Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 09:58 AM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts
Question heated steering wheel code - hotter?

Originally Posted by TMC.
... turn on the steering wheel heater automatically with the driver's seat...
Originally Posted by siberian
... remember to keep the heated steering and seat ON automatically....
Originally Posted by F SANE IL
I'll check today on x.431. While using PWIS II a while back, I did see this option.
anyone find any heated steering wheel code options? (in the Launch X431 and/or PIWIS)
looking for
1) auto on heated steering wheel with turn on heated seats from driver
2) heated steering wheel temp control (make it hotter)

could have swore I saw someone post some code to change the heat setting using a code writer
Old 09-20-2021, 10:02 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 315 Posts

Piwis needs a laptop, not tablet. You can get a used PC laptop relatively cheap. Check out Belauto on garageforum, he has different software versions and yes, the newer versions cover 992 and that's what dealers use-

Best,
JB
Old 09-20-2021, 12:18 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,304 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Thanx JB. I currently have an old PC running XP SP2 I use to run my VAG-COM program. Will it run on that?

siberian
Old 09-20-2021, 12:21 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by coffeeisgood
anyone find any heated steering wheel code options? (in the Launch X431 and/or PIWIS)
looking for

could have swore I saw someone post some code to change the heat setting using a code writer
I've been looking for that for a while but I haven't found anything on Launch. Pretty silly that it can't remember settings...

As to temp control I know you can do that on the third generation Touaregs via VAG-COM (alas I have a Gen 2 and this not supported), not found anything on Launch.

siberian
Old 09-20-2021, 12:49 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Ask Belauto what are the PC requirements on garageforum.org, he has a list of software options and promotions etc
Membership is free
You can also just go to the site and search Piwis, and the threads with info give you an idea of what's available
There's also good info on rennlist if you search Piwis. The main threads show how the systems and vendors evolved the last year or so. There are 992 owners discussing issues and options, etc
Also, not all Piwis versions have full development mode(E)
Grab a coffee, read the discussions of the last few months in the Received my Piwis thread and others, lots of info.

Best,
JB
The following users liked this post:
siberian (09-20-2021)
Old 09-21-2021, 04:48 PM
Gary958.2 S
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
Ok, this is the oil fill test for the launch... System selection > DME > special function > oil filling, then just follow the prompts.
I got back to this yesterday, and verified my particular version of Launch does not have the Oil Filling section in the DME -> special function area, and I looked in many other areas (e.g. maintenance instead of diagnosis) with no luck. My Launch is only a few months old, it's an X431 V, which I thought identical to the V+ but with a smaller 8" Lenovo tablet, saving a couple of hundred bucks. I've updated to latest firmware.... I wonder if it might be vehicle related? I tried running the car until the oil temp was hot enough to see the oil level on the onboard display, but no change to the X431.
Old 09-21-2021, 11:46 PM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 174 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by siberian
x431 Pro Mini and yes it's in English

siberian
Thanks for confirmation. I have a feeling it might get missing a file that takes care of this translation. I got a reply from support 1 day after sending in an inquiry. If they can't help by end of week, it's free to return to Amazon and I'll try another.

When I called the US Launch, they said that the version I have is non US and thus not sold here. I'm convinced that this is because anything that is "US" designated is castrated, so they probably take out the coding functionality (maybe). The others, non US certified are sort of like hacks. (Maybe I'm just over thinking it).

I'll look into Torque, but if it's more that $700, I'm not going that route. Plenty of people here have Launch and works fine.
Old 09-21-2021, 11:48 PM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by coffeeisgood
looking for

I didn't find it in x431 V when I had it, but 100% sure I saw it in PIWIS II when I borrowed that one.
Old 09-22-2021, 12:37 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by F SANE IL
Thanks for confirmation. I have a feeling it might get missing a file that takes care of this translation. I got a reply from support 1 day after sending in an inquiry. If they can't help by end of week, it's free to return to Amazon and I'll try another.

When I called the US Launch, they said that the version I have is non US and thus not sold here. I'm convinced that this is because anything that is "US" designated is castrated, so they probably take out the coding functionality (maybe). The others, non US certified are sort of like hacks. (Maybe I'm just over thinking it).

I'll look into Torque, but if it's more that $700, I'm not going that route. Plenty of people here have Launch and works fine.
From what I remember Torque is more than $700. Launch works fine on the 2020 Macan (just did my semi annual oil change and SRI) but just no support for 992s yet and no idea when. My suspicion is that the 992 will not be supported by the low end Pro Mini but one may have to cough up for the higher end models. I didn't get a reply from China on that FWIW, just my suspicion

siberian
Old 09-22-2021, 01:41 AM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 346 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary958.2 S
I got back to this yesterday, and verified my particular version of Launch does not have the Oil Filling section in the DME -> special function area, and I looked in many other areas (e.g. maintenance instead of diagnosis) with no luck. My Launch is only a few months old, it's an X431 V, which I thought identical to the V+ but with a smaller 8" Lenovo tablet, saving a couple of hundred bucks. I've updated to latest firmware.... I wonder if it might be vehicle related? I tried running the car until the oil temp was hot enough to see the oil level on the onboard display, but no change to the X431.
​​​​​​​That sucks Gary. I'm glad I went with 9k's recommendation (original poster) and got the launch x431 V+. Maybe you can return it and get the plus version? What is cool about the launch x431 V+ is that I can use it on other cars, and I do... I even loaded my KTM ecu app on it for tuning my motorcycles. Being a normal tablet I also downloaded all my workshop manuals on it. It comes in a semi rugged case so it's new home is in the garage.
Old 09-22-2021, 02:24 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

So what does it cover the Pro Mini doesn't? I would really hate to have to go buy a PIWIS but if they don't support 992s by the end of the year I'll be forced to...

siberian
Old 09-22-2021, 04:39 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

I've posted the Launch US site, for a little more money than a ROW V+ that does not do what the Torque does, you can get the Torque. For less money you can get a PIWIS III which is what I did.
Contact the site and ask for info. I spent a lot of time researching this and posted a lot of the info when I was considering the Launch Torque or Turbo. Lots of people wasted their time and money buying Amazon click bait ROW models.

Don't believe me, search Ferrari chat and Maserati, they all returned their non working units and got the Torque. Lucky new buyers get the Torque III, it recently came out. Not sure what advantages over the previous Torque version-
Launch has a lousy marketing strategy, few online vendors(I posted a trusted one) and I have no interest pushing their stuff, it's just that I spent quite a lot of time researching when I was gonna buy one. Don't buy the ROW models.

JB
Old 09-22-2021, 04:41 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Siberian, here's a 992 Piwis thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1206...l#post17681020

JB
Old 09-22-2021, 12:33 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thank you kindly Sir!

siberian
Old 09-22-2021, 05:43 PM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Quick update on my Amazon Diagun- I got a reply from seller, they gave me some steps to try, then told me to return. So today I shipped it back, 100% refund, no harm done. Waiting for Pro Mini to hit the flash sale again and I'll try that.

JB- I'm not ignoring your post, it's just that I'm not a shop that makes money to be wasting so much on the US version of Launch. Pretty sure the Ebay Launch works fine. Maybe not for newer cars, I'm at 2011.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion