Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 12:35 PM
fastb4ck
Rennlist Member

Received 351 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by GPappy
I would say that you did well.
I sent you a message, I saw that you were bidding on that white one from BAT

There is another white one near Chicago that I keep seeing on local marketplace in case you're interested
Old 04-15-2020, 02:09 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by raidersfan
Do not do business with anyone at ALL THINGS PORSCHE! Help that jerk find another career.

What an a-hole. When I sold my 991.2 here, the owner or manager called me from a club, no less, either drunk or high, and told me that he wanted my car at $92,500, which was $1500 less than I was asking at the time. Sure, I said, no problem. He called me back the next day to confirm, would send a deposit via paypal and asked for me to take my ad down immediately, which I stupidly did.

Of course, after 4 days of hearing nothing, I got in touch with him, and he told me "sorry, enclosed shipping is going to be $2400, I can't find anyone, and we just can't afford that". I had no trouble calling Reliable and getting a quote for $1150 picked up in 2 days, of course.

He obviously had someone in Miami ready to buy the car and needed me to pull the ad so that they didn't realize it was nothing more than a no value-add flip. If he hadn't told me to pull my ad down, I wouldn't have been pissed, but it was a lot of work to re-list it. I hadn't saved the text and I had a lot of pictures to upload each time.
Lol, this is awesome. Stil holding a grudge and took all that time to type this because your pissed about the time it took you to re-list? Vindictive dude and I am sure none of the above was embellished.

Dealers always ask you to take ads down immediately even if they don’t have another buyer lined up for several other reasons.

I know nothing about these guys except to say that they have some freaking awesome cars and not seeing any complaints about them selling misrepresented junk.

Last edited by Doug H; 04-15-2020 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-15-2020, 02:41 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Porsch
No argument here, the car is gorgeous. He has several beautiful low-milage beauties. After doing my homework, there was no way I was moving forward with him but I'm glad to hear you had a good experience.
I shrug off the personality, ego clash stuff if the car is great. Who the frick cares if they are nice or not if they have a unicorn and that is the car you want. Let me see, several years with a bad **** one of a kind or super mint, cherry unicorn car versus having to deal with a guy that rub someone else wrong for a moment.

I’ll take the car. It will last a lot longer than my interaction with the sales guy who could have just been having a bad day when you spoke to him . . . or perhaps you rubbed him wrong and he don’t take no shyte either. Who knows. Who cares if the car is awesome.
Old 04-15-2020, 03:28 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsch
The dealer is All Things Porsche. Do a search here before you buy, you’ll have plenty of reading. Better yet, call them up and have a conversation with the owner. Between the pricing and the owner’s reputation, it’s no wonder their cars sit and sit.
Do not do business with anyone at ALL THINGS PORSCHE! Help that jerk find another career.

What an a-hole.
Yep. Easily one of sleaziest dealers in the business.
The following 3 users liked this post by FORENN:
Adams (04-16-2020), Bobby 911 (04-17-2020), OvertonAutomotive (04-19-2020)
Old 04-15-2020, 04:21 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
Lol, this is awesome. Stil holding a grudge and took all that time to type this because your pissed about the time it took you to re-list? Vindictive dude and I am sure none of the above was embellished.

Dealers always ask you to take ads down immediately even if they don’t have another buyer lined up for several other reasons.

I know nothing about these guys except to say that they have some freaking awesome cars and not seeing any complaints about them selling misrepresented junk.
Vindictive? I own 2 businesses and get 5-star ratings on Google across the board. As a result, I expect to be treated as I treat my customers. Most businesses do a good job; a few take advantage and lie to get ahead. Both my businesses are customer focused and successful due to repeat business. I have backed out of a deal 2 different times to buy a car: both times, I sent the parties $1,000 to make up for their time and the fact that I gave them my word and then didn't complete the transaction.

If you think this dealer's actions are OK then we obviously have very different ethical standards.

The following 2 users liked this post by raidersfan:
Adams (04-16-2020), FORENN (04-17-2020)
Old 04-15-2020, 10:06 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Vindictive? I own 2 businesses and get 5-star ratings on Google across the board. As a result, I expect to be treated as I treat my customers. Most businesses do a good job; a few take advantage and lie to get ahead. Both my businesses are customer focused and successful due to repeat business. I have backed out of a deal 2 different times to buy a car: both times, I sent the parties $1,000 to make up for their time and the fact that I gave them my word and then didn't complete the transaction.

If you think this dealer's actions are OK then we obviously have very different ethical standards.
Haha, tell us how great you really are.

I dunno man. I cannot recall getting that bent over any car sales people over the years. Then again, I am used to dealing with a**holes trying to screw you and make you look bad after 26 years of hard core litigation mostly in NY, LA and Miami where the trial lawyers always play nice.

The experience you described wouldn't deter me if they had something awesome I wanted. Perhaps I am just thicker skinned.

That said, I did get super vindictive 3 years ago when I purchased a set of wheel and they sent the wrong shade, the finish was rough and had imperfections and they refused to take them back or contribute to the costs to have them refinished.

. . . Here is the link . . . It definitely was not one of my finer moments, but you gotta admit you have never seen a for sale ad like this one.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ly-2-days.html
Old 04-15-2020, 10:26 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by FORENN
Yep. Easily one of sleaziest dealers in the business.
Lol, give some examples of what they did. You guys have me curious now, but your just making generalizations with no facts. I need to call my buddy that owns an exotic dealership down there and get the skinny. He is just a jerk or does he actually rip people?

Edit: My buddy in North Miami said has never heard of All Things Porsche, but he also does not deal in Porsches really. He has more of a high end focus so he is going to check with some other guys around town that deal in Porsche.

Last edited by Doug H; 04-16-2020 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-16-2020, 11:23 AM
hexagone
Rennlist Member

Received 650 Likes on 308 Posts

Florida dealers gonna be Florida dealers. Might be a gross blanket statement, but I work in the dealer industry and this rings generally true down to the lowliest stores and up.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:15 PM
SP2000
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by hexagone
Florida dealers gonna be Florida dealers. Might be a gross blanket statement, but I work in the dealer industry and this rings generally true down to the lowliest stores and up.
I once got a quote from a FL dealer with a $799 doc fee and something like $800 title fee. I was impressed with their level of rip-off-ness. That's like hall of fame worthy stuff. But people must pay that otherwise they wouldn't try it.
The following users liked this post:
Doug H (04-16-2020)
Old 04-16-2020, 01:35 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by hexagone
Lol, completely true in the Peninsula. Same with attorneys down there. Completely the opposite dynamics up in the Panhandle for both car dealers and lawyers . . . and people in general. Its those dang New Yorkers that are so grumpy and aggressive down there and that mentality permeates South Florida. BTW, I have great friends in Miami from NY so don't get all uptight about my comment. You know you guys are different.

I have found that South Florida dealers that are owned by the larger corporate chains such as Sonic, Autonation or etc. still have normal reasonable dealer, doc and title fees and etc.
roadie13 (04-16-2020)
Old 04-16-2020, 02:25 PM
soundbehindyou
Burning Brakes

Received 215 Likes on 92 Posts

Relative to your NY = Florida connection.....I believe All Things Porsche used to be in Staten Island
Doug H (04-16-2020)
Old 04-16-2020, 02:41 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by soundbehindyou
Relative to your NY = Florida connection.....I believe All Things Porsche used to be in Staten Island
Lol, that explains in.
Old 04-16-2020, 04:02 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Received 861 Likes on 408 Posts

My sense is that most of these boutique dealers have very little patience for bottom feeders and tire kickers and are pretty good at quickly sniffing them out. Many have dedicated years to establishing a network of contacts that help them locate desirable cars. Sure, they will also snag any opportunity to take advantage of a public listing if they think they can profit from a flip. They are, after all, in it to make money. Now you get your Joe Shmoe that calls one of these dealers with the same mentality he has when he walks into a Chevy dealer to buy his wife a mini-van; that is to say, he expects the salesman to bend over backwards to make a sale for a $200 commission, and you end up with customer suffering from shell shock because they got called out. I'm not saying this is the case for anyone here, just speaking generally. From my personal experience, if you call any of these dealers and have an intelligent discussion about the car you're interested in, rather than starting your conversation with seeing how cheap you can get the car, you get taken much more seriously and treated with respect. If, on the other hand, you call and just start making low ball offers you get summarily dismissed like the piker that you really are. Again, this is just personal experience. I'm not commenting on any individuals on dealers in this thread.
Old 04-16-2020, 04:22 PM
SP2000
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 8Lug
My sense is that most of these boutique dealers have very little patience for bottom feeders and tire kickers and are pretty good at quickly sniffing them out. Many have dedicated years to establishing a network of contacts that help them locate desirable cars. Sure, they will also snag any opportunity to take advantage of a public listing if they think they can profit from a flip. They are, after all, in it to make money. Now you get your Joe Shmoe that calls one of these dealers with the same mentality he has when he walks into a Chevy dealer to buy his wife a mini-van; that is to say, he expects the salesman to bend over backwards to make a sale for a $200 commission, and you end up with customer suffering from shell shock because they got called out. I'm not saying this is the case for anyone here, just speaking generally. From my personal experience, if you call any of these dealers and have an intelligent discussion about the car you're interested in, rather than starting your conversation with seeing how cheap you can get the car, you get taken much more seriously and treated with respect. If, on the other hand, you call and just start making low ball offers you get summarily dismissed like the piker that you really are. Again, this is just personal experience. I'm not commenting on any individuals on dealers in this thread.
I always crack up at people who mix emotion and business. Both a buyer and a seller should have zero emotion invested in any of it. I as a buyer make you an offer. You have 3 options. Reject it, accept it or counter it. Being offended because it's a low offer is just stupid and shows a lack of maturity. Same with a buyer who gets their feathers ruffled because a salesman didn't bow down and kiss the ground they walk on.

As for the dealers who are too special to accept low offers. That changes very quickly when cashflow drops by 80% and the rent as well as payroll is due on the 1st of the month. Those "bottom feeders" start looking might appealing.
The following 2 users liked this post by SP2000:
nochain19 (04-16-2020), stripersteve (04-17-2020)
Old 04-16-2020, 05:19 PM
mujeriega
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
Lol, completely true in the Peninsula. Same with attorneys down there. Completely the opposite dynamics up in the Panhandle for both car dealers and lawyers . . . and people in general. Its those dang New Yorkers that are so grumpy and aggressive down there and that mentality permeates South Florida. BTW, I have great friends in Miami from NY so don't get all uptight about my comment. You know you guys are different.

I have found that South Florida dealers that are owned by the larger corporate chains such as Sonic, Autonation or etc. still have normal reasonable dealer, doc and title fees and etc.
Not sure if it is still the case but I still remember going to restaurants in South Florida in the late 90's early 00's and having the mandatory 18% tip regardless of party size... and then receiving legendary bad service for most of those trips.

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)