Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2020 | 05:56 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Abe Froman
It would still make a really nice driver, maybe a "beater" for someone looking for a winter Porsche.
That’s a lot of miles. Market shrinks quickly at that many mikes. I think it is priced a bit high based on the mileage.
Old 01-24-2020 | 06:00 PM
Abe Froman
Pro

Originally Posted by Doug H
That’s a lot of miles. Market shrinks quickly at that many mikes. I think it is priced a bit high based on the mileage.
That's a lot of car for, say, $68K .....wouldn't have to worry about baby'ing it.
I can only imagine how much it will be to get maintenance up-to-date though.
Old 01-24-2020 | 06:26 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ThomasCarreraGTS
No, not kidding at all. You obviously have not researched this. The GTS was designed with. a Bespoke suspension which is responsible for the amazing handling and ride that the car is known for. This is well documented. Porsche never intended for the sport suspension option to be ordered in the GTS - it was an S model option. Some people simply checked the box and got it. Without knowing what they were doing. More than one automotive journalist (Road & Track writer is one of them) have flat out said not to buy the sport option which ruins the GTS suspension. The GTS was also nicer intended to be offered with the 4WD system but Porsche marketing caved when a certain far north, cold weather country complained that they would t be able to sell the car without it.
Are you sure about this? The GTS and Carerra S share all the same suspension part numbers. I do recall reading a Porsche engineer's opinion that the standard suspension, being more compliant, actually resulted in a better feeling car at speed but I don't recall ever seeing anything about the GTS having any sort of bespoke suspension. Both Sport and Standard versions are shared with with the C2S. I'm a huge fan of the GTS and loved everything about mine, including the sport suspension.
Old 01-24-2020 | 06:30 PM
ThomasCarreraGTS
Rennlist Member

Fairly certain the GTS suspension was just the Sport Suspension. Perhaps the 991 models had 3 suspension options but the 997.2 Carreras had 3 ....Standard (base car) PASM and Sport PASM
If this is not the case, please cite your statements to educate us instead of just walking in the room, calling us dumb then leaving.
Thanks
https://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/...ssion_junction
Nice. I’ve seen this before, but what does it have to do with GTS suspension vs Sport Suspension?

Here is a credible automotive journalist which extensive Porsche experience:

Road & Track August 2018

Old 01-24-2020 | 09:27 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

That's a lot of car for, say, $68K .....wouldn't have to worry about baby'ing it.
I can only imagine how much it will be to get maintenance up-to-date though.
Agree about $68k or less being the price in this 78k mike Turbo.

Here is a 2011 for $78k that is far better and only has $44k miles. This car is sweet. I pulled Carfax and it was clean.

https://www.driventexas.com/inventor...urbo-91411po5/
Old 01-24-2020 | 09:44 PM
Carrera991
Racer

Are you paying for each carfax you pull ?

Agree about $68k or less being the price in this 78k mike Turbo.

Here is a 2011 for $78k that is far better and only has $44k miles. This car is sweet. I pulled Carfax and it was clean.

https://www.driventexas.com/inventor...urbo-91411po5/
Old 01-24-2020 | 11:06 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by davidtsedaka
Are you paying for each carfax you pull ?
Have an account I can use.
The following users liked this post:
Carrera991 (01-25-2020)
Old 01-25-2020 | 09:14 AM
Porsch
Banned

Originally Posted by 8Lug
Called the minute they opened, they took my deposit, then called back and said "sorry, car already sold, we're refunding your deposit".
Bush league dealer move.
Unframed (01-31-2020)
Old 01-25-2020 | 09:47 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Porsch
Bush league dealer move.
Mr. Happy joins!

Maybe correct though. They may have pulled it and will reprice later, although I doubt. If they do, the guy putting the deposit is welcome to PM me. I am lawyer and might could make a bit of a mess for them since they took your deposit. I doubt they would make that move over $10k extra profit which is nothing to a dealership in the big scheme of things.

Last edited by Doug H; 01-25-2020 at 12:13 PM.
Carrera991 (01-25-2020)
Old 01-25-2020 | 10:14 AM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Mr. Happy joins!

probably correct though. They may have pulled it and will reprice later, although I doubt. If they do, the guy putting the deposit is welcome to PM me. I am lawyer and might could make a bit of a mess for them since they took your deposit. I doubt they would make that move over $10k extra profit which is nothing to acdealership in the big scheme of things.
Bush league dealer move.
It happens. When I stole my GTS, I put a deposit down 10 minutes before closing the first day it listed. I couldn't believe it was still there at the end of the day. The next morning, the sales manager, who was off the day before took a deposit at opening. Another salesman who overheard his conversation with the deposit holder told him someone else put down money the night before (me). The sales manager had to call that person and tell them the same thing. The SM told me they had calls on it all day the first day, mostly people wanting picture's etc. I couldn't believe my luck. They also had tons of calls between the time of my deposit and the two weeks before I was able to get there and complete the purchase.

It's possible that multiple people called simultaneously. Whosoever credit card crosses the line first wins!

I had the same thing happen to me when I was building up the courage to take such a big leap and spend the bucks on a Porsche. A year ago or so, there was a very nice 1 owner CPO C4S listed for a couple of day's. I thought about it and finally called on it. The salesman I spoke to sent me picture's and it was a spectacular example. Over the next couple of hours I scrutinized the Carfax and called the different dealers to check maintenance history, etcetera. I hym'ed and hawed and finally called back to move forward on it and was told someone put down a deposit 15 minutes before. Arrgh!

I learned that day that good cars go fast and if you want a particular one, be prepared to move, quickly.
The following 2 users liked this post by Prairiedawg:
Doug H (01-25-2020), ThomasCarreraGTS (01-25-2020)
Old 01-25-2020 | 10:33 PM
Porsch
Banned

Mr. Happy joins!
I know you have a thing for me but is there any chance you could jump off my d*#$ for a bit and focus your trolling on someone else?
Doug H (01-25-2020)
Old 01-25-2020 | 10:50 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

I know you have a thing for me but is there any chance you could jump off my d*#$ for a bit and focus your trolling on someone else?
Dude, you just kind of bashed a dealer without any evidence or any information to back it up.

I have actually dealt with this dealer in the past as the have historically priced their used 911s very fairly and much lower than dealerships in larger cities. They and Sonic dealerships are always good places to check for reasonably priced, older 911s. Case in point with this GTS being priced well below market.

Today, I saw where you shyte on the new GT3 photos, shyte on the new super bowl ad, shyte on those likely to buy a Taycan and no you kinda shyte on this dealer. Didn’t seem very happy to me.

Last edited by Doug H; 01-25-2020 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-25-2020 | 11:27 PM
Porsch
Banned

Dude, you just kind of bashed a dealer without any evidence or any information to back it up.

I have actually dealt with this dealer in the past as the have historically priced their used 911s very fairly and much lower than dealerships in larger cities. They and Sonic dealerships are always good places to check for reasonably priced, older 911s. Case in point with this GTS being priced well below market.

Today, I saw where you shyte on the new GT3 photos, shyte on the new super bowl ad, shyte on those likely to buy a Taycan and no you kinda shyte on this dealer. Didn’t seem very happy to me.
My own personal Rennlist stalker. How fun (and absolutely not weird or creepy).
Doug H (01-26-2020)
Old 01-26-2020 | 09:41 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

^^^^^^^^^^LOL, not difficult to see when the 3 post I reference are quoting mine or in threads I am active in . . ..

Dang, I think this is an indication where 991 values are going . . . in the toilet for base, non-GT cars.

Here is a 991.1 with clean Carfax and not a not a crazy amount of miles for $48k

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...4833/overview/
Old 01-26-2020 | 09:50 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Early morning search for that just listed unicorn GTS Coupe for $70k and no luck, but here are some just listed manuals that are very interesting:

2011 base Manual Coupe with a clean Carfax for only $44k.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...8874/overview/

Just listed 2012 GTS Manual Coupe with 31k miles or $87,500. Way too much for that many miles in my opinion.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2732/overview/

I like this one: 2009 Turbo Coupe with Manual and only 32k miles for $69,999. Carfax clean.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...0010/overview/

2011 Turbo Coupe with Manual, 45k miles only $87k. I pulled Carfax and is shows clean.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2581/overview/.

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)