Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 08:30 AM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CPO Email

Got my email yesterday for my 2015 Cayenne. My 2013 Cayenne already has CPO warranty. I have used this for an engine oil leak problem, and I have owned several CPO cars from Porsche over the years.

I purchased a third party warranty from my Virginia Beach Porsche dealer on the 2015. I paid $2,500 for 75,000 miles and five years. I visited the dealership yesterday and asked for a refund on that. I have 3000 miles on the 2015 Cayenne over three months. After canceling this warranty, I will receive a refund of $2,300😀😀

So count me as a very satisfied 2 Cayenne Diesel owner who plans on keeping these for years to come. I am interested to see how the fix affects performance and mileage. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-20-2015, 01:11 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Great to hear you'll get a refund. I'm gonna call PCNA tomorrow to see what they'll do....

Last edited by shizzle; 12-21-2015 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:44 AM
m453w
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bella1
Got my email yesterday for my 2015 Cayenne. My 2013 Cayenne already has CPO warranty. I have used this for an engine oil leak problem, and I have owned several CPO cars from Porsche over the years.

I purchased a third party warranty from my Virginia Beach Porsche dealer on the 2015. I paid $2,500 for 75,000 miles and five years. I visited the dealership yesterday and asked for a refund on that. I have 3000 miles on the 2015 Cayenne over three months. After canceling this warranty, I will receive a refund of $2,300😀😀

So count me as a very satisfied 2 Cayenne Diesel owner who plans on keeping these for years to come. I am interested to see how the fix affects performance and mileage. Merry Christmas!
The notification I received for a 2016 was by snail mail. No email.
Old 12-21-2015, 12:39 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Just called PCNA this morning. So far, there is no plan to compensate those of us who purchased the Porsche extended warranty ahead of time. They're going to investigate and get back to me....
Old 12-21-2015, 05:50 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

On other related news, all the class action lawsuits seem to be headed to the federal court system in San Francisco:
http://www.hbsscreative.com/website_...sfer_order.pdf
Old 12-21-2015, 09:48 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

I have not received any communication from Pena on eithe my 2014 or 2015 diesel cayenne concerning extended warranty. I called my dealer and they no nothing about the program.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:49 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,789 Likes on 1,089 Posts

got email on my 2013. Great offer, my car car is ALREADY CPO. They didn't even bother to check vins against this. Ugh.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:53 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
On other related news, all the class action lawsuits seem to be headed to the federal court system in San Francisco:
http://www.hbsscreative.com/website_...sfer_order.pdf
Great.

Everyone start watching your junk email box on the address you provided when you bought your vehicle. You'll get an opt in notice as part of the class by email, but you won't have the opportunity to opt out electronically. Instead, you'll have to write a letter (hand written only; no typing), with the hand you don't normally write with, on a Tuesday and postmarked on a Friday only, and hop on your left foot to the post office to mail the letter (and hop home on your right foot only). You'll have to use ivory colored paper, green pen and a white envelope.

Any deviation from these instructions will be considered your positive, and irrevocable, affirmation of your desire to be a member of the class and to receive your key ring as compensation for this fiasco and to pay the attorneys $15 gajillion dollars for their efforts.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:29 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
Great.

Any deviation from these instructions will be considered your positive, and irrevocable, affirmation of your desire to be a member of the class and to receive your key ring as compensation for this fiasco and to pay the attorneys $15 gajillion dollars for their efforts.
Maybe it would be better to be a member of the class and then....keep objecting to the settlements? Isn't there a thread here regarding the "pipes" class action lawsuit in which one owner is holding the settlement hostage?
Old 12-24-2015, 03:41 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 451 Posts

Spoke to my dealer today and GM has gotten word that there likely won't be any release of the '16 CD's for sale anytime before the spring/summer. Doubts we'll see any '16 CD but Porsche will likely re-tool/reclassify them with EPA for '17 model. CD's have been removed from the website and production halted/diverted to other models. Still no word on how to flash all US cars with fix when approved which will take time also. So unlikely I will see my ordered '16 CD at all in the next 4-6 months at this rate. Post seems to hint the same.

http://autoweek.com/article/vw-diese...n=awdailydrive

Am being offered a good deal on another Cayenne model. May have to switch due to the uncertainty of when if ever my CD will ever be released.

Also more folks just joined the party...no way this will be resolved quickly now!

http://autoweek.com/article/vw-diese...n=awdailydrive
Old 12-25-2015, 10:43 AM
tmack2012
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello - many Canadians out there? I think I saw one post on this thread from a Cdn owner who received an email from Porsche Canada, copy and paste from Porsche N.A. president, with that email at least acknowledging there is an issue.
I have received zip for communication from dealer or Porsche Canada, which is odd because the local dealer has removed all CD's from their website, so they are beginning to address this issue but providing no communication to their customers?
We are original owners, purchased from the local dealer and I bought a Porsche extended warranty right off the bat.
Also not sure if there will be a "choice" on the part of the owner as to whether or not to institute the repair or not. We have no emissions testing in my province (unlike in British Columbia when we lived there in late '90s). I wonder how the repair could be mandated in my environment (unlike, say, in California where it sounds like you will not be able to register your vehicle without proof of the repair). Or if the dealer would just do the software changes when you take it in for some other reason and just do it. Or if I could tell the dealer to not do it.
Our local dealer and apparently Porsche Canada's approach seems disorganized, this late into the process. Not even a frikking email.
Doesn't even address compensation issues including how those of us who already paid for the Porsche ext. warranty out of the gate.
Happy Holidays everyone!
Old 12-27-2015, 12:57 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by gnat
I didn't reach out to them and contrary to the opening sentence I hadn't heard from them before on this issue. No snail mail info either and until I have hard copy proof I'm still filing this under cool, but not confirmed since I wouldn't trust an email to stand up in court
Got a hard copy of the email in the mail yesterday.
Old 12-27-2015, 02:52 PM
Rob VN
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also received the hard copy of the email yesterday.
Old 12-27-2015, 03:06 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,789 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Likewise. It reference a previous communication which I never got. Is there. A copy of that posted?
Old 12-27-2015, 03:10 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Likewise. It reference a previous communication which I never got. Is there. A copy of that posted?
I seem to recall someone posting such an email early on in one of the threads, I never got it myself though (or spam killed it before I saw it).

The hard copy is the important one though. Guess I've got till 2018 to keep planning out-of-warranty things to do to it

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue