Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

"Flying Dutchman or any of the trained Aero Beetle GT3 boys" vs. FIAT Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Mrsideways
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eurotrashdtm
yeah, 12:1 on 91 pump F/I, idk. No cheap way to do F/I in a S2000 IMO, not reliably at least.
Local guy here built his own turbo kit for a Time Trial S2000. He wants to keep it off the internet but I'll tell you he has under $2000 in it including a stand alone ECU, and Turbo. Bought everything new. It's amazing the pieces you can get off Ebay. It makes a really fancy looking dyno sheet that's ALL TQ.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:57 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Randy Pobst, Walter Rohl, Hurley Haywood, Sir. Jackie Stewart, they all are older than me, they are faster too.

So I'm shooting for a 1:31.699 to be able to beat Ian.
Yeah but Harry isn't any of those guys . I would hope your 500rwhp Fiat can take down a lowly stock motor S2000 moving Chicane.

Peter
Old 03-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Antonov
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrsideways
Local guy here built his own turbo kit for a Time Trial S2000. He wants to keep it off the internet but I'll tell you he has under $2000 in it including a stand alone ECU, and Turbo. Bought everything new. It's amazing the pieces you can get off Ebay. It makes a really fancy looking dyno sheet that's ALL TQ.
I believe it. I meant more so in terms of heat management, gearbox, and diff. Should be easier for a TT car than W2W. I would love to see though, and really looking forward to STU with atleast 2 really well built S2000's (Rylan's and yours)

Maybe you should slap some 18x11's and 295/30 hoho's and try this challenge of Rad's.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:10 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrsideways
It'll be just a Dyno queen if he doesn't fortify the motor. Good for 4 Dyno runs and kaboom. At least he could say he got 500 whp : ). U can run low boost like 5-6 psi but u won't get high Dyno numbers. Mike
Old 03-08-2012, 06:01 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
It'll be just a Dyno queen if he doesn't fortify the motor. Good for 4 Dyno runs and kaboom. At least he could say he got 500 whp : ). U can run low boost like 5-6 psi but u won't get high Dyno numbers. Mike
Mike

The S2000 in this case is only making 220rwhp. Turbo was done for low end torque, which it has in gobs, TT makes you try some wild things.

Peter
Old 03-08-2012, 06:01 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Yeah but Harry isn't any of those guys . I would hope your 500rwhp Fiat can take down a lowly stock motor S2000 moving Chicane.

Peter
Highest ever 466whp, average 450 whp, stock motor too. No cheater wings, no cheater splitter like everyone in TTU.

Correct !!! stock motor S2000 are moving chicanes.

Modified S2000 or M3 or Coxster or Aero Beetle, the sky is the limit.

Our "Moving Chicanes Challenge" will be at Homestead on a date to be determined. TTB vs. TTC, you do your driving I do my driving, you get 1.3 secs handicap.

If we hire Pros to do the driving in our cars, the 1.3 secs handicap stays.

If I get a Pro to do the driving for me, you get a 6.3 secs handicap. If you get a Pro to do the driving for you, I get a 3.7 secs handicap.

Pick date, I must adjust Coxster to make it TTB legal.

I'm not too sure your stripped,winged, LSD'ed E36 M3 is TTC legal, the weight listed looks too high, and that Locking-Diff might not be too stock. 1 point takes you to TTB, in such case, no handicap. I expect you don't have E36M3 LW US Spec reinforcement chassis parts, or you pay points for them.

Any date beyond May 2012 works for me. I have the main challenge at the end of the month in the Fiat, then it is preparation time for NASA Nationals in Mid-Ohio.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:11 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Rad,

Oh my M3 is TTC legal so don't you worry about that. . I don't blow smoke about my cars as I believe in full disclosure unlike some people. As for the date it will have to be in the fall as won't have the car finished until then.

Peter
Old 03-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Highest ever 466whp, average 450 whp, stock motor too. No cheater wings, no cheater splitter like everyone in TTU.

Correct !!! stock motor S2000 are moving chicanes.

Modified S2000 or M3 or Coxster or Aero Beetle, the sky is the limit.

Our "Moving Chicanes Challenge" will be at Homestead on a date to be determined. TTB vs. TTC, you do your driving I do my driving, you get 1.3 secs handicap.

If we hire Pros to do the driving in our cars, the 1.3 secs handicap stays.

If I get a Pro to do the driving for me, you get a 6.3 secs handicap. If you get a Pro to do the driving for you, I get a 3.7 secs handicap.

Pick date, I must adjust Coxster to make it TTB legal.

I'm not too sure your stripped,winged, LSD'ed E36 M3 is TTC legal, the weight listed looks too high, and that Locking-Diff might not be too stock. 1 point takes you to TTB, in such case, no handicap. I expect you don't have E36M3 LW US Spec reinforcement chassis parts, or you pay points for them.

Any date beyond May 2012 works for me. I have the main challenge at the end of the month in the Fiat, then it is preparation time for NASA Nationals in Mid-Ohio.
Heh...I'll be at Homestead in April for PBOC (we could do this in SuperSolo) and then hopefully right after that for Grand Am. I won't charge you a dime if I am already there, but I will make you buy me lunch & end of day drinks.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

blah blah blah...stock motor S2000 are moving chicanes.
11 stock S2000s in B Stock were faster than you in the 2010 SCCA Solo Nationals.

So I guess you're slower than a moving chicane?
Old 03-08-2012, 06:45 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nick Wong
11 stock S2000s in B Stock were faster than you in the 2010 SCCA Solo Nationals.

So I guess you're slower than a moving chicane?
Yes, and they were faster than the rest of my class too, and they did it once again in 2011. I was driving my Moving Chicane.

AutoX <> RaceTrack

At an autoX I would not challenge a S2000 not even with my Fiat. At a racetrack, it's another game.

Bring your Volkswagen to an autocross or track day, and I'll bring my Fiat, let the timer do the talking.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:47 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rad,

Oh my M3 is TTC legal so don't you worry about that. . I don't blow smoke about my cars as I believe in full disclosure unlike some people. As for the date it will have to be in the fall as won't have the car finished until then.

Peter
Good to know. Can you bring it to Homestead with PBOC? We are getting an offer hard to pass. What tires do you run so I run the same tires?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:07 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default NEW RULES for the VW vs. FIAT CHALLENGE

RULES: v2.0

Place: Homestead April 14th - April 15th

Club: PBOC Florida

Run Group: SuperSolo. Open passing, no point by, safe passing enforced

Tires: No rules. Run what you brought

Cars: All Aero Beetles and Fiat with license plate and a DMV registration (street cars). F430 Challenge and GT3 Cup are excluded.

Challenge 1: Fastest Lap on Saturday

Challenge 2: Fastest Lap on Sunday

Challenge 3: Closest gap to a PRO driver and Racing coach. VeloceRaptor has been kind to join the action.

Izzone, M3EvoMR, Trakcar, JP175, The Greek, Grady, GT3DE, Macul, Teo, Jenk, Senna, DeputyDog, Wong? Are you IN or are you OUT?

Please reply with ==> "(insert your name here) accept the challenge as proposed by NJ-GT in RULES v2.0, to show the World my superior and vastly better driving skills, the performance and reliability of my Aero Beetle, the impressive quality of the products from the Volkswagen Group VS. the inconsistent, erratic, untrained and unreliable FIAT and its lousy slow driver"
Old 03-08-2012, 07:19 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Good to know. Can you bring it to Homestead with PBOC? We are getting an offer hard to pass. What tires do you run so I run the same tires?
No, until after the One Lap in May I have other plans. As I said before when I get suspension this summer then we can go at it in the fall @ NASA TT.

Seems to me though you are not addressing the original issue I raised that the GT3DE group were better drivers and you had a faster car.

Now we are off to moving Chicanes and I will run against you in NASA TT my TTC M3 against your TTB Coxster and I get 1.5 secs which is the difference between the track records at Sebring. Be advised that if you win it proves you are a better driver than I am, I have no EGO so no problem, but if Team Cannon Fodder wins

Peter
Old 03-08-2012, 07:54 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

No, until after the One Lap in May I have other plans. As I said before when I get suspension this summer then we can go at it in the fall @ NASA TT.

Seems to me though you are not addressing the original issue I raised that the GT3DE group were better drivers and you had a faster car.

Now we are off to moving Chicanes and I will run against you in NASA TT my TTC M3 against your TTB Coxster and I get 1.5 secs which is the difference between the track records at Sebring. Be advised that if you win it proves you are a better driver than I am, I have no EGO so no problem, but if Team Cannon Fodder wins

Peter
Peter we all have Egos, otherwise we would be playing Golf.

Over 2 dozen tests from the worldwide media put the 3.8RS as a better performance car than my Fiat, the only thing my Fiat does better is acceleration. So, they have the faster drivers, and they have the faster cars.

This Fall we'll run the "Moving Chicane Challenge", your TTC car with 1.5 secs advantage at Sebring or 1.3 secs advantage at Homestead, against my Coxster in TTB (it currently is not TTB legal, after my December mods).

In the meantime, I just posted new rules to the Aero Beetle boys for the Homestead event, so insurance is not an issue, they can do their own driving, and we even get a Pro Racing Coach to set the baseline in each car.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:39 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

soundtrack for this amazing thread ...

Quick Reply: "Flying Dutchman or any of the trained Aero Beetle GT3 boys" vs. FIAT Challenge