Sponsored By:

Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 04:12 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
This might be worth posting in the macan forum. I bet those guys would be interested in this information.
Good idea.... I might start a new thread over there and link back to this one, and then let them run with it.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:03 PM
danielcooper9
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I've got a brand new Macan with less that 1000 miles on it as a loaner while they fix my coolant leak, and I did a test scan with my x431 to see if it would work...

Dollarlongnecks, I need to find out how you guys do quotes, however, that is really interesting. I contacted them last week and they told me it wouldn't support the 2019 and newer Macan. I would be very interested in knowing if you are successful in coding, resetting service lights, etc.. I've been holding off buying this. We intend to get a newer Macan or Cayenne to upgrade from our 958. In the meantime, I have some issues I need to fix on our current Cayenne (e.g. I'm not getting hot air out of the driver side and want to trouble shoot the various blend doors) but I wanted to get a system that would support the newer models. I also am under the understanding that it won't work for my 996.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:48 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by danielcooper9
I've got a brand new Macan with less that 1000 miles on it as a loaner while they fix my coolant leak, and I did a test scan with my x431 to see if it would work...

Dollarlongnecks, I need to find out how you guys do quotes, however, that is really interesting. I contacted them last week and they told me it wouldn't support the 2019 and newer Macan. I would be very interested in knowing if you are successful in coding, resetting service lights, etc.. I've been holding off buying this. We intend to get a newer Macan or Cayenne to upgrade from our 958. In the meantime, I have some issues I need to fix on our current Cayenne (e.g. I'm not getting hot air out of the driver side and want to trouble shoot the various blend doors) but I wanted to get a system that would support the newer models. I also am under the understanding that it won't work for my 996.
I'll do some playing to see if I can clear the codes that currently exist, and I may see if I can adjust a setting somewhere and put it back, but I don't want to risk screwing anything up, so my testing will be limited.

But even if it doesn't work fully now, the device comes with 2 years of free updates, so I'm guessing that functionality will be added as Launch adds new vehicles and features.

Also, here's the compatibility list, and it appears that the 996 is covered: https://qcar.x431.com/newqcar/
Old 12-21-2019, 06:49 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 614 Likes on 470 Posts

I use it on my 996s with no issue.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:35 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 243 Posts

I remembered what I want to try next. One touch for the seat memory buttons. It's kinda sucks to have to sit and hold the button the whole time while the seat is getting into position. I did find that if I press the unlock button on my key fob it will start to adjust the seat when I walk up to the car.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:51 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

OK, just got done coding some features that weren't originally coded - turned-on the boost guage and change the max value, so that's a good sign.

I was also able to clear all the stored fault codes.

There are tons of settings for the service intervals, and resets for the regular, intermediate and oil service.

It actually appear to have a lot more features that I've seen with my Cayenne.
Old 12-21-2019, 11:35 PM
Willy07
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Really great thread , with lots of user support !
i am not to familiar with Cayenne ( have a Macan with Air suspension )

Has anyone been able to lower their Cayennes with X431 ?
thank you
Old 12-23-2019, 07:01 PM
Willy07
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Anyone able to adjust Aor suspension with X431 ?.
Old 12-26-2019, 03:10 PM
danielcooper9
Racer

Just purchased the x431 +. The coding features are cool, however, I would be even more interested in creating or finding diy's for trouble shooting error codes and performing other functions like activating the ABS to flush. I have two issues that I am trying to address;
1) I'm only getting cold air out of the left side of the car while the right side is blasting hot air (I assume to try and make up for the lack of heat on the drivers side). I see the option to activate the various blend doors, however, the next screen shows the position limit that you want to actuate and the time. It's not really clear to me when I run these activations if the door flapper is moving or not. I'll try and do this with the car running to see if I can hear the motor running the blend door or any change in heat but I thought this would tell the user if the blend door actually activated or not.

2) My passenger rear door lock is not working. It won't unlock when unlocking all the other doors. I get an error code but that error code basically says it could be a short, the control module might be bad or the door lock actuator might be bad. Now I'm trying to figure out how to trouble shoot which so I'm not buying parts just to try and see if it fixes it.

I have not found anywhere on rennlist or renntech a compiled listing of diy fixes using these code readers and the units are not always the most straightforward to use. Presumably Porsche techs are trained on PWIS and how to do these types of things. Would love to find a resource that I could learn from.
Old 01-01-2020, 11:42 AM
danielcooper9
Racer

This is part of a separate post I put up but haven't got any responses yet. Can one of you guys/gals with the X431 run the menu option "test run all Lin Servo motors" in the air conditioning section of the menu. It is simply supposed to cycle each of the various door flaps controlling temperature and air flow. When I run this test, it does not seem to work. Since I'm having problems with my hvac section, I'm just trying to figure out if the X431 isn't doing this test correctly, I'm not doing something correctly, or this is part of the problem I'm having with the car (maybe control module problem?). I appreciate any help trying to figure out how to activate the flapper doors using this unit.

Dan
Old 01-01-2020, 12:50 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

This is part of a separate post I put up but haven't got any responses yet. Can one of you guys/gals with the X431 run the menu option "test run all Lin Servo motors" in the air conditioning section of the menu. It is simply supposed to cycle each of the various door flaps controlling temperature and air flow. When I run this test, it does not seem to work. Since I'm having problems with my hvac section, I'm just trying to figure out if the X431 isn't doing this test correctly, I'm not doing something correctly, or this is part of the problem I'm having with the car (maybe control module problem?). I appreciate any help trying to figure out how to activate the flapper doors using this unit.

Dan
If I get the opportunity I'll see what kind of results I can get out of the servo test and I'll let you know.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:25 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Dan
OK, I ran the test and everything was successful... Here's the steps I took:
  • Started car and let idle, made sure hvac was off
  • opened that servo test, and pressed the start activation button at the bottom
  • waited a few seconds then I started hearing the servos doing their thing
  • test took about 20 seconds or so, the servos stopped and the screen changed to show completed successfully
So the function appears to work as far as I can tell.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:25 AM
danielcooper9
Racer

Thank you for running this test for me! Do you happen to recall the values that you got back under the values column for each of the servo's? When I ran the test, I got either a 0 or Unsuccessful reported. I will retry making sure that I have all hvac systems off (I'm not 100% that I checked all of that).
Old 01-03-2020, 10:42 AM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Thank you for running this test for me! Do you happen to recall the values that you got back under the values column for each of the servo's? When I ran the test, I got either a 0 or Unsuccessful reported. I will retry making sure that I have all hvac systems off (I'm not 100% that I checked all of that).
Everything stayed at 0 but the "unsuccessful" ones turned to "successful"

Old 01-04-2020, 09:48 PM
9000RPM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
I finally have one to add. The automatic door lock is set to 5 kh. I set mine to 10 kh. Every time I back my car down the driveway to pick up my wife by our front door the auto lock would lock the doors. Then I have to fumble around to find the unlock button. Not cool especially in the rain. This did the trick. It is in front end electronics, general parameter.
Thank you for this. I added a link to it in the first post.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion