Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 10:17 PM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by bryanwares
1) No more 1/2 payments before the ECR fix . Rule changed after ECR fix approval on 10/26/2017.
2) No money for already fixed CDs even if new (2016 unsold CDs sitting on lot!). You will have to register and claim $$ before taking CD to fix with a claim number. Only after dealer completes paperwork, payment gets triggered.

3) When I purchased and registered on VW claim site, it showed full amount and only after full audit is completed, they told me previous owner has already claimed the first 1/2 and I would be eligible for remaining 1/2 to be paid after ECR fix. No Bosch $$ either as they have already paid full amount to first owner without needing fix.
4) Lookup site is taking time to update the status of fixing. If you are buying that has been just fixed, it would take couple of days for the site to be updated.
5) I would think if you can find unfixed CD (not neutered), you can get 1/2 the claim from VW around $4600 after the fix.
6) Warranty, extended warranty stays on.
Thank you very much!
Old 11-22-2017, 10:20 PM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by skiahh
OK, now that cars are starting to get fixed, how do you price a used, fixed CD? Is there an adjustment for a tainted vehicle? For it being fixed? And for not getting any of the settlement money?

Or is it just a "normal" used car at this point? Not counting the new, unsold units here. But still a valid question for them, too... how much of a discount off of MSRP should those take, given a 2 or 3 year old vehicle?
From the conversation I had today with my sales manager they want them, he has folks lined up to buy them. He doesn't even have to CPO them. His problem is being a smaller shop he can't seem to get parts to fix them and since mine is fixed it is a win for him.

Oh and they are still worth a lot, haven't taken big hit when you consider I got over $10.6k from VW.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:41 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by WhipE350
From the conversation I had today with my sales manager they want them, he has folks lined up to buy them. He doesn't even have to CPO them. His problem is being a smaller shop he can't seem to get parts to fix them and since mine is fixed it is a win for him.

Oh and they are still worth a lot, haven't taken big hit when you consider I got over $10.6k from VW.
Yes, you got $10K, but now someone buying yours knows (in theory) that you got that and may make a lower offer, factoring that into the equation.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:40 AM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by skiahh
Yes, you got $10K, but now someone buying yours knows (in theory) that you got that and may make a lower offer, factoring that into the equation.
Absolutely. In my case my dealer wants to buy it and isn't concerned. There must be a lot of folks wanting to buy from a dealer and 'maybe' haven't thought much about the emissions issue. Some folks just won't buy a Porsche unless it comes from a dealer. Possibly it is a selling point to say the vehicle is emission compliant. Hard to tell, but yup I was concerned about that very thing when I thought about what price to ask when I listed it.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:33 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,834 Likes on 1,115 Posts

So... update. Got a week on mine now including that 800 mike tow.
My observations daily around town.... same car. Kicks down a little easier and a tick more noise around town when cold. That’s all i notice. Power feels same. I, not seeing a meaningful difference in mileage.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:46 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
My observations daily around town.... same car. Kicks down a little easier and a tick more noise around town when cold. That’s all i notice. Power feels same. I, not seeing a meaningful difference in mileage.
Right-on! Thanks for the update.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:48 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx

Thanks. Looks like one of the ways to smoothly transition into the fix is to plan a long trip after doing it. Maybe in this way, the computers will re-learn faster.

Maybe I should plan a road trip to the Porsche Center in LA when/if I do the fix.
Old 11-25-2017, 04:21 AM
shenofjo
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried helping my father with this claim months ago, where he and my aunt are both registered to the car title and insurance. My dad has been out of the country for over 6 months and I was only able to get my aunt's notary. I sent the paper work in online but it was rejected as not being complete. now I received letter saying porsche will no longer give payouts. what should I do? My father still wont be back till december.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:37 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,619 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Originally Posted by shenofjo
I tried helping my father with this claim months ago, where he and my aunt are both registered to the car title and insurance. My dad has been out of the country for over 6 months and I was only able to get my aunt's notary. I sent the paper work in online but it was rejected as not being complete. now I received letter saying porsche will no longer give payouts. what should I do? My father still wont be back till december.
wait until he comes back. You now have to get the fix done to get payments.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:03 AM
bryanwares
Intermediate

Originally Posted by shenofjo
From what I was told by PCNA, Porsche (VW) is no longer paying 1/2 the payment before fix like they did until 10/26/2017 ( ECR approved by CARB on 10/26/2017) but now will only pay full payment once CD is fixed or remaining 1/2 payment if previous owner already claimed the other 1/2.
1) If you have sold the car without getting $$, the new owner will get 100% of the claim $$ when the fix is done. Previous owner restitution might no longer be valid.
2) If you are not going to fix the CD, you will not get any $$.
3) If you have already fixed your CD, before final settlement is completed and approval/update of status to "take appointment with the dealer for ECR", you will no longer get $$,

Porsche is bending over backwards to get as many CD's fixed as possible as there is a threshold they need to meet in terms of (85%?) before June 2019. Otherwise, they will have to do another program.
Once your dad is back, get signature notarized and resubmit. Do not fix until final settlement is approved and they provide a note "take it to the dealer for ECR".

Last edited by bryanwares; 11-25-2017 at 11:18 AM.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:40 AM
bryanwares
Intermediate

Porsche payment experience (2CD's purchased 10/25/2017 and 11/7/2017). I purchased one on 10/25 and friend purchased on 11/7.

10/27/2017 purchase: I purchased a CD which just came as trade-in week or so . When I registered on claim site, it showed "VW will pay $9094". However, after final review and before settlement package approval they sent a note saying previous owner claimed 1/2 the payment already and I will only be eligible for remaining 1/2 after ECR is completed. I fixed CD and received 1/2 the payment. No Bosch $$ either as previous owner was eligible for full amount without fixing. I was told there is NO way to tell if previous owner has already claimed until final approval stage of the process.

11/7/2017: Friend purchased a CD that has been sitting in the lot for months. When he registered on claim site, it also should full amount and process was updated saying payment will be sent only after the fix. He did get full amount after the fix and also might be getting a check from Bosch (good for him). In his case, previous owner didn't file a claim and may have sold right around the time wen information about claims is just getting around.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:08 PM
bryanwares
Intermediate

There are "4 settlement types" of CDs in the market if you are making a purchase with settlement $$ in mind.

1) New unsold CDs that were sitting on dealer lots for last 2 years: NOT eligible for claim or restitution $$ as CD's are already fixed. Dealers are finally fixing and selling these CDs and listing them about 10-12% lower than MSRP. Just hitting the market.
2) Fixed CDs. Current owners who just fixed and claimed 100% restitution $$ and traded in. Those cars are available. Type the VIN in Porschediesellookup.com and status will be shown as ECR complete and yes on extended emissions warranty. In this case, no more $$ to the new buyer but will get extended emission warranty.
3) Unfixed CD's and previous owner already claimed 1/2 the $$ + $1500 Bosch check. In this case, you will get 1/2 VW payment after the fix (about $4600) as in my case (but see NOTE below). When you register at claim site it will by default show full amount but only in the final settlement stage it will be reduced to 1/2. There is no way to tell if previous owner already claimed 1/2 $$ amount until very late in approval stage.
4) Unfixed CD's that previous owner has not claimed $$. If you lucky, you might get full payment after the fix . Typically, these CDs traded-in/sold before June 2017 or previous owner didn't bother to file a claim (takes less than 5 minutes to register on claim site). However, you will need to follow process in below NOTE

NOTE: To claim $$ going forward, need to currently own a CD. 1) You will need to register on claims.vwgoa.com 2) Submit ownership documents 3) wait for claim to approved both by VW and 3rd party 4) get final settlement package 5) Send back notarized signed documents 6) Get final approval on notarized documents 7) Status approval changed to take appointment with a dealer for ECR 8) Only, then (after step 7 is complete) you take it to the dealer with claim number to get it fixed and then get a check or EFT to your bank.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:14 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Porsche is bending over backwards to get as many CD's fixed as possible as there is a threshold they need to meet in terms of (85%?) before June 2019. Otherwise, they will have to do another program.
".

More ore less the time I was thinking of doing the fix. I wonder what a new program would be if 85% is not reached. More candy?
Old 11-25-2017, 12:46 PM
shenofjo
Cruisin'

GOod to know they will still pay after getting it fixed. Will get the paper work done when father comes back in December. Thanks! Got a yelling from my mother for not making my dad go to the embassy and get notarized.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:04 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

There are "4 settlement types" of CDs in the market if you are making a purchase with settlement $$ in mind.

1) New unsold CDs that were sitting on dealer lots for last 2 years: NOT eligible for claim or restitution $$ as CD's are already fixed. Dealers are finally fixing and selling these CDs and listing them about 10-12% lower than MSRP. Just hitting the market.
What dealers are fixing and selling now? I've called a handful around the country and none have begin fixing or selling this inventory. None have heard from PCNA except that the rule is to fix customer cars first. None will even talk about selling or pricing because they have been told they are not allowed to until PCNA gives the go ahead. Which doesn't appear to have come yet (I can't imagine PCNA would OK some dealers but not others unless they could show 85% compliance with all CDs in their area, maybe).

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue