is that also the same pin used for amp off? Can i just connect that line from the harness to android headunit harness accessary line?

Thanks for your help!
Old 03-10-2024, 06:47 PM
Svend1500
6th Gear

Quick question: I have 2 iPhones connected to the Isudar. Is there any way I can set preference to one phone, so if both phones are in the car it always connects the same phone?

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1