Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 08:13 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

I've had 2 raptors. Put 50,000 miles on them. Enjoy them way more than makes sense. LOL

Have had .1 and .2 GT3RS. I prefer suspension on .2 and engine on .1. Feels quicker revving to me but maybe just the way I remember it. Wish I had never sold the .1 and think about getting another one. I think I will always have one of them in my garage. Currently it is the 997.2 RS

Also have 1970 hotrod and 18 GT3. Neither of the speaks to me like the 997 does. Variety is indeed the spice of life. Got to try different things. Experiences are what matter. If ya dont grab the keys anymore move on to another experience. Just my two cents
The following 2 users liked this post by tasman:
mikes70 (11-09-2020), vtgt (11-05-2020)
Old 11-05-2020, 08:25 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Except of course when you actually buy a true forever car. In the summer of 2013 when I bought my own 997.2 GT3 RS, I absolutely knew beyond any doubt that it would be with me until the end...meaning the end of it or the end of me. There is no other option with this car...it's just ME.

Please note I would sell my 997.1 GT2, but not my GT3 RS. It is the ONE.
I hope it stays with you for a long time. I do admire people that keep something forever. I have a good friend that I'm highly confident will never part with his first 911 - a SY 993 c4.
The following users liked this post:
Steve Theodore (11-05-2020)
Old 11-05-2020, 09:41 PM
cullenj94
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Just realized I should have multi-quoted since this is my third post.

Miles identical, condition identical, similar production numbers/desirability of color, I would say $10-15k on average. It starts getting really tricky though, as you're going to have to find 2 white 997 GT3's, one .1 and one .2, within 5k miles of each other, with similar DME's, both having/not having paint work, similar options/MSRP, both having/not having PCCB's, etc. Hard to compare those two cars only because the Atlas car is much more rare.

While I am normally a fan of the .1 over the .2 (only due to the engine), in this case I would say .2 all day long. Full leather with red deviated stitching, no sport chrono (I have it in my GT3 but a lot of people like the clean look on the dash without), and what looks to be a clean car. I'm a bit particular when it comes to paint and the Atlas car would need a respray at some point for me to be happy with it due to the level of chipping. Ultimately, I would need to get a PPI on the .2 car to feel comfortable purchasing it to be sure paint and mechanicals were in good condition. When you buy one, just expect to sink some money into it, which should be the case anytime you buy a used car. It's a used car, there is going to be some maintenance that you feel is necessary that the previous owner did not. So whether you're buying an M3 or a GT3, I would say set aside some money so that you're able to go through the car and fully sort it.

I'll still say that I don't think that a cosmetic respray (for chips/scratches etc.) should effect the value as much as it does on Porsche GT cars, but unfortunately it does. It's the world we live in, so you will need to factor that into the price. If you plan to respray, just understand that someone down the road may want to pay a bit less for it since it's not an original paint car. However, a reasonable buyer should be able to see with before and after pics and a quality respray that it was done for cosmetic reasons only, especially on a 40k+ mile car which is more in the driver category at that point.

Great feedback and appreciate the information! I’ll keep this in mind as I’m looking.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:46 PM
wolfgang1
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
I hope it stays with you for a long time. I do admire people that keep something forever. I have a good friend that I'm highly confident will never part with his first 911 - a SY 993 c4.
That would be me

I graduated high school in 1997, when the 993 was new. In 1996, I went to the Toronto Auto Show, and got a free fold out poster from the Porsche booth. When you unfolded it, the back of the brochure was a speed yellow 993. My dream car. I hung that poster on my wall with scotch tape.

Fast forward to 2004. As a young engineer in New Orleans, I saw a used speed yellow 993 on the used car lot at the local porsche dealer. I test drove the car and fell in love with it. At that time, 993 was just a used car, but it was more than I felt comfortable spending. Every two weeks I would go by the dealership even though it was out of the way, and I would see the car on the lot. Months would pass... and it would still be there - unusual since cars that sit usually get wholesaled.... I test drove the car again... fell in love again.... and lobbed in a low ball bid. They took it. I think paid $32k for a really nice car w 56k miles.

That was 16 years ago. Car with worth more today than it was then, but in reality it was a "horrible investment" by any financial measure. It has however, brought the most joy of any object in my life. Many great friendships have come from. My wife loves the car. We got married in it. I hope my first born drives it to high school before they bury me in it. A dozen plus 911's have come and gone since, and today there are 4 in my collection (including a 997.1gt3rs which used to belong to JRTAYLOR9). The speed yellow 993 is not going anywhere. And the poster with the scotch tape? It hangs in my home office today.
The following 12 users liked this post by wolfgang1:
-eztrader- (11-06-2020), 8Lug (11-06-2020), arashiyama (11-08-2020), Dirtmerchant (11-06-2020), engerman (11-07-2020), KDAWG97M3 (02-02-2021), monk46 (11-09-2020), nle (11-08-2020), Steve Theodore (11-05-2020), SupraSaiyan (11-06-2020), vtgt (11-05-2020), zshecht7792 (11-05-2020) and 7 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-05-2020, 11:53 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 628 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfgang1
... but in reality it was a "horrible investment" by any financial measure. It has however, brought the most joy of any object in my life. Many great friendships have come from. My wife loves the car. We got married in it. I hope my first born drives it to high school before they bury me in it. A dozen plus 911's have come and gone since, and today there are 4 in my collection (including a 997.1gt3rs which used to belong to JRTAYLOR9). The speed yellow 993 is not going anywhere. And the poster with the scotch tape? It hangs in my home office today.
I have no doubt that you and I would be great friends in person. Much respect to you sir!
Old 11-06-2020, 01:12 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

That would be me

I graduated high school in 1997, when the 993 was new. In 1996, I went to the Toronto Auto Show, and got a free fold out poster from the Porsche booth. When you unfolded it, the back of the brochure was a speed yellow 993. My dream car. I hung that poster on my wall with scotch tape.

Fast forward to 2004. As a young engineer in New Orleans, I saw a used speed yellow 993 on the used car lot at the local porsche dealer. I test drove the car and fell in love with it. At that time, 993 was just a used car, but it was more than I felt comfortable spending. Every two weeks I would go by the dealership even though it was out of the way, and I would see the car on the lot. Months would pass... and it would still be there - unusual since cars that sit usually get wholesaled.... I test drove the car again... fell in love again.... and lobbed in a low ball bid. They took it. I think paid $32k for a really nice car w 56k miles.

That was 16 years ago. Car with worth more today than it was then, but in reality it was a "horrible investment" by any financial measure. It has however, brought the most joy of any object in my life. Many great friendships have come from. My wife loves the car. We got married in it. I hope my first born drives it to high school before they bury me in it. A dozen plus 911's have come and gone since, and today there are 4 in my collection (including a 997.1gt3rs which used to belong to JRTAYLOR9). The speed yellow 993 is not going anywhere. And the poster with the scotch tape? It hangs in my home office today.
That is awesome!
Old 11-06-2020, 01:24 AM
PK911
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ///BLACKLABEL
I just sold my gray .2RS - I loved the car but Los Angeles is a horrible place to enjoy a car like this. Every time I went to drive it I ended up taking out my 991TTS - Which regret selling
https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...che-997-gt3rs/

The car was absolutely immaculate but since I preferred the car "stealth" I pulled the graphics and painted the wheels black. It is the way I would have ordered it from the factory. I think I sold for fair value but I anticipate the short mile cars rising to the 200 range soon.

I still have my Green .1RS with 9K miles - I purchased the car from the first owner and a RLer. I paid up for it since it was rare and I wanted Green. Doug knows the car. It is mint.

My life has shifted a bit ( no pun intended ) and I am trying to move into some newer cars I will actually drive. I would sell it off market if the right offer came up. I am selling all my manual ( collector ) cars and going to build another 991 Turbo S and just drive the **** out of it.
Beautiful .2RS!
Interesting comment regarding Los Angeles. It is home of some of the best canyon roads in the world and there are 4 nice race tracks within a 2.5h drive radius. I personally feel it is one of the best place to enjoy GT cars. Taking my .1 GT3 for her weekly canyon drive tomorrow.
fijibubba (11-06-2020)
Old 11-06-2020, 08:49 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

That would be me

What a love story! Describes my feelings about my speed yellow 6gt3 which I picked up in 2012 with 6k miles. There’s something about a speed yellow 911. They all look awesome.
9872SpeedYellowCS (11-06-2020)
Old 11-06-2020, 10:45 AM
Ikon
Rennlist Member

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

guess now it’s listed on cars gurus for 120k cause it didn’t sell yesterday on BAT

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=286966269

BAT AD:https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...he-911-gt3-31/

Old 11-06-2020, 12:55 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,805 Likes on 1,504 Posts

Hey Doug, have you set a price for this beauty yet?

Old 11-06-2020, 09:17 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 544 Posts

That would be me

^^^this man introduced me to the concept of owning more cars than people or garage spaces in my house. Once that seal was broken, I lost my mind; one day I woke up and owned a car lot! It was a crazy round-trip and I’m close to being back to one daily and one toy.

i definitely am envious of finding “the one” as the first purchase. I think I’ve found my “one toy” (for now at least) but it took a LOT LOT LOT of experimentation to get there.

I hope to see you and the SY 993 again some day soon!
Old 11-07-2020, 01:20 PM
radr
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
Hey Doug, have you set a price for this beauty yet?
I emailed Doug about this car on the 4th, and it had a 24 hour hold on it already for a customer. Not sure if that went through and the inventory hasn't been updated.
Old 11-07-2020, 06:12 PM
engerman
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts

What's market price for a clean drivers GT3, is 80/90 still realistic for .1/.2?
Old 11-07-2020, 06:16 PM
zshecht7792
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by engerman
What's market price for a clean drivers GT3, is 80/90 still realistic for .1/.2?
depends on the mileage/condition. A .1 with 50-60k miles is probably going to go for 80-82 for example. Seems that drivers .2s are currently being listed in the mid to high 90s.
engerman (11-07-2020)
Old 11-07-2020, 06:57 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,060 Likes on 2,102 Posts

Originally Posted by engerman
Yes, as mentioned, .1 with 50-60k miles is going to be around $80k. .2 with 50-60k miles is going to be around $90, but probably a bit more. But ultimately, condition is going to play into this a lot too. Color and spec too. Best of luck with the search. Probably best to at least post some basic spec/information about the car you're looking at (if you don't want to post the actual car) to get an idea if pricing is right on it. Also buying from a reputable Rennlist member or a dealer that knows more about GT cars can take a lot of the difficulty out of it.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...