Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 08:17 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 905 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Dkk16
Yes it was Rick. I told him I was a Chiefs fan. I’d prefer a 18-19 Targa, however having challenges finding a good build. He said it was serviced in May of 2019 but has no service records. He wasn’t sure when the Factory warranty is good till. I only called him once early and did not have time to get back to him. He will be in at 10am Monday.

Just give a good once over. Maybe get a good look at the front and sides for chips, scratches (I don’t know if it has any PPF or tint) any excessive wear & tear on the interior ... appreciated!!

Do you knows good Porsche shop close by for a ppi?
Rick used to work at Carlock Motorcars, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Aston Martin, Maserati, Ferrari, Lotus and etc. The owner is a friend, got my DB11 there and Rick was there several years. He and his wife are good people, but he does fast talk you . . .

Autobahn, used to be Arde same family, buys nice stuff or at least they used to. Their inventory seems kind of weak now.

I know the guys at Porsche Nashville. I sent you Service manager, Chandler's, cell number who can set up a PPI. I also know the guys over a German Motorworks on 6th Avenue. They have done most of the PPIs on 911s I have sold to out of town people, but I would prefer Porsche Nashville to do the PPI if I was purchasing.

Last edited by Doug H; 01-19-2020 at 10:38 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:43 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Yes it was Rick. I told him I was a Chiefs fan. I’d prefer a 18-19 Targa, however having challenges finding a good build. He said it was serviced in May of 2019 but has no service records. He wasn’t sure when the Factory warranty is good till. I only called him once early and did not have time to get back to him. He will be in at 10am Monday.

Just give a good once over. Maybe get a good look at the front and sides for chips, scratches (I don’t know if it has any PPF or tint) any excessive wear & tear on the interior ... appreciated!!

Do you knows good Porsche shop close by for a ppi?
Don't tell Rick I am looking at it for you or he will bs me. I told him 6 months or so ago I was looking for a Targa. Once I get the scoop, I will take some close up pictures of anything odd or wrong.

In Service date is April of 2017 for warranty purposes.

It is strange how the car was sold at auction, sat at Autobahn for a while, got titled for a short period of time and for only a 1,000 miles and now back for sale.

Someone apparently paid sales tax on it within the last 5 months. That said, Rick knows a lot of exotic car owners here in Nashville and some of these guys buy and resale cars in a matter of months, literally.

Last edited by Doug H; 01-19-2020 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:25 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

Yea, I was thinking about it.I did not openly see anyone talking about Nashville. Actually I was not planning on asking anyone till I saw your messages.
there are several 991 owners in the Nashville area on Rennlist, I’m sure one or more wd be happy to help.
The following users liked this post:
Dkk16 (01-19-2020)
Old 01-19-2020, 10:11 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Bobby 911
there are several 991 owners in the Nashville area on Rennlist, I’m sure one or more wd be happy to help.
Be fine with me, but I have owned a 991.1 Turbo and a 991.2 Turbo and bought and sold at least 40 911s over the years. I have also acted as a purchaser’s agent and a seller’s agent on high end, rare 7 figure plus auto transactions. I’d like to think I could handle a visual inspection for someone.

Happy to pass baton to someone else. No worries either way. I have to be in Brentwood tomorrow and will pass right by this dealership.

Last edited by Doug H; 01-19-2020 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 11:03 PM
Dkk16
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
Be fine with me, but I have owned a 991.1 Turbo and a 991.2 Turbo and bought and sold at least 40 911s over the years. I have also acted as a purchaser’s agent and a seller’s agent on high end, rare 7 figure plus auto transactions. I’d like to think I could handle a visual inspection for someone.

Happy to pass baton to someone else. No worries either way. I have to be in Brentwood tomorrow and will pass right by this dealership.
I would appreciate if you would.

It’s not necessarily implied, however I don’t want to start a territorial 991-997 Turf war

I won’t blow your cover with Rick. Soften him up and get him ready for me!!

Ive been looking for Targa’s for 2 months now. I have a pretty good handle on the market. Having said that, the market IMO is screwy because the last few new ones were delivered in December and new ones won’t arrive until next December.

Old 01-19-2020, 11:12 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

I would appreciate if you would.

It’s not necessarily implied, however I don’t want to start a territorial 991-997 Turf war

I won’t blow your cover with Rick. Soften him up and get him ready for me!!

Ive been looking for Targa’s for 2 months now. I have a pretty good handle on the market. Having said that, the market IMO is screwy because the last few new ones were delivered in December and new ones won’t arrive until next December.
Check you PM. I sent you the cell number of my buddy at Porsche Nashville. Tell him I sent you if you contact him about a PPI. He is super knowledgeable and nice. PM me your cell phone and I will send some close up photos tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:06 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,058 Likes on 742 Posts

Its a Porsche 911. Do you buy for a leather dash or to drive? I honestly think full leather is the most useless option. If a car that I want has it, great. If not, I don’t care. Much rather have SC, LS, SPASM, PSE, aero kit, seat ventilation, pdk and etc. I think interior and dash look just fine without full leather.

Never understood this one either. Full leather is nice but the absence of it being a deal breaker for a car that has everything else the buyer wants??? There have been threads like that here where full leather was a must, never mind that it had everything else the buyer wanted and the price was right. My -09 C4S had full leather. My GTS doesn't and I never gave the difference a second thought.
The following 6 users liked this post by sandwedge:
Carrera991 (01-20-2020), Doug H (01-20-2020), Liste-Renn (01-24-2020), nearmiss (01-22-2020), ThomasCarreraGTS (01-20-2020), Unframed (01-31-2020) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-20-2020, 09:40 AM
Jaskfri
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincent713
For sure cocoa is my favorite interior!
It is one of my favorites too. I sold my slate gray/sand beige 2006 C2S for a GT silver/cocoa 2009 turbo cab with a cocoa top.I have had several strangers comment on how special/elegant it looks.I love the way Porsche makes the whole interior cocoa unlike other manufacturers who insert second,third and fourth colors. Less is more..
Vincent713 (01-21-2020)
Old 01-20-2020, 09:46 AM
Aclmin
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 49 Posts

Paint to Sample Mexico Blue 2006 C2S Tiptronic, 61k miles - $47,000

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
Old 01-20-2020, 11:25 AM
ThomasCarreraGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by raidersfan
Not a scam; it is on Smith's website. Price seems about normal: it is a PDK and there doesn't seem to be a ton of demand for GTS PDK models, unlike manuals. This is a really nice build though.
That's simply not true. PDK far outsells manual transmissions, and the PDK cars are much faster. More buyers prefer PDK and that will continue in the future. There were few old school manuals sold, due to little demand, and now there are some people who are seeking those few cars out, which means supply is lower than demand. That's great if you have one to sell, and will probably remain the case going forward. But it is not accurate to say there is little demand for PDK because the facts simply prove that statement wrong.
Old 01-20-2020, 12:20 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ThomasCarreraGTS
That's simply not true. PDK far outsells manual transmissions, and the PDK cars are much faster. More buyers prefer PDK and that will continue in the future. There were few old school manuals sold, due to little demand, and now there are some people who are seeking those few cars out, which means supply is lower than demand. That's great if you have one to sell, and will probably remain the case going forward. But it is not accurate to say there is little demand for PDK because the facts simply prove that statement wrong.
Yes, the pdk GTS pdks are moving pretty well, especially for this time of year. I was tracking about 10 since around mid December in this thread and it looks like all have sold including that 57k mile CPO, except for the Porsche of Austin Coupe with about 40k miles. A wrecked one and one with 73k miles were recently added.

The pdk cabs have been selling. Scottsdale Porsche sold both their wrecked GTS pdk cab with 38k miles and they had a 60k mile CPO GTS pdk that vanished quickly. Both blue dark blue GTS pdk cabs are no longer on the national locator and others documented above in this thread appear sold.

Ultimo sold this yellow GTS pdk cab quickly with a list of $72k:

https://www.ultimomotors.com/invento...cb2a90cs754881

This should make Prariedog feel pretty good about his yellow GTS cab he purchased the first day it was listed. I purchased mine the first day it was listed and lost another white pdk cab that was already purchased when I called about it within 12 to 18 hours of being listed.

RE: Used GTSs stll on Porsche National Car Locator (2 manual GTSs, a wrecked cab, a very high mileage cab and a coupe with 40k miles):

2011 GTS Cab pdk with Wreck on the Carfax and 40k miles for $68.

https://nationalpreownedporsche.com/...Black+33838651

2012 GTS Coupe pdk with 40k miles for $71k.

https://nationalpreownedporsche.com/...Black+29640725

2012 GTS 4 cab with 74k miles for $60k.

https://nationalpreownedporsche.com/...Black+29640725

and the 2 super high priced manual coupes ($94k and $100k).

Last edited by Doug H; 01-20-2020 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:29 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,035 Likes on 556 Posts

Ultimo sold this yellow GTS pdk cab quickly with a list of $72k:

https://www.ultimomotors.com/invento...cb2a90cs754881

This should make Prariedog feel pretty good about his yellow GTS cab he purchased the first day it was listed. I purchased mine the first day it was listed and lost another white pdk cab that was already purchased when I called about it within 12 to 18 hours of being listed.
I called about that car when it was first listed and wasn't priced. I was curious what they were asking for a "exotic" dealer for a similar car to mine. I was told $69 if I was a serious buyer. For comparison purposes though mine had 6k less miles, was a GTS cab not a 4GTS cab, mine is a 6 speed and CPO. All in all I think I did pretty well and I don't think there's any comp for for mine to compare to. This one is same color and similarly optioned and is as close as I'm going to get.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:46 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Prairiedawg
I called about that car when it was first listed and wasn't priced. I was curious what they were asking for a "exotic" dealer for a similar car to mine. I was told $69 if I was a serious buyer. For comparison purposes though mine had 6k less miles, was a GTS cab not a 4GTS cab, mine is a 6 speed and CPO. All in all I think I did pretty well and I don't think there's any comp for for mine to compare to. This one is same color and similarly optioned and is as close as I'm going to get.
They listed it at $71,800. See the below link 3rd car down. Wow, just pulled the Carfax and it had front-end damage on the Carfax. Even better for you. It sold in less than a month. Damage on Carfax is generally a decent hit on price. CPO, clean Carfax, less miles and your options should be a $10k premium over this car.

https://www.ultimomotors.com/used-ve...odel%5B%5D=911
Old 01-20-2020, 04:55 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasCarreraGTS
Yes, PDK outsells manual by quite a lot, but that doesn't mean the demand ratio for a PDK is higher.

I would venture to say that at a minimum, 30% of 997.2 GTS buyers are looking for manuals. If one scans the number of 997.2 GTS cars for sale, far fewer than 30% of the total is a manual, hence the higher prices.
Porsch (01-25-2020)
Old 01-21-2020, 11:34 AM
Abe Froman
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

Not me. Wife used to a little. I game. When?
First weekend of Feb!
Doug H (01-24-2020)

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)