Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 11:20 PM
jeebus31
Three Wheelin'

Received 422 Likes on 233 Posts

Yes all the cables are connected appropriately both on the wheel and the new clockspring. The ECU recognizes input from the cruise control stalk. All the buttons actuate as they are meant. But there is no cruise control sign in the small navi screen after replacing the old clockspring with a new heated clockspring. I tried to enable cruise control in the coding screen but still nothing. A little puzzled. I guess I can try to swap in the old clockspring and see if the cruise control returns.
Old 03-06-2022, 12:41 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,304 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Try and compare the two and see if there are any salient differences.

PLEASE use caution when working with the airbag and note (in case it's the same as on the Touareg) the center nut can only be re-used 5 times I believe before it has to be replaced. Lastly ALWAYS face the airbag up when resting on the floor.

Keep us posted please, GL

siberian
Old 03-06-2022, 02:57 AM
rainer
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

You might have an issue with the small ECU located inside the steering wheel. In my case I had to change it for a new one when retrofitting a heated wheel, even though parts nr was the same.
I changed the clockspring 2 times (without any need) for a heated version and searched endlessly just to find out the small ECU was the issue. It did not display proper actual values

If cabling and ECU are ok, you might try the following:
- check your VO if all options such as heated steering, cruise control are set to your current HW config
- let Piwis auto code your steering wheel ECU. It takes the to-be values from VO, so in case you messed up coding manually, Piwis will correct it
- last - your dash cluster is involved as well, so you might check if you screwed anything there ? Normally no need to code anything there for a heated steering retrofit…
Old 03-06-2022, 06:19 PM
don16
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jeebus31
I retrofitted a heated wheel into a 2016 base cayenne, which is working (got the code from code-porsche). However, for whatever reason, start/stop has been deactivated (get a message when starting the car) and unfortunately cruise control has stopped working as well. I wonder if I messed something up while coding in the heated wheel a couple months ago. I did purchase a new (not used) clockspring with the heating element for the heated wheel retrofit. Wondering if anyone has any insight - do I need to get a code for cruise control too? Is there a way to code in the VIN to the clockspring? Thanks!

FWIW I have a C11006 error in the steering wheel electronics module which I take to mean that coding is not correct.

Edit: I have the Launch x431 pro-s for coding.
Did you perform steering angle calibration? Where you set it in Piwis then turn steering all the way one way until it can't turn any more and beeps and do the same in other direction?
Old 03-06-2022, 07:10 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Real simple, same as on Touareg except for the beep.

siberian
Old 03-07-2022, 04:59 PM
jeebus31
Three Wheelin'

Yes, I had done the steering angle calibration. The PSM would trip a code if the steering angle wasn't initialized.

So I played with the coding a bit more today. I was able to get the auto start/stop to come back online by using the "module replacement" option, but unfortunately no such luck with cruise control.

The DME gave me a "function restriction" code while steering wheel electronics said there was an open circuit in the speed limiter change over button. Again all the cruise control stalk buttons were giving the correct responses on testing.

Once I swapped back the old clockspring, everything went back to normal. No DME codes, no steering wheel electronics codes, and the start/stop and cruise control are working as intended. Maybe the new heated clockspring I bought is slightly faulty?

Old 03-07-2022, 08:23 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Could be as I'm not sure there's anyway to test it. Can you return or swap it from where you bought it?

siberian
Old 03-07-2022, 10:15 PM
jeebus31
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by siberian
Could be as I'm not sure there's anyway to test it. Can you return or swap it from where you bought it?

siberian
I think I will wait until my wife complains about having cold hands again.

The amount of time and money I spent on Porsche clocksprings over the past year+ is embarrassing to admit.

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. This is a great thread.
Old 03-07-2022, 10:38 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Trust me, been there done that on my Touareg when telling a parts dept. that what i need is this clockspring serial and they send y so that I end up up with a car with no steering wheel for near 3 weeks... but for where I live, it's not even a point of discussion, it's a NEED not bling... GL and keep us posted

siberian
Old 03-12-2022, 08:08 AM
K-Dog
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone used the Launch X431 Diagun V? Does it have the same functionality as the Pro but just a smaller form?
Old 03-12-2022, 10:44 AM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by K-Dog
Has anyone used the Launch X431 Diagun V? Does it have the same functionality as the Pro but just a smaller form?
I believe it has "less functionality" according to the company, but not really sure what that means in the real world. They don't specify what is missing related to other options.
The following users liked this post:
K-Dog (03-12-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 07:37 PM
TMC.
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by K-Dog
That's the one I have.
I haven't found one thing I couldn't do with it.
I even added Sport Chrono with it, it had a place for the activation code.
I think it's the best bang for the buck (at least when I bought mine)
The following users liked this post:
K-Dog (03-12-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 08:49 PM
Windjammer
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone have thoughts on this scan tool? Looking for something that will do coding but the latest reviews aren’t very good. Thanks
Amazon Amazon
Old 03-12-2022, 10:19 PM
TMC.
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Windjammer
Does anyone have thoughts on this scan tool? Looking for something that will do coding but the latest reviews aren’t very good. Thanks
https://www.amazon.com/LAUNCH-DIAGUN...ps%2C95&sr=8-3
That's the one we're talking about. I've had mine for two years.
Old 03-13-2022, 04:31 AM
Cristian Falvo
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jeebus31
I retrofitted a heated wheel into a 2016 base cayenne, which is working (got the code from code-porsche). However, for whatever reason, start/stop has been deactivated (get a message when starting the car) and unfortunately cruise control has stopped working as well. I wonder if I messed something up while coding in the heated wheel a couple months ago. I did purchase a new (not used) clockspring with the heating element for the heated wheel retrofit. Wondering if anyone has any insight - do I need to get a code for cruise control too? Is there a way to code in the VIN to the clockspring? Thanks!

FWIW I have a C11006 error in the steering wheel electronics module which I take to mean that coding is not correct.

Edit: I have the Launch x431 pro-s for coding.
hello you can attach the link of the site that produces the porsche-code, because I need the 16-digit one for the Chrono watch by putting my VIN
thank you

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion