Sponsored By:

Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 06:10 PM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 174 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by siberian
If I understand you correctly, if the item/parameter is (in the case of the example above) under Security Access then there's only one password that accesses all (I would guess there are over 50 parameters) within that "purview".

A word of caution, in certain cases (such as the SKC, Kessey etc.) you only have ONE chance to enter the correct code. If it's not what it expects, it locks everything up and the car is then totally immobilized. The secret codes for other blocks are of course different. HTH

siberian
My bravery and optimism are now in the grave.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:19 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,304 Likes on 1,370 Posts

No sh*t, if you pardon my French. You really, really, really need to know what you're doing when going into those secret chambers...
siberian
Old 10-07-2020, 06:29 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by F SANE IL
My bravery and optimism are now in the grave.
Remember Lt. Worf's famous words "Today is a good day to die, let's do this" , what could go wrong???

siberian
Old 10-08-2020, 06:56 AM
imalek
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi everyone,

any ideas on how to clear the autolearning for the gear ?
Old 10-12-2020, 06:30 PM
don16
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

So what's the cheapest diagnostics I can get to code all these options?
Old 10-12-2020, 06:46 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I don't know, what's the length of a piece of string?

siberian
Old 10-12-2020, 07:53 PM
imalek
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi everyone,

what is the equivalent model from Autel that can do the same coding?
Old 10-13-2020, 02:33 AM
rainer
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by siberian
I don't know, what's the length of a piece of string?

siberian
The following 2 users liked this post by rainer:
Eskimo1 (10-16-2020), TMC. (10-27-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 02:38 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

You get partial credit for that. The actual answer is of course: "twice as long as half it's length". Given the initial vagueness of the question, however, 42 also has merit as a possible answer, and obviously a person of culture and well read. Well done Herr Rainer

siberian
The following users liked this post:
rainer (10-13-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 05:53 PM
volcanogts
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Hey everyone, I am working on a heated steering wheel retrofit in my ‘16 cayenne. I have the new clockspring and heated wheel installed but I am
getting function inactive errors.

I am wondering if anyone who has a launch scanner AND a heated wheel in their Macan/cayenne/panamera could take a screenshot of a specific screen and upload or message me with it please? If anyone is willing to help, could you please message me and I will send a path to get to the screen I am talking about.

Basically all is done and coded, but it is not activated. I am wondering if all activation codes are the same for heated steering wheels or if they are all different. If they are all different I think I need to find a steering wheel control module that is already factory programmed for heated wheel with regular cruise, with multi function, with rear wiper, with blah blah blah. My exact spec Cayenne plus heated wheel basically.
Old 10-13-2020, 08:11 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

OK, I'm going from memory when I installed that on my 08 VW Touareg, in addition to the clockspring I also needed a steering angle sensor and that had to be re-calibrated. As far as the coding, yes you need to enable that circuit and I would assume that enabling that circuit is the same for all heated steering wheels since it's a common interface. Lastly and sorry for asking but...you did connect the hot wire from the new steering wheel right, not just the airbag one right? What exactly do you mean by "it's all done and coded"? From that I would assume you changed the code by activating the circuit but since you get an inactive it looks like you didn't connect the wire.

siberian
Old 10-13-2020, 09:45 PM
volcanogts
Rennlist Member

Hey Greg, I remember when I had my Touareg 3 TDI we communicated quite a bit on club Touareg. Have seen you over on Macan Forum a bit too, glad to be back in touch with you again.

On the Cayenne, all clockspring shave a connector that the heated wheel would plug into but they don’t all have the 2 actual pins. I bought a used clockspring and complete stalk setup off eBay. There is power pre wired to the clockspring for the heated wheel. I swapped in the new clockspring with heated wheel pins in the connector, I bought a heated wheel switch and a heated wheel. Swapped all my trim over, plugged in the heated wheel to the power source on the clockspring, plug the heated wheel switch connector into the new switch, and plugged the heated wheel wires into the steering wheel control module.
I bought just a heated wheel, leather and metal stripped down wheel. I used my trim and my non heated control module.

Once I had everything plugged back in and battery back on, you are correct I had to sort out the errors, recalibrate the steering angle sensor which is part of the clockspring module in this setup and I thought I was good. I coded the steering wheel control module, but it does not show as being active. I did confirm all necessary wires were plugged in.

I think this is like other porsche items, like say on my 17 Macan GTS, it didn’t come with carplay, I bought an activation code from Porsche and had the dealer “install” it, which is just plugging in the activation code apparently.

I may also try to source a used steering wheel control module from a cayenne or Macan with my options plus heated wheel to see if that will work.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:34 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

My cover has been blown....

Let me think on this for a bit

siberian

PS Nice to link up again! Amazing folks I've met end up here from audizine, clubtouareg...folks are "stepping up"; though no t sure I would call a Cayenne a step up from a Touareg
Old 10-13-2020, 11:02 PM
volcanogts
Rennlist Member

Lol, I am loving it so far. I had my 11 Touareg TDI and my mk5 GTI and was happy. VW bought back my Touareg and I had a pile of cash and just the GTI. Bought a brand new 2017 tacoma trd pro 6 speed, hated it, sold it to carvana after a few months and bought a 2017 Macan GTS. Thought it would be the perfect mix of GTI and Touareg, but it wasn’t. I missed the Touareg. I was going to get another one but got told by the other half go for something different. Got the Macan GTS and loved it at first but grew to hate it with numerous problems and being at the dealer for months on end, along with putting a ton of money down and a huge car payment, it wasn’t worth it. One day in July I had a bad day, my pup was going through anaphylactic shock, couldn’t breathe and I was rushing her to the pet ER when the Macan had a hissy fit again and wouldn’t go. It finally decided to move on its own power again, I got her there, got her all set, and brought the Macan to the dealer the next day and told them I was good. They bought it back, and I bought a 2016 Cayenne GTS outright, no more loan and a great car.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:23 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I am NEVER selling my V8 Treg, I've just modified it so much and few in the class can tow 7,700 let alone a 747 as seen on youtube (the mighty V10 TDI). Sold the wife's V6 FSI Treg and got her a 2020 Macan S as I couldn't continue to reverse engineer things like blind spot monitoring I'd have to dismantle half the car. So the Macan is good for her, my V8 Treg is great for me and for my late life crisis I'm speccing a 992C4S. And yes, I'm still hundreds of miles from dealers and at 70 I still do all my own work.

Give me a couple of days as I'm in the middle of winter changeover (oil, filters, tires etc.) and let me see if something pops into the old mind. BTW you might want to revisit the archive on clubtouareg as to what I wrote when I did the install years ago. Yes, I know it's a VAG-COM and not a Launch, but maybe something will trigger based on what you did.

Cheers

siberian

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion