Sponsored By:

Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 08:54 PM
MayorMcCheese
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dollarlongnecks
When you put these aftermarket headlights in, do they come with their own ballasts, or do you take all the electronics off the existing unit?

I know the headlights have controllers that have to be programmed to the vehicle, but if you aren't replacing those I'm not sure what would cause those errors... When you put the aftermarket headlights in originally did you have similar issues?

And to answer your question, I'm not sure, as it likely depends on what kinds of answers you provide here..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2014-P...595c%7Ciid%3A1
These were the headlights I bought in 2017 for my cayenne and they worked flawlessly but about a month ago i shorted something with my headlights and i ended up purchasing these headlights a 2nd time. never had an issue with the first ones and I carried over the OEM Ballast, Aftermarket HID bulb cornering light and aftermarket high beam.. Low beams work perfect high beams work perfect.. Cornering lights dont work and they do not swivel with the steering wheel.

Little while ago I played with them using my Launch X431 from 2017 running 23.20 Software and I tried playing with all the settings for headlights and could not succeed with anything.

What inputs are you putting in to code for LED for the headlights? I tried figuring it out using my older X431 but didn't figure it out. Only DTC I got was "87090E Dipped Beam Left Faulty" & "870A0E Dipped Beam Right Faulty"

Old 12-08-2019, 11:45 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

TBH it sounds like there may be some issues with the new headlight units. Considering you didn't have issues with them the first time, and didn't have to program them back then... What has changed?

And considering you already have an x431 device, you are probably more versed in this area than I am, as I don't have these headlights, and I'm not coding any LEDs - I'm just looking at this from a normal troubleshooting perspective.

Also, I doubt there have been may changes to the software related to the headlights in the last 2 years, so the functionality you have likely hasn't been expanded.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:20 AM
sterod
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

A couple settings I am looking to find but haven't yet (possibly don't exist)

1) Enable Dyno "Roller Mode"
2) Automatically turn on heated steering when when heated seats activated
3) Save heating/cooling seats activation to Key preset
Old 12-11-2019, 08:21 AM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 174 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by sterod
A couple settings I am looking to find but haven't yet (possibly don't exist)

1) Enable Dyno "Roller Mode"
2) Automatically turn on heated steering when when heated seats activated
3) Save heating/cooling seats activation to Key preset
#2 is definitely possible, it's in front end electronics I believe

I get #1 point and goal but #3 doesn't register
Old 12-11-2019, 08:25 AM
sterod
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by F SANE IL
#2 is definitely possible, it's in front end electronics I believe

I get #1 point and goal but #3 doesn't register
I took a look at front end electronics and couldn't find it. Do you know exactly what section and what the setting is called?

For #3 I would like it if the key could remember whether or not the seat heating and cooling was activated and save it so that when the car was started it would for example turn on the heated seats automatically.​​​​
Old 12-11-2019, 10:22 AM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

...For #3 I would like it if the key could remember whether or not the seat heating and cooling was activated and save it so that when the car was started it would for example turn on the heated seats automatically.​​​​
I don't think that's possible actually. I did see some "short term memory" items that may allow these to remember their state for a few minutes between stops, but I don't think it's something that can be set to always be on.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:28 PM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

I took a look at front end electronics and couldn't find it. Do you know exactly what section and what the setting is called?

For #3 I would like it if the key could remember whether or not the seat heating and cooling was activated and save it so that when the car was started it would for example turn on the heated seats automatically.​​​​
Hmm.... maybe i mixed it up with another one. also check cluster coding, Gateway, Steering wheel. It I think it would be a comfort function.
Old 12-14-2019, 03:17 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Can anyone with one of these devices get into the All-Wheel drive module/section?

It acts like the module isn't installed, similar to how it acts with the Trailer Hitch module.
Old 12-19-2019, 09:44 AM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

Is there a code setting that can be change to have the engine running but no outside lights on / active ?
the best (least lights) available is the running lights
Old 12-19-2019, 06:23 PM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by coffeeisgood
Is there a code setting that can be change to have the engine running but no outside lights on / active ?
You hiding?
Old 12-19-2019, 08:08 PM
9000RPM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by coffeeisgood
You talking about turning off the DRL?
Old 12-19-2019, 08:55 PM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 9000RPM
Pretty sure I saw something with DRL in coding, but that turns off the nice LED strip, I'd hate to lose that.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:04 AM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by 9000RPM
yes, I would like to warm up my car without any outside lights on
Old 12-20-2019, 05:25 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

I've got a brand new Macan with less that 1000 miles on it as a loaner while they fix my coolant leak, and I did a test scan with my x431 to see if it would work...

I also did a full system scan, and it located all the modules, so I poked around a bit and there appears to be a lot of functionality. I didn't actually write anything, but just about all the normal stuff was available...

So, anyone wondering about newer vehicles - it appears to be quite capable..

If there is anything specific anyone want me to look for, just let me know... I should have the car through the weekend at a minimum.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:31 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 350 Likes on 244 Posts

This might be worth posting in the macan forum. I bet those guys would be interested in this information.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion