Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 01:23 PM
gmorat
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Prairiedawg
I can go look at it and check it out if anyone was interested. That person would have to make arrangements though I would think due to current conditions.
Looks like a bargain. If it were a 6spd.......

Old 04-20-2020, 01:52 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 905 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by golfinz
Anyone know of this car? Seems like a nicely spec'd GTS with a clean carfax.:

https://www.ultimomotors.com/invento...ab2a90bs720798
I always liked Ultimo's Porsche 911 offerings and their pricing has always seemed to be fair.

They had a nice yellow GTS cab and a nice red GTS cab about 2 months ago that were $72k-$74k. Both are now gone.

$67k is a good price if tires, brakes, service and etc. are good and the car is clean, not too many rocks chips and etc.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:17 PM
bobfromva
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA2/4 Possible Purchase

Hi All,

I am very new to this forum..so...if I am posting this in the wrong place, please forgive me. I am on a search for a Porsche 911. I really did not want to spend a lot of money but came across, what might be a good deal. A local dealer wants to sell a 2003 911 with about 60,000 miles for under 20k. It looks like its in pretty good condition and the carfax checks out. I was told to be very careful because of the IMS bearing. I ask the dealer if he knew if it was changed and he didnt have that information. Should this be a no deal if he is unable to find out?https://www.alphamotorsport.net/vdp/...sburg-VA-22408 This is the link to the vehicle. I would sincerely appreciate any feedback that you could provide. Thanks in advance. Bob
Old 04-20-2020, 04:23 PM
Greg964
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobfromva
Hi All,

I am very new to this forum..so...if I am posting this in the wrong place, please forgive me. I am on a search for a Porsche 911. I really did not want to spend a lot of money but came across, what might be a good deal. A local dealer wants to sell a 2003 911 with about 60,000 miles for under 20k. It looks like its in pretty good condition and the carfax checks out. I was told to be very careful because of the IMS bearing. I ask the dealer if he knew if it was changed and he didnt have that information. Should this be a no deal if he is unable to find out?https://www.alphamotorsport.net/vdp/...sburg-VA-22408 This is the link to the vehicle. I would sincerely appreciate any feedback that you could provide. Thanks in advance. Bob
Bob,

2003 is a 996 not 997, try the 996 forum.
Old 04-20-2020, 10:42 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by davidtsedaka
This looks like a killer deal for a GTS
If it were 6MT, yes.

Originally Posted by gmorat
Looks like a bargain. If it were a 6spd.......
this^^
Old 04-20-2020, 10:49 PM
Carrera991
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 60 Posts

So how much should a PDK GTS go for ?
Old 04-20-2020, 11:17 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

$5-10k less than a manual, typically speaking. I keep more of an eye on private party pricing and saw a few trade last summer in the 30-40k mile range for mid 60's. I almost bought the Aqua GTS listed here that was up in Calgary (33,000 miles) for $66,500 last year, but I wanted a manual more than I wanted aqua blue. They are probably cheaper now
Old 04-20-2020, 11:43 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

This is the cheapest GTS listed on Cars.com with less than 50k miles private party or dealer (except for the $55k one with severe damage Carfax). Ultimo has a black one as well with about the amount of miles for $74k. Their white for $66.9K could either be rougher or have needs or perhaps they picked the white one up super cheap.

You can scan all the GTS listings here see prices for yourself. There is a big spread upward.

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/search...39723&zc=37067
The following users liked this post:
Carrera991 (04-21-2020)
Old 04-21-2020, 11:07 AM
golfinz
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 73 Posts

A manual GTS should go for 5-10k more than their PDK counterpart but a manual GTS hasn't sold for under 70k in a quite a while. I've been slowly gaining speed at picking one up and since I've been looking (6-8 months), a nicely conditioned PDK GTS with 30-40k miles tend to go for mid to high 60s. A local PCA member traded in his 40k mile PDK GTS and got 62k for it from the porsche dealer (originally offered 58k). Dealer CPO'd it, priced it mid 70s, and it sat until it went down to 68ish. IMHO, it seems reasonable that a manual GTS with 30-40k miles should go for 70ish. One with less mileage, mid 70s. A PDK variant would be 5-10k less. I'm no pricing expert nor have I followed the GTS market for more than 6-8 months - this is just the trend I've seen and where I'm hoping to land. Looking to pickup a manual GTS later this year. ^ This is for a coupe. I've seen a cab GTS on the PCA site for mid 50s with low-ish miles...
Old 04-21-2020, 12:13 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

A manual GTS should go for 5-10k more than their PDK counterpart but a manual GTS hasn't sold for under 70k in a quite a while. I've been slowly gaining speed at picking one up and since I've been looking (6-8 months), a nicely conditioned PDK GTS with 30-40k miles tend to go for mid to high 60s. A local PCA member traded in his 40k mile PDK GTS and got 62k for it from the porsche dealer (originally offered 58k). Dealer CPO'd it, priced it mid 70s, and it sat until it went down to 68ish. IMHO, it seems reasonable that a manual GTS with 30-40k miles should go for 70ish. One with less mileage, mid 70s. A PDK variant would be 5-10k less. I'm no pricing expert nor have I followed the GTS market for more than 6-8 months - this is just the trend I've seen and where I'm hoping to land. Looking to pickup a manual GTS later this year. ^ This is for a coupe. I've seen a cab GTS on the PCA site for mid 50s with low-ish miles...
Golfinz: Was that a black GTS in Texas . . . maybe Porsche San Antonio? They had a CPO Coupe (had maybe 42k miles) that sat in mid $70s for maybe 45 to 60 days. They lowered it to $68ish.

I have been watching the GTS market have pretty much have seen all GTS's listed since September until maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago.

RE: Winter Pricing/Pandemic

My observations below are based on winter pricing. We have been dealing with winter pricing since September and pricing would have gone up a good 5% or more once summer got here except for the current pandemic.

RE: GTS prices since September 2019 (winter prices)

I agree Golinz that a good condition GTS with PDK and over 40k miles is and has been for 6 months a $67k to $68k car. The GTS PDK coupes with 15k to 25k miles are $72ish. The GTS pdk cabs were moving decently between $68k and $72k depending upon miles, build and condition.

Between September and January, there were typically 6 or less GTS for sale at any given time. Now they are being dumped on the market and there was perhaps 20ish (didn't count) or more on Cars.com yesterday.

RE: GTS Manuals Coupes (GTS manual cabs have not shown big premiums)

There are now a few manual Coupes available. Until recently, seemed like you would only see 1 or 2 pop up every few months. I think there are maybe 5 manual coupes right now on Cars.com. Without a doubt, the market is soft right now. I would agree that RIGHT NOW with the pandemic going on, there may only be a $5k to $10k premium for a manual, but this is so heavily based on a given car's build and condition and one cannot make such a generalization accurately.

If market goes back to normal and we hit summer prices, those manual GTS coupes with 20k or less miles may shoot back in the low to mid $80s. Right now, I think everyone is really just looking for a great and will act on a great deal, but for the most part are sitting on the sidelines to see how the pandemic shakes out.

I am doing that right. I am trying to $45k of a used Hurican Performante and I think we are close, but I would not dream of paying normal FMV for it right now.
The following 3 users liked this post by Doug H:
golfinz (04-21-2020), Hindsight2010 (04-21-2020), prost893 (04-23-2020)
Old 04-21-2020, 12:45 PM
bobfromva
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry Greg964...I am sorry for trespassing...trying to figure this forum out. I had no clue the difference between the 996 or 997...I was just referring to the 911...but...no worries..I will figure out how to get out of your forum. Sincerely apologize....Bob
Old 04-21-2020, 12:47 PM
golfinz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug H
Golfinz: Was that a black GTS in Texas . . . maybe Porsche San Antonio? They had a CPO Coupe (had maybe 42k miles) that sat in mid $70s for maybe 45 to 60 days. They lowered it to $68ish.

I have been watching the GTS market have pretty much have seen all GTS's listed since September until maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago.

RE: Winter Pricing/Pandemic

My observations below are based on winter pricing. We have been dealing with winter pricing since September and pricing would have gone up a good 5% or more once summer got here except for the current pandemic.

RE: GTS prices since September 2019 (winter prices)

I agree Golinz that a good condition GTS with PDK and over 40k miles is and has been for 6 months a $67k to $68k car. The GTS PDK coupes with 15k to 25k miles are $72ish. The GTS pdk cabs were moving decently between $68k and $72k depending upon miles, build and condition.

Between September and January, there were typically 6 or less GTS for sale at any given time. Now they are being dumped on the market and there was perhaps 20ish (didn't count) or more on Cars.com yesterday.

RE: GTS Manuals Coupes (GTS manual cabs have not shown big premiums)

There are now a few manual Coupes available. Until recently, seemed like you would only see 1 or 2 pop up every few months. I think there are maybe 5 manual coupes right now on Cars.com. Without a doubt, the market is soft right now. I would agree that RIGHT NOW with the pandemic going on, there may only be a $5k to $10k premium for a manual, but this is so heavily based on a given car's build and condition and one cannot make such a generalization accurately.

If market goes back to normal and we hit summer prices, those manual GTS coupes with 20k or less miles may shoot back in the low to mid $80s. Right now, I think everyone is really just looking for a great and will act on a great deal, but for the most part are sitting on the sidelines to see how the pandemic shakes out.

I am doing that right. I am trying to $45k of a used Hurican Performante and I think we are close, but I would not dream of paying normal FMV for it right now.
It was at Porsche Austin. I drove it before the guy traded it and then drove it again when the dealer had it. Great car in great condition, I just couldn't live with another black car (says every black car owner before he/she gets another one....).
The following users liked this post:
Adams (04-22-2020)
Old 04-21-2020, 12:50 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

It was at Porsche Austin. I drove it before the guy traded it and then drove it again when the dealer had it. Great car in great condition, I just couldn't live with another black car (says every black car owner before he/she gets another one....).
That is it. I knew it it was a city with an A in it.

We actually discussed that car on here when it sold. I think there was someone saying or some concern that it was a bit rough, rock chips or something, on the front end or was not a super clean, pristine car. When you saw it, how was it cosmetically?
Old 04-21-2020, 03:10 PM
golfinz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug H
That is it. I knew it it was a city with an A in it.

We actually discussed that car on here when it sold. I think there was someone saying or some concern that it was a bit rough, rock chips or something, on the front end or was not a super clean, pristine car. When you saw it, how was it cosmetically?
Quite the opposite, imho. Paint was clean, interior was mint and was well maintained. Its owner (retired engineer) originally purchased form RAC. If it wasn't black, it would likely be in my garage.
The following 2 users liked this post by golfinz:
Adams (04-22-2020), Doug H (04-21-2020)
Old 04-22-2020, 08:29 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Interesting. That really nice All Things Porsche GTS cabriolet with 27k miles sold for about $80k with auction fees on Pcarmarket where as that nice Black GTS Coupe with only 6k miles just sold for about $60k with fees.

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...cabriolet-gts/

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...arrera-gts-12/

That black coupe on BAT would have been a great buy. Lesson here . . . this is a real bad time to sell, but the interior on that GTS cab attracted buyers. 2nd lesson is cannot really just compare manual versus nonmanual or etc. Each car is pretty unique and price can be heavily dependent upon builds/options.

Sit tight if shopping. I have feeling deals are going to get better shortly.
The following 2 users liked this post by Doug H:
Carrera991 (04-22-2020), Hindsight2010 (04-23-2020)

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)