Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 01:15 PM
Rupert16
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Volkswagen can't afford to drop Diesels, they would instantly lose 10's ot thousands of loyal VW customers.
Understand this whole Emissions issue was totally caused by the US's over the top EPA department.
If they're truly worried about pollution you wouldn't see American Pick Up diesels, which don't come close to the European engines. Maybe that's why you can't by an American SUV with one of these engines, trucks & Family vehicles are classified differently go figure.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:55 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

The EPA is nothing compared with German regulators and activists

Old 02-02-2019, 05:46 PM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

If this is true, it is good news. If Porsche runs true to form the new one will be faster, lighter, more responsive, more powerful, and get better mileage. We might even see the Diesel S! I almost think it is a head fake to induce me to get the fix so that I can trade my 2015 CD for a new and improved diesel someday. I read Dan Neil in the WSJ and he has said in his column that the diesel is dead based on European environmental standards.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:53 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Porsche is on record saying they won't do diesels again, not part of their image. They are betting on Taycans and other future EVa
Old 02-02-2019, 07:55 PM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I had believed the same thing but then I read that article.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:42 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
The EPA is nothing compared with German regulators and activists

https://youtu.be/gguwJRrzzF8
Great and informative video. Thanks for posting. Amazing hysteria without any correlation to the harmful affects of NO2. Lets also remember, all of this was brought up because of the supposed harm of the incremental emissions over the allowable emissions.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:21 PM
JRoach
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

not new, mentioned a year ago or more in this thread...

watch the first episode of "Dirty Money" called "Hard Nox" on Netflix.

tag: Gibney reveals shocking new details about VW's corporate deceit, and exposes the unholy alliance between governments and automakers that allowed the automaker to put tens of thousands of lives at risk - all for the sake of a $500 part.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:47 PM
JRoach
Racer

most disturbing is the last few minutes of this documentary:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6ds7hf
Old 02-04-2019, 07:34 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by JRoach
not new, mentioned a year ago or more in this thread...

watch the first episode of "Dirty Money" called "Hard Nox" on Netflix.

tag: Gibney reveals shocking new details about VW's corporate deceit, and exposes the unholy alliance between governments and automakers that allowed the automaker to put tens of thousands of lives at risk - all for the sake of a $500 part.
I'm still not buying the "fact" that the emissions these cars produced put so many lives at risk. If they did, regulators would have to also go after trains and ships to get rid of all the NOx out there that's going to harm us all.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:04 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

^^^^ and the worst polluters of them all: All those thousands of jumbo size jet engines
Old 02-05-2019, 12:02 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Got a letter yesterday from PCNA informing me that my CD is subject to a recall of the AdBlue heater.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:20 PM
pmb9484
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey proud new owner of used 2016 CD. Found one "pre-fix" and just got my approval for repair and reimbursement from VW. Was wondering what people did to get the Bosch reimbursement? I went on their site and it made it seem like it was automatic post-fix. Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 02-05-2019, 04:09 PM
JRoach
Racer

skiahh,

Agree, the CD's are not likely in the top ten or maybe not in the top 100 things that create pollution. What the Netflix show illustrates is the level of deception and that they were never concerned about the consumer. I wonder if all car companies would have done the same.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:43 PM
Rupert16
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

While we are on the subject of whether other companies would do such a thing, the worst is your American GM and they have been fined a pittance in comparison to VW.
All for a small part in there ignition locks costing less than a $, the difference is, people have died from these faulty parts.
I'm afraid Americans should fix there own automotive corruption before coming down on the rest of the world.
Yes most would do the same, regulatory organizations are out of control in this day and age.

skiahh,

Agree, the CD's are not likely in the top ten or maybe not in the top 100 things that create pollution. What the Netflix show illustrates is the level of deception and that they were never concerned about the consumer. I wonder if all car companies would have done the same.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:04 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by pmb9484
Hey proud new owner of used 2016 CD. Found one "pre-fix" and just got my approval for repair and reimbursement from VW. Was wondering what people did to get the Bosch reimbursement? I went on their site and it made it seem like it was automatic post-fix. Anyone have any experience with this?
The previous owners likely collected the Bosch payment. It was paid regardless of fix status, and was automatic once you registered.

Do you know if the previous owners of your car registered and collected the first half of the settlement money? If so, they also got the Bosch money and you get none of that. And, of course, you'll only get the half remaining of the fix money.

I might just keep the thing unfixed and forgo the ~$5K....

skiahh,

Would have?

Have and will continue to do so every opportunity they think they can get away with something. Every single one of them. Or, as Rupert pointed out, anytime their actuaries tell them the risk of payout is significantly less than the money they'll make (or save by skimping).

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue