Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 02:09 PM
volcanogts
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by TMC.
Um, paid.
Do you now only have the sport chrono features in the cluster and pcm or did you swap out your buttons to get the sport plus button to work as well?
Old 02-12-2021, 04:16 PM
TMC.
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by volcanogts
Do you now only have the sport Chrono features in the cluster and PCM, or did you swap out your buttons to get the sport plus button to work as well?
I also swapped the buttons, but they're not all mapped correctly yet.
When I have time, I have to look into it more. I have a couple of ideas, but nothing concrete yet.
Old 02-12-2021, 04:32 PM
volcanogts
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by TMC.
I also swapped the buttons, but they're not all mapped correctly yet.
When I have time, I have to look into it more. I have a couple of ideas, but nothing concrete yet.
Im curious if you can get it working with what you have. Did you get the sport chrono activation code from one of the websites that generate the code, or did you buy it from the dealer parts dept for your vin?
I was researching this before and had started a thread on it. It seemed like you needed the activation code from a website who generated based on your vin for sport chrono in the instrument cluster and pcm like you have and show, and then also need to get the sport plus activation code from Porsche, and enter them both to have full functionality. I had seen that off you referred to in the last as well and my take was that there were two codes needed. Can you keep us updated on your progress or PM if you find anything or need any assistance?
Old 02-12-2021, 05:10 PM
TMC.
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by volcanogts
Im curious if you can get it working with what you have. Did you get the sport chrono activation code from one of the websites that generate the code, or did you buy it from the dealer parts dept for your vin?
I was researching this before and had started a thread on it. It seemed like you needed the activation code from a website who generated based on your vin for sport chrono in the instrument cluster and pcm like you have and show, and then also need to get the sport plus activation code from Porsche, and enter them both to have full functionality. I had seen that off you referred to in the last as well and my take was that there were two codes needed. Can you keep us updated on your progress or PM if you find anything or need any assistance?
You Know what? I got the two confused.
That's what I get for drinking and working on the car at the same time.
I purchased the Sport Chrono code but used the instructions for the sport plus.
Damn, now I"m wondering what the hell I did!

Old 02-24-2021, 01:35 PM
imalek
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello coders!

any idea how enable or disable the acknowledgment sound when the vehicle will be locked?

Cheers,
Old 02-24-2021, 04:17 PM
afriedrich
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by imalek
Hello coders!

any idea how enable or disable the acknowledgment sound when the vehicle will be locked?

Cheers,
I would be interested as well, so far there is a dongle on the market for that:
https://www.kufatec.com/en/coding-di...-porsche-44092
Old 02-24-2021, 04:56 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 135 Posts

My dealer was able to do this for the locking beep and the rear hatch sound on my '17 GTS. They did make me sign a safety waiver regarding the hatch.

Last edited by wkearney99; 02-24-2021 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-24-2021, 05:33 PM
imalek
Instructor

There must be a coding in the front end electronics or a key combination that enable or disable this option
Old 02-27-2021, 12:38 AM
jonUF02
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Anyone in Central FL area have the fancy coding x431? I definitely want to do some things. If not I may be offering services soon to cover the cost of the unit.
Old 02-28-2021, 04:41 PM
Chi-Town
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking to reset adaptives with the x431 v+

I found the tcm adaptives but not sure how to proceed as anything I try says failed?
Old 03-03-2021, 03:01 AM
imalek
Instructor

Default Disable learning feature

Hi everyone,

does anyone knows how to disable learning function for PDK, throttle and other functionnalities ?
is ithis possible with X431 ?

Cheers,
Old 03-04-2021, 11:43 PM
bryangroover
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 9000RPM
battery coding

I know there has been a lot of discussion of battery coding and that no one can get the iCarScan to work with it. Maybe we've been using it wrong the entire time. Instead of going into Special Functions, we need to go to the Gateway module and coding option. My battery is a little over 5 years old, so I'll be changing it soon and I bet this method will work. I'll report back!

Than you for this!
I have 958 that the dealer tells me needs a battery. And I have the iCarsoft.
Has anyone tried this?
If so, do we need a Porsche battery or will other brands work?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-05-2021, 12:39 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,327 Likes on 1,383 Posts

There is no such thing as a Porsche battery. Initially they used Bosch (when I had my 356SC) and then up to now Varta (don't know whether the new LiPo P04 are Varta as well or other brand). Since Vartas are hard to find in the US I've been using (and so has the VW/Audi/Bentley test center here) Interstate. It doesn't matter what brand it is as long as it's AGM (if that's what it calls for) and you take note of the serial number, Ah and Porsche Part number and enter those in the required field.

Don't have an iCarSoft so I can't help on that sorry.

siberian
Old 03-05-2021, 01:34 AM
bryangroover
3rd Gear

I would like to know this also.
Old 03-05-2021, 01:41 AM
bryangroover
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by siberian
There is no such thing as a Porsche battery. Initially they used Bosch (when I had my 356SC) and then up to now Varta (don't know whether the new LiPo P04 are Varta as well or other brand). Since Vartas are hard to find in the US I've been using (and so has the VW/Audi/Bentley test center here) Interstate. It doesn't matter what brand it is as long as it's AGM (if that's what it calls for) and you take note of the serial number, Ah and Porsche Part number and enter those in the required field.

Don't have an iCarSoft so I can't help on that sorry.

siberian
That's great news. Thank you!

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion