"Flying Dutchman or any of the trained Aero Beetle GT3 boys" vs. FIAT Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 10:00 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Well, I disagree that SuperSolo is too slow at Sebring. When Peter and Randy and others are doing 2:18's, on RA1's, in traffic, that tells me SuperSolo is plenty fast! I've been out there--it ain't slow....
Check their Traqmate data, I have it. They post a one fast lap, and multiple 2:20-2:24 in the same SuperSolo session.

Reter and JP175 are the only ones that have touched 2:18 on RA1 at Sebring. On Hoosiers R6 they surely will go a lot faster. On A6 they would lap even faster.

The exception is Thursday and Friday during Winterfest where there are less cars on track. Traffic in SuperSolo is an issue when cars are lapping below 2:20s at Sebring.

SuperSolo is the equivalent to NASA HPDE-4, good pace but traffic is an issue.

NASA-TT gives the best chance to set a series of fast laps, traffic is not an issue. Additionally, the program is designed around a competitive environment, not a DE session.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

OK, I hear ya. Doesn't matter to me...and I have an active NASA competition license, so...
Old 03-07-2012, 10:06 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Check their Traqmate data, I have it. They post a one fast lap, and multiple 2:20-2:24 in the same SuperSolo session.

Reter and JP175 are the only ones that have touched 2:18 on RA1 at Sebring. On Hoosiers R6 they surely will go a lot faster. On A6 they would lap even faster.

The exception is Thursday and Friday during Winterfest where there are less cars on track. Traffic in SuperSolo is an issue when cars are lapping below 2:20s at Sebring.

NASA-TT gives the best chance to set a series of fast laps, traffic is not an issue. Additionally, the program is designed around a competitive environment, not a DE session.
Agree in entirety other than Super Solo traffic at Sebring because I've never driven in Super Solo at Sebring, but I have NEVER had traffic issues in Super Solo at Barber and Road Atlanta and I imagine my lap deltas might be even greater.

But NASA TT will be MUCH better other than that if you do catch traffic, guys are less willing to move out of the way for the simple fact that they have a right to get a fast lap too, and with it being the passing cars responsibility to pass, they figure your lap record is screwed anyways if you have to pass somebody. So trying to make a race of TT is not a great idea either.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:11 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

I have fiat traqmate data.

RS is 2:20's 2:21's in hot weather. 2:19's in cold, deduct 2 secs for R6.
Dave I can e-mail data when I get home.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Roger that
Old 03-07-2012, 10:13 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

590 Hp? really?

Eddie, put a dyno day together for all of us, because these posts keep increasing my Fiat horsepower, and pretty soon it will be more powerful than an Enzo, 599 GTO, and F12. The highest one-time wonder dyno run my car has ever produced is 466whp, with averages in the 450whp range, and a one-time shameful 397whp, on the same dyno. I use the 397whp number, because contrary to Fiat, I prefer to underrate power and overrate weight, rather than do the misleading (most car manufacturers) opposite.

My local competitors in NASA-TTU have dyno runs in the 520whp range, with Torque figures up to 150 ft-lbs higher than my car, this is for 2012. They got a massive advantage on power over my Fiat, but that doesn't stop me to compete against them, because as any car with big power, it needs to turn and it need to brake too.

I'm very supportive of a 3rd driver (a Pro or a very experienced driver), to run 1 session in each car. Over a dozen people have driven my Fiat, over a dozen better drivers, I find their input and feedback very valuable. Such 3rd driver would provide me valuable information around Sebring just by looking at his data.

SuperSolo pace is too slow for this type of Challenge, unless we run at Daytona. Daytona!!! what about running the Challenge at Daytona, PBIR, Homestead? Challenge is still up
Eddie, we posted all ours and Erik and I come Dyno next week. I will be stock. Now post rads Dyno from the day I was there...
Old 03-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Well, I disagree that SuperSolo is too slow at Sebring. When Peter and Randy and others are doing 2:18's, on RA1's, in traffic, that tells me SuperSolo is plenty fast! I've been out there--it ain't slow....

I'm out if it involves NASA

There are a few reasons, but most important my track insurance policy will void in tt. Not about to drive 10-10ths with fire breathing corvettes door to door not insured

I've done it once, never again

NASA Florida may be different, but the NASA events I've attended were a flat out disaster. They concentrate too hard into moving the driver up the ranks to race.

Last manication I ran a combined tt/ hpde4 group and I wouldn't puldnr put one of the drivers in this crowd in super solo
Old 03-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 101 Posts

+1, not to mention, be prepared for a bunch of whining and scrutineering if a bunch of new guys show up at NASA and put the smack down on the TTU lap record. LOL.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:57 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Eddie, please post the dyno runs from my Fiat from Ice Cream Dyno Day, and email me the .drf files.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:17 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Izzone

There are a few reasons, but most important my track insurance policy will void in tt. Not about to drive 10-10ths with fire breathing corvettes door to door not insured

NASA Florida may be different, but the NASA events I've attended were a flat out disaster. They concentrate too hard into moving the driver up the ranks to race.

Last manication I ran a combined tt/ hpde4 group and I wouldn't puldnr put one of the drivers in this crowd in super solo
NASA Florida isolates HPDE-4 from TT.

NASA-FL Time Trials run on their own track session. 20 cars average on track, it is the safest track time I have done so far.

Insurance thingy, you're right. Please, text me or email the track insurance sutff we spoke about last time.

Let's run the Challenge at a PBOC SuperSolo, in this case I will adjust the rules and propose a new event
Old 03-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rad- the insurance is worth getting... Eddie helped me with that too. They will also do insurance for timed events if you ask for it specifically.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:09 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 454 Posts

Aww come on was I that bad @ Autobahn. I told you MidO would be rough as NASA Nationals would be there and everybody was looking for seat time.

Seriously NASA FL TT is good right now as it isn't yet super successful and as Rad said TT has its own run group.

Peter
Old 03-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 85Gold

Aww come on was I that bad @ Autobahn. I told you MidO would be rough as NASA Nationals would be there and everybody was looking for seat time.

Seriously NASA FL TT is good right now as it isn't yet super successful and as Rad said TT has its own run group.

Peter
No insurance no drive

Can't afford to ball up my car
Old 03-07-2012, 12:49 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 454 Posts

No insurance no drive

Randy,

See why my TT car is an E36M3 "Cheap Disposable Track Car". I reached that conclusion a couple of years ago.

Peter
Old 03-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 85Gold
No insurance no drive

Randy,

See why my TT car is an E36M3 "Cheap Disposable Track Car". I reached that conclusion a couple of years ago.

Peter
Understood

Have a few hurdles to get over this year

Then I buy 996 gt3 and strip

Quick Reply: "Flying Dutchman or any of the trained Aero Beetle GT3 boys" vs. FIAT Challenge