dholla
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-13-2024, 06:36 PM
Shadows89
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by forbiddenbeat
Another happy customer here! My only regret is not doing this a year ago.

My goal in installing the Mr 12 Volt was to fix that annoying bluetooth integration on the PCM 3.1, where it defaults to radio (usually with the volume too loud) and takes up to a minute to connect to the phone. This kit has solved that problem and then some – it boots right into Car Play, the audio quality is definitely better, and of course Car Play (maps, etc.) is so much nicer (and safer) than fiddling with my phone.

Was going to have a pro install, but after watching some Yotube videos I did it myself in an hour and a half. Here's a pic after testing the install, before reinstalling the vents. Thanks Roman!

I am also planning to undertake this project now that the weather is better. Which videos did you use as a reference?
Cheers
Old 05-13-2024, 06:39 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadows89
I am also planning to undertake this project now that the weather is better. Which videos did you use as a reference?
Cheers
While I don't have any videos as of yet, I do have lots of pics in our Facebook group. Very easy to walk through.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
The following users liked this post:
Shadows89 (05-19-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 07:41 PM
forbiddenbeat
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 122 Posts

Cheers
Here you go!
The following 2 users liked this post by forbiddenbeat:
Newegg (05-20-2024), Shadows89 (05-19-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 07:48 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by forbiddenbeat
Interesting. This kit came from me... Ive reached out to the channel and they have updated the link to my site. wohoo.

Last edited by Roman ACS; 05-13-2024 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-15-2024, 06:21 AM
Joostem
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
I have never seen this option in person. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with this.
I have to come back to my initial post I have the external TV tuner in the back of my car, managed to get Mr 12 volt to work but backup camera is coming in and out.

I have noticed that on the Mr 12 volt website they changed the description:

If the Porsche has OEM TV built in, we suggest not to purchase this product right now as the OEM rear camera will not function properly. Please wait for future updated product.

They didn't mention that before but confirms my case.

Issues I have so far:
- Backup camera is coming in and out
- front parking sensors are audible but screen is not changing to see the distance remaining
- I did a sound check and songs sound super flat, I have the burmester system and the PCM bluetooth audio sounds better than Mr 12volt.
- I bought the AA model which should support OEM mic but when I make calls there is a lot of echo and static noise. Ive tried already a couple of times to calibrate the echo out without result. Tried to use an external mic but it has the same issue.

@roman you have any ideas?

Thinking of switching to a different system... too many issues with this unit and Mr 12 volt support is not providing any support

Old 05-15-2024, 06:36 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Joostem
I have to come back to my initial post I have the external TV tuner in the back of my car, managed to get Mr 12 volt to work but backup camera is coming in and out.

I have noticed that on the Mr 12 volt website they changed the description:

If the Porsche has OEM TV built in, we suggest not to purchase this product right now as the OEM rear camera will not function properly. Please wait for future updated product.

They didn't mention that before but confirms my case.

Issues I have so far:
- Backup camera is coming in and out
- front parking sensors are audible but screen is not changing to see the distance remaining
- I did a sound check and songs sound super flat, I have the burmester system and the PCM bluetooth audio sounds better than Mr 12volt.
- I bought the AA model which should support OEM mic but when I make calls there is a lot of echo and static noise. Ive tried already a couple of times to calibrate the echo out without result. Tried to use an external mic but it has the same issue.

@roman you have any ideas?

Thinking of switching to a different system... too many issues with this unit and Mr 12 volt support is not providing any support

Hello,

I've not encountered a TV module before. You're the first to address this issue to me. I will ask them if there is any update.

Mr12volt uses the TV module channel in the pcm. This channel does not have permit the nose or burmeister sound processing, which is why it may sound flat to you. Like other systems you should use the included equalizer to change the sound in the car. There have been several posts about this recently here on rennlist.

Are you connected to pcm and Mr12Volt? Wifi and Bluetooth both on? You have turned on noise canceling in the menu?

What is your name and phone number. I'll make sure support hays back to you ASAP. They are usually available 7pm to 7am est. Odd hours but they are very good at what they do. They hopefully will resolve the parking sensor issues as well.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​
​​​​​​
​​​​
The following 2 users liked this post by Roman ACS:
Jasonbourne8642 (05-15-2024), lml999 (05-15-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 10:01 AM
Jasonbourne8642
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello,

I've not encountered a TV module before. You're the first to address this issue to me. I will ask them if there is any update.

Mr12volt uses the TV module channel in the pcm. This channel does not have permit the nose or burmeister sound processing, which is why it may sound flat to you. Like other systems you should use the included equalizer to change the sound in the car. There have been several posts about this recently here on rennlist.
​​​​​​
​​​
​​​​​​
​​​​
Do you have any good baseline settings for the equaliser with a Bose setup (I know it can be very subjective). Just looking for a starter for 10.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:16 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jasonbourne8642
Do you have any good baseline settings for the equaliser with a Bose setup (I know it can be very subjective). Just looking for a starter for 10.
I don't have settings. I'd love to work with someone with some audio gear like they are doing in the burmeister thread..
Jasonbourne8642 (05-15-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 11:50 AM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 236 Posts

I don't have settings. I'd love to work with someone with some audio gear like they are doing in the burmeister thread..
I have the equipment to measure and create recommended EQ settings from my home theater hobby but I have not used them in my 911 with Mr12Volt and Bermester yet. What is needed is a laptop, REW software (freeware), and a calibrated microphone (UMIK-1 for me).

In the interim, I have a quick way to get the sound pretty close to what I like. I'd rather not argue about what is "good" sound or what is the correct way to EQ for that sound. This is just a suggestion and it worked well for me.

I personally prefer neutral sound with a bump in the bass for lower level listening (I rarely listen loud to preserve my ears). A speaker that measures flat in an anechoic chamber will not measure flat in a room (or a car). So I shoot for a tilt in a measurement and then sometime bump the bass to taste and volume.

Here is my quick method:
Download a sound spectrum analyzer app for your phone. I prefer Spectroid on Android (can't speak to Apple).
Find a decent full spectrum sine wave sweep audio track. For example: https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=oy...IfulZlR-RPYkdZ
Sit in the car with the doors closed and hold the phone in the position of your head.
Set the app to record max hold.
Run the sweep.
Adjust the EQ little by little to achieve the measured result you prefer.
Here is what mine looks like with a little tweaking. I have bass levels boosted slightly and treble cut slightly and then a few tweaks in mid range to level it out. I had to trim a bit around 1000 Hz. I left all of the Q's at default relatively wide value as I did not want to mess with any narrow Q filters without REW and a proper measurement.

After this exercise I think it sounds pretty close to perfect given the constraints of a 911 cabin and the ~40hz that the Bermester drops off. I listen to an eclectic mix of music that includes a fair amount of EDM with lower than 40Hz. But other than that inherent weakness, the Bermester with this tilt sounds pretty good to me.

I still plan to do it correctly with REW but have not had time yet. Please note that every different type of vehicle and the audio system option will change what the settings need to be to achieve what you want. But my quick and dirty technique can get you close with no cost and minimal effort.

Below is the measurement result after a little tweaking. The red line is the max hold result which is what you want to use to tweak to get a flat response (or whatever response you prefer). The yellow line is the ambient noise level and can be ignore for this discussion. The blue dashed line is the trend of the measurement which is the typical sound signature that I prefer. YMMV

Jasonbourne8642 (05-15-2024)
Old 05-18-2024, 05:28 PM
Vit0
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to buy mr12volt and add a reversing camera immediately after installation. Do you have any recommendations that would make it look like the factory one in the rear hatch and also have good image quality?
Old 05-18-2024, 05:40 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Vit0
I wanted to buy mr12volt and add a reversing camera immediately after installation. Do you have any recommendations that would make it look like the factory one in the rear hatch and also have good image quality?
The rear can in my 2015 cayenne looks fine.the cameras in older cayenne dots not look as nice.

If going aftermarket, any 720ahd unit should work.
Old 05-19-2024, 10:41 PM
Shadows89
Instructor

finally did the process. I am at the step of checking the PCM. It looks like I have TV option but my screen is VERY dark, like 90% darkness... any tips?
Old 05-19-2024, 10:46 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

finally did the process. I am at the step of checking the PCM. It looks like I have TV option but my screen is VERY dark, like 90% darkness... any tips?
Something is not plugged in properly...
Shadows89 (05-20-2024)
Old 05-19-2024, 11:59 PM
Shadows89
Instructor

thinking the same. re doing the whole process now to see

UPDATE
Re did everything and now it's working it was probably the cables
Will do a more extensive test for all the functions this week.

UPDATE 2
TV source just turned all black. Not sure why. All other functions still work

Last edited by Shadows89; 05-21-2024 at 12:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration