Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 09:57 AM
ddeliber
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Dealer cannot sell the cars no matter where their origin my dealer says. VW AG would not let them sell it even it the car is still in Europe. Stop-sale is worldwide for all US bound cars. Yes still voluntary but covers ALL Cayenne Diesels sold by VW AG. However this doesn't affect non-VW dealerships.
Are you sure it is ALL CDs? I thought that it was just new and CPO CDs. I see a bunch of em listed at Porsche dealers without CPO. As long as they were punched or delivered before the stop sale I was under the impression that they could be sold.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:06 AM
rlhyde
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We had two 2016 Porsche Cayenne Diesels on order. We had to have them before years end. We were told up until the last moment that they would be delivered to us. Then we were told, last week, that they could not be delivered. If the dealer tells you that you will get one, the dealer is misinformed.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:45 AM
ddeliber
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rlhyde
We had two 2016 Porsche Cayenne Diesels on order. We had to have them before years end. We were told up until the last moment that they would be delivered to us. Then we were told, last week, that they could not be delivered. If the dealer tells you that you will get one, the dealer is misinformed.
Not sure if you were referring to my post but I am talking about used uncertified CDs not new.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:59 PM
Rob VN
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Latest update from VW: http://www.autoblog.com/2015/12/10/v...iesel-scandal/
Old 12-12-2015, 03:20 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob VN
"VW blames US for diesel scandal, no fix in sight"

I really hate journalists and news outlets that pull crap like that. There is nothing in the article nor the press release that "blames" the US. In fact, VW takes responsibility for wanting to get into the stricter US market by finding a way around the rules.

All that accomplishes is to rob the journalist and the outlet of credibility.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:43 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
"VW blames US for diesel scandal, no fix in sight"

I really hate journalists and news outlets that pull crap like that. There is nothing in the article nor the press release that "blames" the US. In fact, VW takes responsibility for wanting to get into the stricter US market by finding a way around the rules.

All that accomplishes is to rob the journalist and the outlet of credibility.
The Internet journalists don't care. They just want you to click on the story to generate clickable views. Sad state of affairs.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:02 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
The Internet journalists don't care. They just want you to click on the story to generate clickable views. Sad state of affairs.
Worse is the number of people that just read the link name or the title and think that is all they need to know
Old 12-17-2015, 03:50 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 182 Posts

Interesting development. Maybe we won't need a class action process?

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/12/17/vw-cr...cted-cars.html
Old 12-17-2015, 04:41 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne

The jaded side of me says that such a system will require you have any fixes applied (regardless if they are mandated or not).
Old 12-17-2015, 06:37 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gnat
The jaded side of me says that such a system will require you have any fixes applied (regardless if they are mandated or not).
Which will come with a free tire rotation (I think that's a $189 value at your local Porsche dealer) and car wash ($49). And it won't drive like it does now.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:48 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Just read that all VW diesels affected in Europe will be asked for dealer fix. This will start just after new year. Depending on engine the upgrade will take between 30min to 1hour.

Still not figured out the fix for US market.

Source is Auto motor and sport magazine.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:15 PM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

My dealer has turned his CD's into a demo fleet. With my 997 in the shop, I drove a base model with Bose, springs and Prestige package home today and averaged 75 mph and 36 mpg. And it is a blast to drive up my demo hill at home. I hope they don't ruin a very good thing over NOS emissions with all the beaters still on the road. Too bad they can't sell the demos or they would move a lot of them. I would be happy with the one I drove home and it is a stripper model pretty much.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:11 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by sclemmons
My dealer has turned his CD's into a demo fleet. With my 997 in the shop, I drove a base model with Bose, springs and Prestige package home today and averaged 75 mph and 36 mpg. And it is a blast to drive up my demo hill at home. I hope they don't ruin a very good thing over NOS emissions with all the beaters still on the road. Too bad they can't sell the demos or they would move a lot of them. I would be happy with the one I drove home and it is a stripper model pretty much.
They are good cars...too bad they got caught up in the VW "defeat" mess. I'm surprised that the stop sale order allows the cars to be driven if there is some suspicion that they pollute more than the qualifying tests allowed.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:56 AM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne

Ah! So, legalese now, eh? I fear it is one of those deny any claim first. Hope you go away. Then when you threaten to file a lawsuit, inundate you with lots of forms and paperwork.

Now, if any one from VW/Porsche/Audi headquarters is reading this: That won't work. All it means is for me to avoid any VW products in the near and distant future. So, better tailor your compensation solutions in a fair and consumer friendly manner.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:42 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by visitador
Ah! So, legalese now, eh? I fear it is one of those deny any claim first. Hope you go away. Then when you threaten to file a lawsuit, inundate you with lots of forms and paperwork.

Now, if any one from VW/Porsche/Audi headquarters is reading this: That won't work. All it means is for me to avoid any VW products in the near and distant future. So, better tailor your compensation solutions in a fair and consumer friendly manner.
I don't understand why they don't just buy us out, and sell the cars elsewhere. That has to be the least expensive solution and the most straightforward. If you ultimately can't pass emissions tests in any one state, this makes them unviable for the US market. I am sure not everyone will be happy about that remedy, but money talks.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue