Sponsored By:

Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 05:37 PM
9000RPM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by beanz2
I'll try (please don't hold me responsible if this messes up your Porsche)
Bold entry is a menu choice
Italicsis your input.

To activate your boost gauge:
Local Diagnose >
System Selection >
Instrument Cluster >
Code/brush Hiding >
Brush Hidden/Modified >
Search for Coding Items >
Enter: “boost
Select: Board computer menu configuration- Board computer menu configuration byte 0–Boost pressure >
Toggle to: “Active
Write Code

To change the range of boost pressure gauge:
Extended codings— maximum boost pressure for turbo >
Enter coding value desired (initial value 1.2 for Cayenne Diesel)
Write Code

To add accelerometers, steps as above up to:
Search for Coding Items
Enter “acceleration
Board computer menu configuration –-board computer configuration byte 5–lateral acceleration
Toggle to "Active"
Board computer menu configuration –-board computer configuration byte 5–acceleration
Toggle to "Active"
(I believe at this point you must click "Write Code" also)

I may have missed some details here, so forgive me.
This is how I think I did it.
Not a recommendation that you do it.
In fact, don't do as I did

Added to the ToC. Thanks!
Old 03-25-2021, 09:03 PM
aneki
Track Day

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default DIY - Coding Battery with ICARSOFT

Seeing as though there is constant confusion about coding batteries, I thought I would show it done with ICARSOFT seeing as though I only did it a few weeks ago, I did it again today with pictures ( I'm sure 2 weeks wont kill the battery)

So I followed the process using demo data that is not tied to my battery at all to show you only need to follow the numbering sequence and the only thing the system cares about is AH.

I had coded my battery using PORSCHE part number and serial before doing it this way and today I did it with garbage data.

Connect ICARSOFT to your car via OBD

Select Service

Select BMS

Press Next

Press Next

Select Vehicle (Cayenne)

Press F2

Press F2

Select AH of your battery Press OK

Select Battery Manufacturer ( my actual battery is a Varta, I selected MOLL for demo purposes )

Enter the Serial number of your battery as long as it's 10 digits it doesn't matter, I entered the demo data again for demo purpose.

Enter the Part Number of the Battery ( again demo data doesn't matter )

Confirmation Check press F2

Coded OK

Check the data in the GATEWAY and see battery has been coded using demo data ( I will code my battery back to what it was )

Data from my Battery, feel free to use it for coding your battery if you want

Hopefully this expels some of the myths with battery coding

Last edited by aneki; 03-25-2021 at 09:15 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by aneki:
9000RPM (03-25-2021), jishtu (07-28-2021), mikegally (11-10-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 10:32 PM
9000RPM
Racer

Originally Posted by aneki
Seeing as though there is constant confusion about coding batteries, I thought I would show it done with ICARSOFT seeing as though I only did it a few weeks ago, I did it again today with pictures ( I'm sure 2 weeks wont kill the battery)

So I followed the process using demo data that is not tied to my battery at all to show you only need to follow the numbering sequence and the only thing the system cares about is AH.

I had coded my battery using PORSCHE part number and serial before doing it this way and today I did it with garbage data.

Connect ICARSOFT to your car via OBD

Select Service

Select BMS

Press Next

Press Next

Select Vehicle (Cayenne)

Press F2

Press F2

Select AH of your battery Press OK

Select Battery Manufacturer ( my actual battery is a Varta, I selected MOLL for demo purposes )

Enter the Serial number of your battery as long as it's 10 digits it doesn't matter, I entered the demo data again for demo purpose.

Enter the Part Number of the Battery ( again demo data doesn't matter )

Confirmation Check press F2

Coded OK

Check the data in the GATEWAY and see battery has been coded using demo data ( I will code my battery back to what it was )

Data from my Battery, feel free to use it for coding your battery if you want

Hopefully this expels some of the myths with battery coding

Thanks! Added to ToC
Old 03-25-2021, 10:34 PM
9000RPM
Racer

If you wrote a guide and it's not listed in the first post, please let me know via a private message.

75+ pages is a lot to sort through.
The following users liked this post:
jishtu (09-16-2022)
Old 03-25-2021, 10:54 PM
beanz2
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, aneki. Did you install a non-BEM battery into yours?

How did get a battery part number of "7PP.915.10" on your iCarsoft POR V2.0 screen when your BEM Code reads "7P0915105C"? I can see the similarities in the digits, but did your iCarsoft automatically configured the digits to the correct sequence, inserting the dots and dropping certain numbers? I also notice that is also the same exact battery part number shown on Launch X431's Battery Change instruction screen:

And how did the Scanner Code "MLA188J00J" appear on your iCarsoft? Did you key it in or did it scan the QR Code on the sticker? Based on your BEM sticker, I would have entered "JCB1B3704B" or "JCB1B3704B " (with a space at the end to make it an 11-digit number)

It feels like there is some secret squirrel language or code I am not familiar with... LOL

Old 03-25-2021, 11:12 PM
aneki
Track Day

I didn’t scan the info from my battery I entered in the digits the same as the example given in icarsoft and entered them manually.

afterwards I re entered my details as follows

from my Bem code:

serial: JCB1B3704B (10 digit )
part#: 7P0.915.105 (11digit omitted the C as part ABC is just a revision of part#)

yes my new battery is a non bem battery it’s just a rebadged varta

Last edited by aneki; 03-25-2021 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:57 PM
beanz2
Track Day

I tried those numbers, but it still didn't work for me. Rats, but such is life.

