Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2024 | 12:17 PM
Malmenator
Instructor

^^ How do you have yours tucked in the driver's side? I couldn't put mine under the steering column, so I have it in the passenger side underneath the carpet, which I currently don't like.
Old 03-18-2024 | 05:58 PM
Vit0
AutoX

Hi,
I was planning to buy Isudar, but after reading the forum I think I will end up buying Mr12Volt. I don't have a reversing camera in my Cayenne, so I would like to equip my car with this option. Have any of you been through this?
What does the image look like after turning on reverse with aftermarket camera? Can You share photo?
Is it possible to retrofit the car with 360 cameras?
Old 03-20-2024 | 05:27 PM
Phteven
Advanced

Originally Posted by malmenator
^^ How do you have yours tucked in the driver's side? I couldn't put mine under the steering column, so I have it in the passenger side underneath the carpet, which I currently don't like.
I used 3m double sided tape to keep it under the steering wheel. I also tucked the USB wire in between the panels so it's tight, and with a short USB C cable to reach the handle pocket. I'll post a pic later.
Old 03-22-2024 | 07:58 AM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by malmenator
I just tucked mine under the center console. Been there for months and no issues.
Old 04-08-2024 | 08:44 PM
slombard3000
AutoX

Originally Posted by Brent Davis
I installed my Mr 12 V last week in my 2016 Cayenne GTS. Everything went well, and appreciate all the posts that I read to help me decide on the Mr 12 V. Here's what I learned:
1. Getting the PCM out is easy.
2. I had a bit of a time sliding the PCM open to get the card in.
3. My PCM has the XM Sirius card, and I had to install on top. I only had 3 spacers to use and the Mr 1 2V card was a bit tilted.
4. It was a tight fit sliding the PCM back together, be careful with the ribbon cables - help them get tucked in
5. Doing all the cables was OK, you do have to pull the cap off the blue box fiber optic to plug the fiber optic cable into the blue box. Took me a few minutes to figure out.
6. I routed the cables to an opening right above the brake pedal. You open this opening by removing 1 screw and taking the black plastic panel off. The blue box fits nicely up there. This keeps the box from getting crushed if installed below the steering wheel stock
7. Everything works well, connects well, great sound
8. I have installed Bimmertech in a 2017 BMW x1 and had to take a bunch of parts of to get it installed - the Porsche Mr 12 V was much easier
I had same issue with the tight fit. is it still working? Also, my reverse cam doesn't come on. Do you know if it defaults to "gear" I didn't check before I pulled everything back out. :-(
Old 04-09-2024 | 10:10 PM
YaNi
Instructor

I ran into the same issue with the Sirius board. Should have read the entire thread and bought it from Roman...
I ended up buying a standoff kit on Amazon, which came next day. The height from the board to the top of the connector is ~21.9mm, so I used a combination to get 23mm. There isn't a great deal of clearance to the CD drive, so I opted to use the minimum required. Standoff threads are m2.5.

I put some felt sheets on the case and it fits underneath the radio. There is a foam block and I just wedged it in between the foam and the vertical brace. It's tight with all the cables, but it all fits and doesn't rattle.

So far I really like it. Boot time is much quicker than the BT audio and it actually remembers the previous source, so I don't have to press any buttons after I hop in.
The only improvement I'd love to see is using the wildcard button on the steering wheel for next track.

Last edited by YaNi; 04-10-2024 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-10-2024 | 01:30 PM
Kenrevo
Advanced

Is anyone using the new version with the OEM mic support? Is it as good as the PCM? Anyone know if it is a hardware change or new wiring?

The mic quality is my biggest complaint right now. I've used the standard mic and tried spicing in the OEM mic but neither are great. I try to use the PCM for calls but my phone always defaults to Mr12Volt and I have to manually change it on every call.
Old 04-10-2024 | 01:35 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kenrevo
Is anyone using the new version with the OEM mic support? Is it as good as the PCM? Anyone know if it is a hardware change or new wiring?

The mic quality is my biggest complaint right now. I've used the standard mic and tried spicing in the OEM mic but neither are great. I try to use the PCM for calls but my phone always defaults to Mr12Volt and I have to manually change it on every call.
If you want the pcm to handle calls make sure your paired story both and both are connected.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

FREE INSTALL KIT AND CAR CHARGER WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 04-10-2024 | 02:24 PM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

I have the original version, and both pcm and mr 12 volt are paired. Lately I am getting a delay when I call someone, the bluetooth shuts of for a second, then I can hear the person. Not sure what is going on, but it is annoying.
Old 04-10-2024 | 02:31 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by CarreraCup03
I have the original version, and both pcm and mr 12 volt are paired. Lately I am getting a delay when I call someone, the bluetooth shuts of for a second, then I can hear the person. Not sure what is going on, but it is annoying.
Try to Unpair and repair phone. Restart phone and pcm before pairing.
Old 04-10-2024 | 05:41 PM
Kenrevo
Advanced

It used to be fine and the PCM worked for calls, then that was happening to me a couple months ago and now I have to manually select the PCM for each call. It is very annoying; not sure if it makes a difference but I have an android. I have done resets and repaired on the phone but hasn't fixed anything. Is there away to removed the phone from Mr12Volt?
Old 04-10-2024 | 07:47 PM
YaNi
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kenrevo

I haven't used the Mr12Volt for phone calls, since my phone still connects to the PCM for voice calls. Using the OEM mic with android auto has been surprisingly excellent so far. 100% voice recognition for both text messages and finding locations on Google maps so far. I've been so accustomed to just ignoring the built-in voice recognition on cars, since it's mostly crap, but the AA/Carplay works really well.
Old 04-11-2024 | 11:51 AM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

yeah I tried this. So far the delay of connection when calling out and receiving is still there.
Old 04-11-2024 | 12:02 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

yeah I tried this. So far the delay of connection when calling out and receiving is still there.
I would try to pair a different phone and see if it's the same
Old 04-11-2024 | 02:20 PM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

I repaired several times, and it has been fixed. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration