Sponsored By:

Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2021, 05:16 PM
Georg Johannessen
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RGTorque
so im curious about changing air suspension components. ive not had to use nitrogen in the shop before and wonder just how much its needed. for reference here is a Bilstein walkthrough that does not note anything about nox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufjtKa6_Lbg
yes, i have seen that video a couple of time. But note how they, several time, referees to the manufacturers installation guide. Luckily I have got hold of the manual. It’s about 11 000 pages, for the hole car 😂 it very much stats that nitrogen 5 is needed. Btw...nitrogen 5 is 99.9999 clean it’s the same type used in hospitals ect. Normal nitrogen, for industrial pressure testing is cheaper, but not so clean. Can contain moisture.

That having said..tomorrow, i will try to change both air suspension dampers rear including the valve block using the X431. I will try to give an update afterwards, if I succeed or not😅

about the amount needed. If the system is totally empty. You fill the accumulation tank up to max 17 bar, with a regulator. The you perform the filling sequence. The amount of nitrogen in the tank is enough to fill 2 dampers, 100%.

Last edited by Georg Johannessen; 06-04-2021 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:47 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 346 Likes on 241 Posts

Just so you guys know, I researched the difference between lab grade nitrogen and industrial nitrogen. Years ago there was a difference in the way it was filtered. But now it is all filtered the same. The difference now is the bottle the lab grade comes in and the paper trail associated with it. I don't know the difference in price between lab grade and industrial grade but I would not hesitate to use normal industrial grade that comes from the welding supply store. Probably easier to find too.
Old 06-15-2021, 02:08 AM
beanz2
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Launch battery coding breakthrough!

So, disappointed I wasn't able to code a new non BEM battery into my 2015 CD, I left a tepid feedback on Amazon where I bought the Launch X431. A few days later the seller sent me an e-mail to ask how he can help fix it. After a few weeks of going back and forth, mainly limited by my lack of personal time to tinker with the CD, they finally got me a coding sequence that seemed to work. I wrote "seemed" because I got a success code once and was not able to replicate it He asked for his engineers as to what battery code I wanted to enter and after doing a search on the internet, I found a Varta 95 mAh battery that I thought was close enough in capacity to my DieHard 100mAh battery. The problem is that I cannot find any confirmation that the programmed BEM and serial numbers are in the system. I'm too busy to tinker around with the Launch, but I remember seeing the original BEM and serial, but I haven't found the path back to it.

Anyways, this is what the Launch engineers told me to :follow

Manually Select > Macan > System Selection > Gateway > Special Function:Battery Change

serial number:205 VA03D6425QG
Porsche part number:000915105DL

Immediately afterward, I received some sort of message it was a coding success, but the message disappeared before I could take a screenshot. I did confirm with them that they want me to enter "Macan" instead of "Cayenne" and they said that was how their engineers debugged the serial and part numbers.

So if someone follows these steps, please be ready to take a screenshot of that elusive message.

This was the pic I used for the battery:
Name:  dQ0v4ZOh.jpg
Views: 1522
Size:  115.2 KB
Old 06-20-2021, 04:03 PM
cayo
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

this is my first post.
Until now i have made a lot of retrofit on bmw E,F,G models.
Recently i have buyed cayenne 958.2 model year 2017 with
adaptive xenon headlights. I am wondering if there is a possibility
to programming or encode the functionality for original LED
headlights without dealer car recovery.
Has anyone tried to do this retrofit ?
I do not have buyed yet the X431 + tool.....
Old 06-22-2021, 11:14 AM
9000RPM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Had some time to play around with it today. Here is where you go to activate a bunch of PCM options. Will need to enter the activation code.

I have no way of testing this. The only thing that interests me is the map update but I don't really use the system navigation to justify me buying that upgrade disc.

Report back if you do try to activate anything.
Old 07-07-2021, 08:37 AM
jojopp94
3rd Gear

Hello

I recently installed the chrono/stopwatch on a 2014 Cayenne. Previously had the flat dash. Plug in the connector the hands do the dance. Digital display within the clock doesn’t not come on.
The clock shows up on piwis but I do not know how to code/activate it, whether it is even possible.
Would I need to activate sport chrono on the PCM?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 07-07-2021, 10:43 AM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 174 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by jojopp94
Hello

I recently installed the chrono/stopwatch on a 2014 Cayenne. Previously had the flat dash. Plug in the connector the hands do the dance. Digital display within the clock doesn’t not come on.
The clock shows up on piwis but I do not know how to code/activate it, whether it is even possible.
Would I need to activate sport chrono on the PCM?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Yes, you'll need to enable in front end electronics=> dash. That will also turn on the light on the clock. After you're done enabling, go into the dash menu and check the box for chrono.
Old 07-07-2021, 12:15 PM
jojopp94
3rd Gear

Thanks for the reply.
Still a bit stuck. Managed to go into front end electronics, but can't find where to activate it. Went into developer mode but its all in German. Will it be under coding without rules?
Old 07-07-2021, 12:36 PM
jojopp94
3rd Gear

Managed
Thanks for the help
Old 07-16-2021, 02:24 AM
nvygw171
1st Gear

Is anyone in the portland area I could pay to turn on the pre-heat option on my 2015 cayenne e-hybrid? Would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-07-2021, 11:19 AM
Gary958.2 S
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by F SANE IL
I was looking for this and couldn't find it. I know PIWIS has this for sure. Also, I'm up on my oil requirement.
I also have a Launch X431 V and could not find the Oil Filling Function referred to by TwodollarDoug and also in the TOC at the first page of this post. Both users indicate that this function is in the DME system. I've looked high and low. The closest I find is the Oil Level sensor in the Oil Pressure section. That reading gives the oil depth in inches or mm and it is dynamic, so when you start the engine, it goes down as oil is pumped out of the sump. This reading does not provide the level or amount required to top off. If anyone with a Launch can advise the exact location of the Oil Filling section, that would be great. (per my name, I have a 958.2, 2016 Cayenne S
Old 09-07-2021, 04:47 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Give me a couple hours and I'll post directions.
The following users liked this post:
9000RPM (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 07:22 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Ok, this is the oil fill test for the launch... System selection > DME > special function > oil filling, then just follow the prompts.

Last edited by twodollardoug; 09-07-2021 at 07:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
clorigo (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 07:43 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

After the test it will tell you how much to top off. In liters if I remember correctly. This is by far the most accurate way to top off.

When I first got the car I was using the bars in the multi function display which worked ok. But not wanting to overfill I would add little by little until the top bar would light up. But as oil would burn the top bar would go out and I will add a little to get it to come back on. And every time I opened the hood to add oil I would have to drive around until the oil level display would reset. A real pain in the *** and clearly not the right way to top off.

Then, I got the launch and used the oil level measurement. In inches and/or mm or percentage I think. 200% is max (go figure).

After poking around with the launch I stumbled across the oil filling test. It is by far the best way. Not only does it tell you the true oil level, it let's you know how much to add to get to 200%. Since I have been using the oil fill test I have never had the top bar in the multi function display go out between oil changes.
Old 09-07-2021, 08:52 PM
9000RPM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

added to the ToC. thanks.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion