Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 10:05 AM
ThomasCarreraGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by samselt

I refute. Clearly (as reported in the Hendricks database) in December of 2015 and then may of 2016 issues of cornering stability and of improper lowering of the vehicle were identified and solutions were quoted. I did not find invoices after May of 2016 that indicates that the repairs/ modifications suggested by Hendricks were done. Further, there are issues with toe and camber that can not be addressed(again pulled From the Hendrix's database) Because of the way the car is currently set up

And this, friends, is why dealers are reluctant to provide you with a cars service records when you purchase one used. No dealer needs to get involved in this stuff.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:58 AM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Received 861 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasCarreraGTS
And this, friends, is why dealers are reluctant to provide you with a cars service records when you purchase one used. No dealer needs to get involved in this stuff.
Not sure I follow. Why would the dealer that performed the service care if this was posted? They identified a problem with a customer car and suggested corrective measures. It’s great that this type of information is available and shared.
Old 08-04-2019, 03:12 PM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

I refute. Clearly (as reported in the Hendricks database) in December of 2015 and then may of 2016 issues of cornering stability and of improper lowering of the vehicle were identified and solutions were quoted. I did not find invoices after May of 2016 that indicates that the repairs/ modifications suggested by Hendricks were done. Further, there are issues with toe and camber that can not be addressed(again pulled From the Hendrix's database) Because of the way the car is currently set up
I am the former owner of this car. I NEVER REPORTED ISSUES WITH CORNERING STABILITY. How someone writes something up on a form is NO concern of mine. I talk to the techs directly. I bought the car with low mileage and already lowered. I inquired about returning the car to stock height as I intended to daily drive it and had concerns about clearance of certain driveway and parking lot entrances. The more I drove the car and found alternative entrances to the locations I frequented I opted not to return it to stock height as I liked the way it looked. I have nothing to gain in posting this. I sold the car more than two months ago. That buyer has resold the car and now a third party is selling the car. Hendrick has been a good dealership to deal with for the most part but their documenting process was never their strong suit. When I booked service appointments over the phone, I usually had to correct mis-documented items when I dropped off the car for the appointment Service advisors/mangers seemed to change yearly compounding the problem.

If you paid for a PPI and all they did was glance over previous service reports, you did not get your money's worth. When I last checked, Mercedes was selling the car for $53K, Hendrick would've priced the car higher, I've been a customer for years and am very familiar with how they price their cars.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:09 AM
Triplesticks
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New guy

I’m in the process of searching for a 997. I’ve found a 09 997.2 with 36k miles fairly local to me and was hoping to get a price suggestion.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:43 AM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Triplesticks
I’m in the process of searching for a 997. I’ve found a 09 997.2 with 36k miles fairly local to me and was hoping to get a price suggestion.
A low mileage 6 speed .2 S is already a tough find and if that’s the color combo you want then jump on it if it checks out. As far as the value goes it comes down to what you’re willing to pay for it. My guess is it’s priced in the high $50s/low $60s and it may be worth that to someone looking for a really unique color but these colors can also sit on lots while the seller tries to find just that perfect buyer willing to pay a premium.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:08 PM
Triplesticks
Intermediate

Thanks for the reply. Someone has a deposit on it now👎

Originally Posted by Chris M.
A low mileage 6 speed .2 S is already a tough find and if that’s the color combo you want then jump on it if it checks out. As far as the value goes it comes down to what you’re willing to pay for it. My guess is it’s priced in the high $50s/low $60s and it may be worth that to someone looking for a really unique color but these colors can also sit on lots while the seller tries to find just that perfect buyer willing to pay a premium.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:17 PM
stripersteve
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Pay a premium ? My experience in looking for a car for quite some time is that this color was being typically sold for the least money, as it was not a popular color....
Old 08-05-2019, 12:24 PM
Triplesticks
Intermediate

I get both points. Someone who wants this color would pay for it as there aren’t many examples. For others, macadamia would be a deal breaker. Then there are guys like me. I have a color preference, but can appreciate non traditional colors. Bottom line- “there’s a butt for every seat”

Originally Posted by stripersteve
Pay a premium ? My experience in looking for a car for quite some time is that this color was being typically sold for the least money, as it was not a popular color....
Old 08-05-2019, 01:08 PM
RidePcar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Deleted

Last edited by RidePcar; 08-15-2019 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Deleted post
Old 08-05-2019, 01:44 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Ones I have seen sell here are in the mid 50's with that mileage. Dealers probably charge a bit more

I wouldn't pay 60k for a car with that mileage unless it was an incredible build, but that is just me. You can get a manual GTS private party for low 70's. I think someone a couple of months back got one in LA for $72k with 18,000 miles, manual. There should be a significant difference in price between a 2009 C2S with 35k miles and a 2012 GTS with 18k miles, more than $12,000, so yeah, I would shop private party first and see what is out there.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:42 PM
911speedin
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RidePcar
Not sure if anyone here would be interested, but I’m planning to list my 997.2 2009 C2 6 speed, and looking for mid $30’s. 2 owner, midnight blue, higher miles but over maintained. PM if interested, I’ll probably formally list it this weekend.
Id be interested in taking a look. Local in md. I dont think i can pm for some reason.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:54 PM
G.I.G.
Pro

Received 296 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by 911speedin
Id be interested in taking a look. Local in md. I dont think i can pm for some reason.
I think you need to have a minimum number of forum posts (5 or 10 I think) before you can use the PM function. Or if you go with a paid membership.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:00 PM
jkoravos
Pro

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

It's on their site at $49,900 now.

https://www.grandprimotors.com/used/...autotrader.com
Old 08-11-2019, 08:03 PM
samselt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkoravos
Different vehicle.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:49 PM
jkoravos
Pro

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Different vehicle.
Oops, you're right. The blue color on both caught me.

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)