"Flying Dutchman or any of the trained Aero Beetle GT3 boys" vs. FIAT Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Originally Posted by NJ-GT
I'd rather have track insurance on my car than drive a moving chicane.
That moving chicane does 2:31.xx at Sebring on stock suspension and 3:15 R&P.

Peter
I love that car, one of my most memorable weekends ever

How about Ian in m3 and rad in coxyer
Old 03-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Richard31
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rad, the lies never stop. Lol. All we have to do is click on your link at Daytona and watch you outrun beetles with your so called less horse power than a 3.8
Old 03-07-2012, 11:19 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 03-07-2012, 11:54 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard31
Rad, the lies never stop. Lol. All we have to do is click on your link at Daytona and watch you outrun beetles with your so called less horse power than a 3.8
My Fiat has no splitter and no Wing either. A low drag car is faster on the straights slower on the turns.

The 600Hp Viper ACR tops at 170mph, while the standard Viper tops at 202mph. Same motor, same 600Hp, one car has a small spoiler, the other one has 1000 lbs of downforce at 150mph, splitter, wing and dive planes (the local Aero Beetles have dive planes too).

If the Aero Beetles remove their splitter and wings, they will go faster at Daytona, but they don't research much. I did some other tricks at Daytona that I won't disclose, lesson from my stock car friends from the Pocono area, good for a 2:00 flat at Daytona on Michelin Sport Cups and a Fiat that is supposedly way slower than anything Porsche that says GT3 RS on the back.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:58 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh I think that is possible as soon as I get an equivalent suspension to the Coxster. That is in the works for the summer so maybe the NASA TT at Sebring in the fall.

Peter
Peter, so Ian gets you by 5 secs and you're a better driver than I am.

NASA-TT at Sebring this fall, your Moving Chicane with suspension, my Moving Chicane with Wing, Splitter, a Diff, and stripped, so we get the same power/weight ratio. and same level of prep.

Ian drives your car, I'll find a Pro to drive my car. I would do the driving against Ian, but he's as fast as a Pro, and I'm 5 secs slower than a Pro.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:05 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Dude, open email, attach .drf files, click send. Send me the files from Ice Cream Dyno Day. Don't let me go "The Greek" on you.

Need to dyno the Coxster, PM me for next week. Need to dyno and fix Fiat, that tune makes it sluggish below 3k rpm.

I'm preparing new rules for the Aero Beetles Challenge, so all the uninsured motorists, that won't share the car either, can enter the Challenge and represent.

I'm trying to arrange a Film Crew to shoot a TV show out of this challenge and post it on the Internet.

If I get to downsize the wheels in the Fiat to 18" all around, I'm game on RA1, or street tires, or your tire of choice.

Steel Rotors are on the way home no more $$$ on brakes, my brake pads are now cheaper than GT3 brake pads
Old 03-08-2012, 12:09 AM
lopro
Banned

rad would make a good poker player, or pool player *Cough* Pool shark *Cough*

Do you sink the cue ball off the inital break and then call double or nothin rad?
Old 03-08-2012, 12:42 AM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
My Fiat has no splitter and no Wing either. A low drag car is faster on the straights slower on the turns.

The 600Hp Viper ACR tops at 170mph, while the standard Viper tops at 202mph. Same motor, same 600Hp, one car has a small spoiler, the other one has 1000 lbs of downforce at 150mph, splitter, wing and dive planes (the local Aero Beetles have dive planes too).

If the Aero Beetles remove their splitter and wings, they will go faster at Daytona, but they don't research much. I did some other tricks at Daytona that I won't disclose, lesson from my stock car friends from the Pocono area, good for a 2:00 flat at Daytona on Michelin Sport Cups and a Fiat that is supposedly way slower than anything Porsche that says GT3 RS on the back.
I have a trick I will disclose. Purchase a 12 year old cup car for 20 percent of the fiat cost, don't worry about anything other than alignment, and do a 1.58 all day.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:47 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Wow 996 cups will do sub 2min at sebring??
Old 03-08-2012, 12:47 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Or are you talking about daytona...
Old 03-08-2012, 01:24 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RSRRacer
I have a trick I will disclose. Purchase a 12 year old cup car for 20 percent of the fiat cost, don't worry about anything other than alignment, and do a 1.58 all day.
I think I'm due. I have been considering a 996 GT3 Cup for 7 years. The more time passes, the more sense it makes to me.

- 2530 lbs
- 360-385 Hp depending on year
- A good and reliable 6-speed manual transmission (and fun!!!)
- No nannies
- ABS (I need ABS)
- The same engine as the street 996 GT3, except some minor changes

I think it would be a great AutoX/Time Trials/DE/DECup car. Occasionally I could race it, but I'm not into that.

With the proper alignment, it can run on RA1 and R6 for low cost operation. The only downside is that it's not street legal, but not that big of a deal, because it brings joy at everything else.

Probably instead of a 3.8RS, I should just get the 996 GT3 Cup and keep the Cayman S.

My Fiat is a $175k car today. The 996 Cup is close to $100k cheaper, but not a replacement, just a nice addition.

At Sebring on R6 and a Pro, it should be capable of a 2:15, or a 2:20 with me doing the driving.

Nice trick, I had it in my bag but forgot to check the bag
Old 03-08-2012, 08:04 AM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 94 Posts

Seriously, if you can afford to add another car, get one. I think you can find good ones for 70k (60k may be a stretch) but they are miles more fun than any street car. And, more safe.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 101 Posts

Oh I think that is possible as soon as I get an equivalent suspension to the Coxster. That is in the works for the summer so maybe the NASA TT at Sebring in the fall.

Peter
AST ?
Old 03-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 354 Posts

Maybe I just have horsepower envy, but this thread reminds me of guys projecting their perceived manly shortcomings onto their car performance. LOL Just get some spec racers of whatever marque, and go find out who is the better racer. Otherwise, how can you really control all the variables in order to find out who is the better driver? Spec Miata I say!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
Maybe I just have horsepower envy, but this thread reminds me of guys projecting their perceived manly shortcomings onto their car performance. LOL Just get some spec racers of whatever marque, and go find out who is the better racer. Otherwise, how can you really control all the variables in order to find out who is the better driver? Spec Miata I say!
+1, I'm trying to figure out if this thread is about the cars or the drivers....too much cross-talk about sticking other people in their cars.

I say the person that talks the smack needs to back it up behind the wheel of their car.

Quick Reply: "Flying Dutchman or any of the trained Aero Beetle GT3 boys" vs. FIAT Challenge