I also attempted the battery change function on the Foxwell NT510 Elite and it also gave an error message ("Not a supported function!", it says.)
I think either the DieHard does not give the correct "signal" to the car (and aneki's does because it is a rebadged Varta) or there is something wrong with my car's electronics.

I wonder if I had attempted to change the battery serial number and part number before I took out the old Varta if the system would have allowed me to change the parameters.

As I said before, I'm out $200 on the DieHard, but the other $200+ I saved from not buying a battery from Porsche (any maybe plus 1/2 hour of labor charge) can certainly go toward another battery in a few years.

Back to topic. I also re-adjusted the turbo gauge upper limit to 1.8 bar as someone else in this thread says the Diesel turbo generates 1.8 bar maximum boost. Now the indicator sits nicely in the middle of the scale when the engine is off. I wonder if diesel engines do generate a manifold vacuum when coasting downhill? I guess I'll find out this weekend.

I also activated the teardrop function on the windshield wiper. I did not read the guide very closely and found some other entry about teardrop function, but each time it says, "This function is not supported", until I finally found the correct entry. If I recall, it was under Brush/code Hiding under Front End Electronics.

I wonder what other Easter Eggs are hidden in our cars?

Old 03-26-2021, 01:16 AM
aneki
Track Day

I just re read your previous posts when you entered in the serial 15 digits instead of a space you needed to add a / as indicated in the instructions.

I would have another go and just enter in the information your tool gives in the example exactly as it’s displayed.
Old 03-26-2021, 02:07 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 763 Posts

I tried those numbers, but it still didn't work for me. Rats, but such is life.

I also attempted the battery change function on the Foxwell NT510 Elite and it also gave an error message ("Not a supported function!", it says.)
I think either the DieHard does not give the correct "signal" to the car (and aneki's does because it is a rebadged Varta) or there is something wrong with my car's electronics.
Interesting - I wasted about an hour today trying. There is confusion in what the Foxwell reads and what it asks for in the instructions. It will ask for an 11 digit number, but if you read the stored data - it reads a 10 digit number. I tried using various codes for SN and PN - no success, but with a page by page photo by photo guide from Aneki I'll try again - maybe tomorrow. The iCarSoft battery routine is absolutely identical including grammatic errors to the one Foxwell uses - and I'd have to guess it all comes from Launch.

I wonder if I had attempted to change the battery serial number and part number before I took out the old Varta if the system would have allowed me to change the parameters.
A car starter battery has no intelligence - it's not capable of telling the tool what it's AH are or what it's serial number is. The system assumes some things about the battery like state of charge by reading the battery voltage.. But your results wouldn't have been any different with the Varta. Batteries are dumb.
I also activated the teardrop function on the windshield wiper. I did not read the guide very closely and found some other entry about teardrop function, but each time it says, "This function is not supported", until I finally found the correct entry. If I recall, it was under Brush/code Hiding under Front End Electronics.

I wonder what other Easter Eggs are hidden in our cars?
You found the teardrop function in the Foxwell? If so - I gotta go look for it.
Old 03-26-2021, 04:18 AM
beanz2
Track Day

Originally Posted by deilenberger
You found the teardrop function in the Foxwell? If so - I gotta go look for it.
Sorry, I went back to using Launch, but I saw a lot of the same weird use of English (Chingrish.LOL) like “Code/brush Hiding” in Foxwell too. I didn’t follow it up because I was focused on the battery registration. With the way intellectual property rights are in China, I wouldn’t put it past them to copy from each other.

Old 03-26-2021, 12:37 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Sorry, I went back to using Launch, but I saw a lot of the same weird use of English (Chingrish.LOL) like “Code/brush Hiding” in Foxwell too. I didn’t follow it up because I was focused on the battery registration. With the way intellectual property rights are in China, I wouldn’t put it past them to copy from each other.
I don't think it's just copying - I suspect somewhere the companies are all linked and sharing the same reverse-engineered code.
Old 03-26-2021, 02:25 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Just back from wasting another hour trying to code the battery - using exactly what Aneki showed above. "Not support function" was the result. Tried with the engine running, then with the engine off and ignition on. Same thing. Same message. It doesn't work on the Foxwell NT530. I'm guessing that the iCarSoft POR2 is using a slightly newer Porsche code. Very frustrating. I had submitted this as a "ticket" on the Foxwell supposed company website (where I bought mine) - no reply as of yet.
Old 03-26-2021, 02:34 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 346 Likes on 241 Posts

When I put my new odyssey battery in I just got close with the amp hours and called it good. The rest I just figured was for record keeping.
Old 04-12-2021, 12:15 AM
aneki
Track Day

Default Changing Start/Stop to last setting at startup

Credits to jjrichar@ planet9

i followed his post in regards to setting the start stop to last setting on startup for his 981 and tried it out on my 2011 Cayenne there was a couple of small differences in the menu.

the procedure is in the pictures below make sure you are in engineering mode on your PIWIS II or III

The last picture shows what the saved setting should be changed too, I took the picture after coding and testing it.

I have no idea if this will work for others or not but it worked for me.

Old 04-14-2021, 09:42 PM
runbuh
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 116 Posts

It feels like there is some secret squirrel language or code I am not familiar with... LOL
I've read most of this thread, but I may have missed some of what you've tested, so my apologies if you've already tried this. Have you tried going in via the "Special Function" from the first menu you hit after you do the "Automatically Search" step to identify the car, and then select "Battery Change" and go that route? I don't have a 958 to test with, but that's what shows up on my Macan.

Last edited by runbuh; 04-14-2021 at 09:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion