Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2020 | 03:23 PM
20C4S
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Doug H
Whats up Arling. Long time.
Old 05-13-2020 | 03:42 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by SP2000
I find it hard to believe a car that hadn't been driven in 10 years only needed an oil change and tires. Was it hermetically sealed or something?
You didn't even bother draining the gas tank? All the gaskets were good? No cracked belts? That's one hell of a car!!
Lol, We didn’t deal with the gas. I am assuming if there was a problem with gas it was addressed before sent over seas to my buddy. People don’t sell cars like that and deliver them with bad gas. As far as mechanical and seals, nope. She was good to go and ran hard.

I purchased a 2001 Diablo in late 2005 that basically had delivery miles (less than 200).. Guess what, I met the transporter in a parking lot of a Walmart about 10 miles from my house and hit 150 on the way home. My brother was in my 2004 996tt Ruf 550 cab following me back to my house and he could not keep up.. . . I think SOL has run on that one.

Moral of the story here, don’t ever purchase a car I have owned.
The following 2 users liked this post by Doug H:
lexhair (05-14-2020), prost893 (05-13-2020)
Old 05-13-2020 | 04:40 PM
Kineticdg
Racer

Wow, prices are really holding up! I got my nicely optioned (Bose/S-PASM/Nav/memory/Sharkwerks X-pipe/spacers) 34k miles, pristine condition, 2009 C2S Manual on Feb 29th for $48k, thought that by now that would be looking like less of a fantastic buy. I didn't care if prices dropped (wasn't really looking for a deal, just a great car), but I doubt I could do better even today.
Old 05-13-2020 | 05:14 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Kineticdg
Wow, prices are really holding up! I got my nicely optioned (Bose/S-PASM/Nav/memory/Sharkwerks X-pipe/spacers) 34k miles, pristine condition, 2009 C2S Manual on Feb 29th for $48k, thought that by now that would be looking like less of a fantastic buy. I didn't care if prices dropped (wasn't really looking for a deal, just a great car), but I doubt I could do better even today.
Is that red one that was listed by the Chevy dealer we talked about in this thread a while back? If so, I thought they listed it at $60K. You got it for $48K or is that a mistype on the keyboard?
Old 05-14-2020 | 10:30 PM
Unframed
Racer

The 5k mile manual GTS4 that CNC couldn’t move at $99k got shipped off to AllThingsPorsche and now it’s on pcarmarket.

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...-gts/#comments
Old 05-14-2020 | 10:39 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Unframed
The 5k mile manual GTS4 that CNC couldn’t move at $99k got shipped off to AllThingsPorsche and now it’s on pcarmarket.

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...-gts/#comments
This car was like $109k before the pandemic.
Old 05-14-2020 | 11:44 PM
Upscale Audio
Banned

This car was like $109k before the pandemic.

It was never worth anything like that. It's worth less than a standard GTS first off, and Guards Red, though loved by some, isn't great for resale. The best part is 5k miles and it's "in the wrapper" new looking though I don't get why the steering wheel is discolored in the pictures. It may be a reflection as I saw this car in person at CNC and it was mint. Before Covid $84k max. Now? Not much difference.
Old 05-15-2020 | 03:13 AM
Kineticdg
Racer

Is that red one that was listed by the Chevy dealer we talked about in this thread a while back? If so, I thought they listed it at $60K. You got it for $48K or is that a mistype on the keyboard?
That one wasn't mine, we talked about it right around the time that a RennLister reached out to me, private sale. Mine is Arctic Silver, no mistype.
Old 05-15-2020 | 03:25 AM
Kineticdg
Racer

That one wasn't mine, we talked about it right around the time that a RennLister reached out to me, private sale. Mine is Arctic Silver, no mistype.
I looked up that red car again, it had a little bit better spec than mine. Similar though, the biggest difference is sports seats vs my heated / cooled memory comfort seats. I would love those sports seats, but they're not worth $12k to me ;-)
Old 05-15-2020 | 03:26 AM
Kineticdg
Racer

delete
Old 05-15-2020 | 03:36 AM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
I don't get why the steering wheel is discolored in the pictures. It may be a reflection as I saw this car in person at CNC and it was mint.
The door is open, so the overhead and left map lights are shining on the wheel.

I have never seen the aluminum/leather shift **** and handbrake options before. (X97 and X98)
The shift **** resembles the PDK "aluminum look" **** I optioned on my Macan GTS. (Obscenely priced option, but it is something one touches every drive and looks much cooler than stock.)
Old 05-15-2020 | 08:18 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
It was never worth anything like that. It's worth less than a standard GTS first off, and Guards Red, though loved by some, isn't great for resale. The best part is 5k miles and it's "in the wrapper" new looking though I don't get why the steering wheel is discolored in the pictures. It may be a reflection as I saw this car in person at CNC and it was mint. Before Covid $84k max. Now? Not much difference.
I have seen 2 red GTS sales in last 9 months. One was a +/- 20k mile pdk sold CPO that listed for upper $70s and sold within 30 days. The other was the BAT pdk with 19k miles and an aftermarket GT3 look spoiler thingy tacked on that didn’t do as well, $73.5k total purchase price.

I like the interior of this 5k mile red GTS with red gauges and red seat belts. This car would bring a large premium purchase price under normal conditions and should have been able to better than that 11k mike white GTS manual that went for close to $90k with buyer premium on BAT pre-Covid.

Red GTSs rarer than white and seem to be more liquid when prices cirrectky. That $109,997 ask pre-vivid was insanely high. I think it would have moved at $89k pretty well pre-Covid.
Old 05-15-2020 | 04:39 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Not sure I agree with with all the "pre-covid" comments. I haven't seen any change in prices paid for top tier cars. I'm guessing that people shopping for these Porsche unicorns are not the ones getting laid off from service jobs. This car is not only unique but also low mileage and pristine. You will literally not find another one like it. Comparing it to 30K mile plain spec GTSs and PDKs is nonsensical. We all know condition, spec, manual, and ultra low mileage bring a huge premium. These cars are bought by people who want the ultimate example and have the money to pay for one. Not by guys looking to put miles on and worrying about resale.
Old 05-15-2020 | 05:05 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 8Lug
Not sure I agree with with all the "pre-covid" comments. I haven't seen any change in prices paid for top tier cars. I'm guessing that people shopping for these Porsche unicorns are not the ones getting laid off from service jobs. This car is not only unique but also low mileage and pristine. You will literally not find another one like it. Comparing it to 30K mile plain spec GTSs and PDKs is nonsensical. We all know condition, spec, manual, and ultra low mileage bring a huge premium. These cars are bought by people who want the ultimate example and have the money to pay for one. Not by guys looking to put miles on and worrying about resale.
We will see what the red one does. This car is much more desirable than the white GTS manual that went for $90k total price on BAT.

Without a doubt, not everyone is impacted. The market is smaller though which makes a difference in an auction.

The only downside to this car to me in AWD, but some may consider this the ultimate GTS with the AWD. I think this car would have moved at $89k in February. The $109k was ridiculfucous.
Old 05-15-2020 | 05:37 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

We will see what the red one does. This car is much more desirable than the white GTS manual that went for $90k total price on BAT.

Without a doubt, not everyone is impacted. The market is smaller though which makes a difference in an auction.

The only downside to this car to me in AWD, but some may consider this the ultimate GTS with the AWD. I think this car would have moved at $89k in February. The $109k was ridiculfucous.
I agree with you on the AWD part. Personally for me the appeal of the GTS is wide body on a RWD platform. But many don't see it this way and simply look at the AWD GTS version as being even more rare (which it is) and thus more desirable. Allthingsporsche has sold this same car once before (2018), and I'm sure they will have no problem selling it again.

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)