Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 09:43 PM
schernov
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 9000RPM
comfort entry windows up/down via keyfob coding

hotrod2448 and Eskimo1, this is for you. It was located in the front-end electronics module.

https://youtu.be/8jNqjudQneU

Hi all!
new to Porsche. Have a 2013 (late 2012 build date) cayenne with 6 speed. Just got one of them clone Chinese Piwis2 tools. Set up went well. Communicates.
I was able to configure Comfort Open for windows and sunroof. But Comfort close is NOT there. Is it because the car is set to US market? When I had a Saab that was the case and I had to change it to ROW(rest of world) to get access to comfort close.

Also the rain drop wipe option was not there either.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:46 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 346 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by schernov
Hi all!
new to Porsche. Have a 2013 (late 2012 build date) cayenne with 6 speed. Just got one of them clone Chinese Piwis2 tools. Set up went well. Communicates.
I was able to configure Comfort Open for windows and sunroof. But Comfort close is NOT there. Is it because the car is set to US market? When I had a Saab that was the case and I had to change it to ROW(rest of world) to get access to comfort close.

Also the rain drop wipe option was not there either.

Any advice would be appreciated.
If I remember correctly it's called tear drop wipe.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:47 PM
schernov
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
If I remember correctly it's called tear drop wipe.
can anybody show the path of that option in PIWIS?
Old 04-14-2021, 10:49 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Does piwis have a search function? If so try to search "tear drop".
Old 04-15-2021, 08:48 AM
andy matthews
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chrono Clock Coding - Cayenne 958 - Help

Hi all,

apologies if I am in the wrong thread but I need advice on coding in a new Chrono Clock.
Any help and advice is very welcome - not making a lot of progress with the dealer ...

Thank you !
Old 04-15-2021, 09:21 AM
runbuh
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 116 Posts

The first post in this thread has an index with links to known solutions. Here's the tear drop wipe:

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post16096304

In PIWIS, you're going to go to the Front End Electronics --> Manual coding, and find the WWS options ("find" means "scroll around").

Here's a little primer on using the PIWIS II:
https://www.planet-9.com/threads/piw...t-mode.238169/

Here's a video of getting to Rear-End Electronics and doing an automatic coding. I am pretty sure that you want to go to Front-End Electronics and do a Manual coding.

Last edited by runbuh; 04-15-2021 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:14 AM
schernov
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by runbuh
The first post in this thread has an index with links to known solutions. Here's the tear drop wipe:

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post16096304

In PIWIS, you're going to go to the Front End Electronics --> Manual coding, and find the WWS options ("find" means "scroll around").

Here's a little primer on using the PIWIS II:
https://www.planet-9.com/threads/piw...t-mode.238169/

Here's a video of getting to Rear-End Electronics and doing an automatic coding. I am pretty sure that you want to go to Front-End Electronics and do a Manual coding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCXT5zpQkDI&t=1s
Thanks. I will dig thru manual coding settings.
looks like Launch tool and PIWIS differ on how they expose those settings.
Also looks like PIWIS has some preferences under special category of "Customer set preferences" line - which was the case for Comfor Open. I bet comfort close is under manual coding.

By the way - if anybody needs access to PIWIS2 in chicago area - you are welcome to reach out and use mine. At your own risk of course. Either bring your own laptop with PIWIS software installed or you can use my full set up.
The following users liked this post:
Erich66 (02-01-2022)
Old 04-19-2021, 04:28 PM
imalek
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default K-number

Hi everyone,

anyone knows to what refers the entry called k-number in the instrument cluster? In the coding values, we can select multiple options of the k-number.

cheers,
Old 04-19-2021, 08:36 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by imalek
Hi everyone,

anyone knows to what refers the entry called k-number in the instrument cluster? In the coding values, we can select multiple options of the k-number.

cheers,
What is a k-number?
Old 04-19-2021, 09:24 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,304 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Originally Posted by imalek
Hi everyone,

cheers,
Post a picture please

siberian
Old 05-31-2021, 03:17 PM
Georg Johannessen
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello.

Been reading true this tread and i must say it amaze me

I have a question. I’m currently going to change my two rear air suspension dampers and valve block on my 2012 Cayenne diesel. I have the Lounch x431Diagun V.

I have ordered all the parts, including Nitrogen 5 for re filling the system.

Has anyone done the bleeding and refill of the air suspension system, with the X431, with good results? I see that there is an option for this in the “special function” tablet, but does it work just as good as the PIWIS 2.0 for this operation?

Would really like to know if someone have experienced this before, especially before i start to disassemble the system

Thanks

-Georg-
Old 06-02-2021, 01:13 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by Georg Johannessen
Hello.

Been reading true this tread and i must say it amaze me

I have a question. I’m currently going to change my two rear air suspension dampers and valve block on my 2012 Cayenne diesel. I have the Lounch x431Diagun V.

I have ordered all the parts, including Nitrogen 5 for re filling the system.

Has anyone done the bleeding and refill of the air suspension system, with the X431, with good results? I see that there is an option for this in the “special function” tablet, but does it work just as good as the PIWIS 2.0 for this operation?

Would really like to know if someone have experienced this before, especially before i start to disassemble the system

Thanks

-Georg-

Georg - no, haven't used the X431, but the Foxwell NT530/Porsche has a function allowing for pumping individual air springs gas back into the reservoir while you change the spring, and then refilling it from the reservoir. Sounds lots easier than having to do the nitrogen recharge to the system - if this function works on the Foxwell (I haven't tried it - I just saw it was available - with instructions.)
Old 06-02-2021, 01:32 AM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by deilenberger
Georg - no, haven't used the X431, but the Foxwell NT530/Porsche has a function allowing for pumping individual air springs gas back into the reservoir while you change the spring, and then refilling it from the reservoir. Sounds lots easier than having to do the nitrogen recharge to the system - if this function works on the Foxwell (I haven't tried it - I just saw it was available - with instructions.)
Don, if it's not too much trouble, could you post the instructions? Then I will see if I can translate them into the launch x431.
Old 06-02-2021, 02:33 AM
Georg Johannessen
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by deilenberger
I have all ready purchased the nitrogen. This needs to be changed, actually all of it, to remove remaining moisture within the system after the leaks. The problems with these Cayennes is that when the Nitrogen is all leaks out, the compressor starts pumping in normal air instead og using the accumulated Nitrogen from the tank. Don’t know where your located in the world, but here inn Norway where we have a **** load of cold clima during November and April, and the biggest problem with cayennes is the Air suspension when cold. I could have written a novel about this, but to be short. When a leak accurse and there's moist come in the system, everything freezes. The compressor starts to overhead when trying to operate and again the fuse shuts.

So, in other ways, i have to refill the system. I'm even changing the valve block. Read, on page 30 ore something, that some one was asking the same question as me. looked like nobody had ever dared to play around with the air suspension. Fear enough Totally understand that.
The main reason i ask is that I'm going to change my dampers this weekend and i just borrowed the X431 Diagun V from my father in law. He doesn't have any experience with it, so I'm on my own. Original plan was to use the Autel Masisys Ultra. But the guy who rents it out, well, he's down a rough path right now.

Old 06-04-2021, 03:18 PM
RGTorque
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

so im curious about changing air suspension components. ive not had to use nitrogen in the shop before and wonder just how much its needed. for reference here is a Bilstein walkthrough that does not note anything about nox.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion