Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2023, 04:50 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by lowmiler
I have also wondered if the cable between the camera and the PCM can handle higher resolutions.

I know there are some on here that have replaced the factory PCM with a newer aftermarket head unit which I would assume has higher screen resolution than the factory one. It would be interesting to hear and see what the picture is like on it when the reverse camera is activated.
Hello,

The camera feature on the mr12volt can handle any 720hd camera. I think much of our poor picture with factory camera is due to the Porsche camera, so an upgrade should make it clearer, The customers the usually install cameras are in the small body cars (caymen,911, etc) and ive yet to see a lot of feedback from them.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 03-15-2023, 06:19 PM
forbiddenbeat
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 126 Posts

Perhaps @NN. above can chime in with the aftermarket camera he's using.
Old 03-15-2023, 09:03 PM
NN.
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by forbiddenbeat
Perhaps @NN. above can chime in with the aftermarket camera he's using.
Since the installation of Joyeauto unit back in 2020 I use this camera
Amazon Amazon
The image quality is noticeably better than stock one especially at night. I had a slight problem with the lock wires connection. Although Cayenne 958 is in the list of comparable cars the plug from the car doesn't match the socket in the handle. At least that was the case in 2020. It was very unpleasant to discover this in the middle of the installation. If I remember right there are 3 wires you need to connect for the handle to work. Temporary I took female pins out from the plug on the car side, isolate each of them by heat shrink tubing and put them on the male pins in the handle socket. They go there very tightly so that temporary solution works for me already 3 years with no problem.

Also the units like Joyeauto and Mr12Volts give you the possibility to connect front camera. For the front I installed that one
Amazon Amazon
and I am very happy with it.
Old 03-15-2023, 09:21 PM
forbiddenbeat
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by NN.
Since the installation of Joyeauto unit back in 2020 I use this camera https://www.amazon.com/Reversing-Cam...s%2C231&sr=8-1 The image quality is noticeably better than stock one especially at night. I had a slight problem with the lock wires connection. Although Cayenne 958 is in the list of comparable cars the plug from the car doesn't match the socket in the handle. At least that was the case in 2020. It was very unpleasant to discover this in the middle of the installation. If I remember right there are 3 wires you need to connect for the handle to work. Temporary I took female pins out from the plug on the car side, isolate each of them by heat shrink tubing and put them on the male pins in the handle socket. They go there very tightly so that temporary solution works for me already 3 years with no problem.

Also the units like Joyeauto and Mr12Volts give you the possibility to connect front camera. For the front I installed that one https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/produc...e?ie=UTF8&th=1 and I am very happy with it.
Thank you! I'll grab a Mr12Volts and that camera and report back when my installer gives it a go.
Old 03-15-2023, 09:31 PM
NN.
Advanced

I didn’t mention this but to use an aftermarket rear view camera you have to pass the video cable from the trunk handle to the location of your CarPlay unit. It is not very easy job especially if you do it via factory channels but it is definitely doable.
Old 03-16-2023, 01:43 AM
TMC.
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

I wonder if there's a year the 958 got a better camera that can drop into a 958.1? The one in my 11 CTT is just about useless at night.
Old 03-16-2023, 01:46 AM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 346 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by TMC.
I wonder if there's a year the 958 got a better camera that can drop into a 958.1? The one in my 11 CTT is just about useless at night.
I think this has been covered before and I don't remember a solution. I could be wrong so you might want to do a search.
The following users liked this post:
TMC. (03-16-2023)
Old 03-16-2023, 02:20 AM
TMC.
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
I think this has been covered before and I don't remember a solution. I could be wrong so you might want to do a search.
I vaguely remember it too. I know on older C7s people have swapped the cameras with both newer ones and replaced the OEM Cameras with aftermarket. Next warm day, I'll poke around mine. You may be able just to get a new Camera into the stock housing.
Old 03-16-2023, 02:28 AM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 346 Likes on 241 Posts

I vaguely remember it too. I know on older C7s people have swapped the cameras with both newer ones and replaced the OEM Cameras with aftermarket. Next warm day, I'll poke around mine. You may be able just to get a new Camera into the stock housing.
That would be the route I would look at first.
Old 03-16-2023, 08:33 AM
NN.
Advanced

You may be able just to get a new Camera into the stock housing.
I think I've read somewhere years ago that it is possible to put 958.2 camera which is slightly better into 958.1 housing. Not that easy but can be done.

On the other hand if CarPlay unit is installed an aftermarket camera seems to be more logical solution. Especially in case somebody like myself wants also to add front camera to 958.1, the easiest way is to use video inputs in CarPlay unit which means the use of aftermarket cameras. You can either switch CarPlay unit to use video inputs which disables stock camera but gives you the possibility to connect aftermarket front and rear cameras, or to switch it to use stock rear camera, then front camera connection is not possible.
TMC. (03-17-2023)
Old 03-17-2023, 06:44 AM
snikwad
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Everyone that sells these things always shows screen shots and vidoes of the carplay connection.
How is Android Auto? thats what i want to know.

Is it wireless, how well does it work, does it crash a ton, is it glitchy, does it mirror?
downtroddengoat (03-20-2023)
Old 03-17-2023, 08:13 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by snikwad
Everyone that sells these things always shows screen shots and vidoes of the carplay connection.
How is Android Auto? thats what i want to know.

Is it wireless, how well does it work, does it crash a ton, is it glitchy, does it mirror?
Hello,

The original images on this year are all on Android Auto. If you have specific images you sold like to see I can create them for you.

Yes, we offer screen mirroring with the Mr12Volt in vertical and horizontal mode.

-Roman
Old 03-17-2023, 09:56 AM
snikwad
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
Hello,

The original images on this year are all on Android Auto. If you have specific images you sold like to see I can create them for you.

Yes, we offer screen mirroring with the Mr12Volt in vertical and horizontal mode.

-Roman
So those imagines you have in post #1 are from wireless Android Auto?
Old 03-17-2023, 10:53 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by snikwad
So those imagines you have in post #1 are from wireless Android Auto?
Those are Android images from my personal vehicle.
Nugget (03-17-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 01:03 AM
palomino6294
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Does it automatically switch to Android Auto/Car Play when starting the vehicle or do you have to manually switch to it?

Can I listen to FM radio or (native) SiriusXM but use apps like Google Maps in Android Auto?

Quick Reply: Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration