Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 09:55 AM
ACE51
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For those that have bought a used Cayenne Diesel, how long did it take for you to hear back from VW after submitting paperwork? Its been over a month since I've heard anything from VW, all that I see is "documents submitted, under review."
Old 12-20-2017, 10:52 AM
m0ther
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ACE51
For those that have bought a used Cayenne Diesel, how long did it take for you to hear back from VW after submitting paperwork? Its been over a month since I've heard anything from VW, all that I see is "documents submitted, under review."
I submitted them in the morning on Saturday, they were accepted the following Monday afternoon, and I had a settlement package 2 days after that. So just under 5 calendar / 3 working days in total from the time I uploaded the documents.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:06 AM
ACE51
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by m0ther
I submitted them in the morning on Saturday, they were accepted the following Monday afternoon, and I had a settlement package 2 days after that. So just under 5 calendar / 3 working days in total from the time I uploaded the documents.
Interesting.

I called VW and they said they are still reviewing to see if the previous owner is entitled to any settlement. The vehicle I purchased is a 1 owner car that started out as a lease then it looks like they bought it out. I have confirmed that the "fix" has not been done. I think that leasees have a right to some of the "settlement", but not sure how it works since they bought out the lease. Time will tell.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:01 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by BenCD
Mine is just a little, only a little-strange. I only got the first $750, and this was back sometime in October when most of us got the first 1/2 of the Bosch payment.

I called last week and the Bosch rep. had mentioned that they have not yet sent the 2nd half and she didn't have any idea when it would be going out, other than to say that sometime it would. I will just patiently wait and when it does come, I'll just be happy about it.
Only got the first 750 from Bosch here too. Came pretty quick after I registered.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:17 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Only got the first 750 from Bosch here too. Came pretty quick after I registered.
We patiently wait for that last $750.00. It will be a nice surprise when it comes.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:02 PM
m0ther
Intermediate

Interesting.

I called VW and they said they are still reviewing to see if the previous owner is entitled to any settlement. The vehicle I purchased is a 1 owner car that started out as a lease then it looks like they bought it out. I have confirmed that the "fix" has not been done. I think that leasees have a right to some of the "settlement", but not sure how it works since they bought out the lease. Time will tell.
The deadline to have applied as a PO or lessee was July 17th according to the settlement site FAQ. Perhaps the PO did submit a claim on yours?
Old 12-20-2017, 02:02 PM
ecostellodo
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Interesting.

I too am waiting. VW says it is under review (since September). It seems the previous owner took the first half of the payment and for some reason that holds up my half.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:09 PM
solrac6262
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by abatis
I am not sure what year your mother has but the dealer provided me with a 2015 CD loaner. I have to admit the 2015 vehicle did not seem to have the same low end punch that I get with 2013, although the are probably the same on paper. Your mothers hearing is probably better than mine.

it is a 14
Old 12-20-2017, 07:04 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by solrac6262
it is a 14
If your mother can feel a difference in “oomph,” I’m sure it’s there and won’t doubt her one bit. I think we all can agree that if we wanted to look into the comparison of before and after, it wasn’t for the better. Plain and simple.

Has anyone verified the new Maroney and the old window sticker (I have mine) that states the torque and horsepower figures and at what RPM’s?

As for the numbers provided to us regarding dyno readings from the man that travails Tundra, it’s interesting to see an average of 17% loss. I’m still thinking the sniffer and O2 testing power numbers are off a bit due to the way the cheat was calibrated.

For those that have followed, it looks like an appeal/claim of sorts will be made against VW for not wanting to pay for those registered and approved prior to the emission release and after the opportunity to VIN check at dealership.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:19 AM
Mtea
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Sword, where did you see pre and post-fix dyno readings?
Old 12-21-2017, 08:47 AM
bryanwares
Intermediate

Originally Posted by porsche42
Anyone live in Mass with a 14 CD? I had the diesel fix with the updated software. My car now does not pass the Mass inspection.
I have driven in 600 miles since the fix and still does not pass. Anyone have this issue?
2014 CD: Missouri emissions test (computer test, not pipe in exhaust test) passed after failing first round. Drove 770 miles after the fix.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:37 AM
m0ther
Intermediate

Interesting.

Just so you don't feel too bad- I dropped my CD off yesterday for the fix, and promptly headed to the airport for the last business trip of the year. When I landed I had a VM from the VWGoA folks asking me to call them. After 30 minutes on hold they couldn't explain what the problem was, other than that the dealer couldn't get the system to take my settlement number, and that there was an IT ticket opened on the issue (VWGoA not dealer) and that IT was gone for the day.

So I'm now waiting to find out what's going on.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:35 PM
booch
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

My 2013 CD got the fix yesterday. I dropped it off at 9am, and the car was done by 3pm. I wasn't able to pick it up until 6:30, though.

I noticed the previously reported holding gear while it was cold, but it didn't sound any different at start up or idle. I started the car with the door open so I could hear, but I didn't notice any change in tone or volume. Outside temps were mid 30s, and the car had been sitting for a couple of hours so it was stone cold.

My drive home was 46 miles, so the car got good and warm. The power felt no different than pre-fix. I did a few hard pulls away from a stop, did some highway acceleration, and didn't feel any change. The computer reported 31.6 mpg for the trip, which seems about typical. I'll monitor mileage over the next couple of tanks to see if there is any major change. After 115k miles I have a good feel for fuel economy. Shifting seemed normal once it was warmed up.

The detail job was superb; my wife spends a lot of time in this car with our two kids (2 and 4), and the car had accumulated some grime. She does a great job of staying on top of the mess, but the seats in the back looked pretty gross. After I picked up the car, though, they looked new! The interior was spotless, including the trunk. we had some stubborn dog hair in the back, which my shop vac didn't get up, but that was gone.

I did not get the tank of fuel, however, since my wife had filled up the day before. My SA didn't want to waste it on 2 gallons, so he said to bring the car back when I need a fill up, so I can get the full $50 worth. Can't complain about that!

So far, the seat time is limited, but I have absolutely no complaints yet about the post-fix performance of the car.
Old 12-21-2017, 02:22 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by booch
My 2013 CD got the fix yesterday. I dropped it off at 9am, and the car was done by 3pm. I wasn't able to pick it up until 6:30, though.

I noticed the previously reported holding gear while it was cold, but it didn't sound any different at start up or idle. I started the car with the door open so I could hear, but I didn't notice any change in tone or volume. Outside temps were mid 30s, and the car had been sitting for a couple of hours so it was stone cold.

My drive home was 46 miles, so the car got good and warm. The power felt no different than pre-fix. I did a few hard pulls away from a stop, did some highway acceleration, and didn't feel any change. The computer reported 31.6 mpg for the trip, which seems about typical. I'll monitor mileage over the next couple of tanks to see if there is any major change. After 115k miles I have a good feel for fuel economy. Shifting seemed normal once it was warmed up.

The detail job was superb; my wife spends a lot of time in this car with our two kids (2 and 4), and the car had accumulated some grime. She does a great job of staying on top of the mess, but the seats in the back looked pretty gross. After I picked up the car, though, they looked new! The interior was spotless, including the trunk. we had some stubborn dog hair in the back, which my shop vac didn't get up, but that was gone.

I did not get the tank of fuel, however, since my wife had filled up the day before. My SA didn't want to waste it on 2 gallons, so he said to bring the car back when I need a fill up, so I can get the full $50 worth. Can't complain about that!

So far, the seat time is limited, but I have absolutely no complaints yet about the post-fix performance of the car.
That is some great news right there. I had about the same exact experience with the noise-I can't tell a thing. Power is the same as before and if mpg is down, I can't tell.

I agree with the detail job. I wonder if all Porsche dealers have the very best detailers out there or they don't get the job. I let mine get dirty just so I could take advantage but I can only imagine dog hair. And to be offered a full tank later, you have a great dealer.

I've been deleting all the VW settlement websites and emails/folders I've had since almost a year ago. I'm glad to be moving on.
Old 12-21-2017, 02:57 PM
booch
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Yeah my dealer (Hoffman) has overall been great to deal with. The loaner I got yesterday was a 2018 Cayenne base, with 7 miles on it. Even with 115k miles, the CD drives a lot nicer than that V6 did, although the V6 motor sounds great.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue