Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 05:42 PM
TXCayenne
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Diesel Fix and Unsold 2015/2016 Cayennes

So my dealer here in North Texas mentioned to me that they have 40 Cayennes that have been sitting in a lot, untitled pending the resolution of the diesel repair. I asked what the dealer planned to do about these cars and my tech mentioned as follows:

-They have received compensation from the factory
-They plan to complete the repairs on these cayennes and sell them
-Tech said that he heard that they plan to sell the cars at "invoice"

I plan to talk to someone in new car sales when we have our 2014 in for the modification to get an idea of pricing on these "new" cayenne diesels

It would be interesting to hear what price other dealers are selling these "new" cayennes for.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:32 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by BenCD
At least on the Touareg's, there is a curly, like a pig's tail-light that lights up-I had it go off on my 2012 Touareg.
In diesels, that's pretty much universally known as the glow plug indicator. That is, it shows when the glow plugs (or, in Cummins engines, heater grid) are active.

Are you saying it lit up to indicate an adblue tank heater failure?

Originally Posted by TXCayenne
So my dealer here in North Texas mentioned to me that they have 40 Cayennes that have been sitting in a lot, untitled pending the resolution of the diesel repair. I asked what the dealer planned to do about these cars and my tech mentioned as follows:

-They have received compensation from the factory
-They plan to complete the repairs on these cayennes and sell them
-Tech said that he heard that they plan to sell the cars at "invoice"

I plan to talk to someone in new car sales when we have our 2014 in for the modification to get an idea of pricing on these "new" cayenne diesels

It would be interesting to hear what price other dealers are selling these "new" cayennes for.
What dealer is that?
Old 11-10-2017, 07:35 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Yes, on Touareg's when most people's AdBlue heaters failed, the glow plug indicator would light up or flash.

No such thing on the CD's. Just the generic CEL going off.

At right around 40,000 miles, the light tripped on my Treg and when I took it in, they replaced stuff that was in a kit. I had to wait a day as they had overnighted the part(s) from NJ. VW had then extended the warranty and even gave me back the $50 deductible for the CPO I had at the time.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:06 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
In diesels, that's pretty much universally known as the glow plug indicator. That is, it shows when the glow plugs (or, in Cummins engines, heater grid) are active.

Are you saying it lit up to indicate an adblue tank heater failure?
It will show up for issues as well, some not remotely related to the glow plug itself.

I had it light on me when I had a no start condition (no, not just lit up with others). It was red, but I can't remember if it was flashing. My Durametric reports codes related to the turbo and all was happy when I pulled my BlueSpark box (v1 had problems on long drives due to being tuned for the EU motors).
Old 11-10-2017, 08:09 PM
alterniTECH
Intermediate

EPA does not have any sort of SUV classification. They are all just lumped under Light Truck. It is just a name. Truck is just easier to type than vehicle.

Next topic for debate: Is it a motor or an engine?
Isn't SUV easier to type than truck?
Old 11-10-2017, 10:25 PM
alterniTECH
Intermediate

Originally Posted by r553
It has to do with the fact that the DEF level sensor and heater are one over complicated unit.
Yes... Germans have a tendency to over think things just a bit... (I know, I'm 1/2 German... So I only over think things half as much). ;-)
Old 11-10-2017, 10:37 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by alterniTECH
Not being rude, but Diesel will never be "Gas", and nor will you ever have a "Gas" tank on your Diesel Cayenne, unless, of course you switch out your engine for a Gasoline version, then, you could, in theory, call your tank a Gas Tank.

I think it's funny that you refer to these things as trucks. They are far from trucks. Albeit they are very capable vehicles, but just far from trucks...
Isn't SUV easier to type than truck?
11 posts in and at least 3 are critiquing how other members post? Welcome to Rennlist.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:11 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Yes, on Touareg's when most people's AdBlue heaters failed, the glow plug indicator would light up or flash.

No such thing on the CD's. Just the generic CEL going off.

At right around 40,000 miles, the light tripped on my Treg and when I took it in, they replaced stuff that was in a kit. I had to wait a day as they had overnighted the part(s) from NJ. VW had then extended the warranty and even gave me back the $50 deductible for the CPO I had at the time.
Originally Posted by gnat
It will show up for issues as well, some not remotely related to the glow plug itself.

I had it light on me when I had a no start condition (no, not just lit up with others). It was red, but I can't remember if it was flashing. My Durametric reports codes related to the turbo and all was happy when I pulled my BlueSpark box (v1 had problems on long drives due to being tuned for the EU motors).
Good tidbit to know!
Old 11-11-2017, 04:33 AM
Intermediate

TXCayenne - can you share your dealer info please?
Old 11-11-2017, 10:22 AM
DNorby
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got my 2013 Diesel back from the dealer, Leith Porsche in Cary, NC. It's kind of early to say but it seems to have plenty of power but it also seems to go into higher rpm's before shifting-maybe this will change. I cannot feel a noticeable difference in performance and it will take some more driving.

They gave me a 2017 base Cayenne to drive and that car is very weak compared to the diesel.

I went to the claims portal and it stated that everything was complete and "thanks for participating" and so I assume the second half of the Audi payment is automatic.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:36 AM
alterniTECH
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
11 posts in and at least 3 are critiquing how other members post? Welcome to Rennlist.
Right you are... Sorry. I will stop.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:59 AM
solrac6262
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

my CD is still at the dealer Im adding H&R springs but yesterday received an email with payment from VW
Old 11-11-2017, 01:27 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but invoice will put these anywhere from 62-75k depending on options.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:14 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by DNorby
Just got my 2013 Diesel back from the dealer, Leith Porsche in Cary, NC. It's kind of early to say but it seems to have plenty of power but it also seems to go into higher rpm's before shifting-maybe this will change. I cannot feel a noticeable difference in performance and it will take some more driving.

They gave me a 2017 base Cayenne to drive and that car is very weak compared to the diesel.

I went to the claims portal and it stated that everything was complete and "thanks for participating" and so I assume the second half of the Audi payment is automatic.
Does the sport button have any affect? Any increased noise or vibration?
Interesting note about the higher rpm shifts. Maybe that is to compensate for slightly lower power output.
Thanks for posting your observations.

Oh yeah, I've driven the base. Nice enough SUV until you want to go anywhere fast.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:02 PM
DNorby
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry but I never use sport, I will try tomorrow. I think the shifting will probably go back to normal-just my guess

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue