What did you do to your 997 today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 10:15 PM
dalancroft
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by david
Spolied in NorCal also.

Windows open. Sunroof open. Spoiler up. Stupid smile planted.
We're in the San Mateo Highlands and love Hwy 1 as a driving option. Are you north or south of Half Moon Bay there? I can't tell.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:15 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by dalancroft
We're in the San Mateo Highlands and love Hwy 1 as a driving option. Are you north or south of Half Moon Bay there? I can't tell.
Hmmm...way north of Half Moon Bay: north of the GGB and just south of Steep Ravine and the downhill to Stinson Beach. The Point in the distance is Duxbury Point near the non-existent town of Bolinas.

Methinks that this is Comanche's (and one of mine!) fave drives in the hood. This was my "commute" home yesterday:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Mill...38.1010337!3e0

Earlier in the day I was able to blast through Samuel P. Taylor State Park with absolutely no one in front of me on the whole stretch from Olema to Lagunitas. For those of you in the area, Sir Francis Drake is fully re-paved for most of that stretch of road and is an excellent drive!

Last light on Inverness Ridge
Attached Images  
Old 11-26-2014, 11:05 AM
Comanche_699
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

David! Lucky DAWG! I had to limit my driving to the industrial zones of Richmond yesterday, however I did manage to squeeze a few miles in well after dark and took in the stars out by Sonoma raceway.

That first shot you posted is beautiful! I would totally print that and put it in my garage. It is also one of my favorite turns on the route because it's the first of a short series of turns that you have to enter just right, or you get a wheel-well full of sharp rocks and get to finish the drive home on a flatbed (where your local tire dealer is standing by anxious, to sell you "at least a pair" of brand-new tires)...

Ask me how I know!

(January 2014...)

Delanacroft- you should definitely come up! It's a lot closer than it sounds and it's easily some of the best driving in Northern California: but on weekends it can be kind a "Prius and Honda Odyssey heavy" (if you catch my drift). It's a beautiful Drive pretty much from Mill Valley all the way up to Fort Bragg.

Dan
Old 11-26-2014, 11:43 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche_699
David! Lucky DAWG! I had to limit my driving to the industrial zones of Richmond yesterday, however I did manage to squeeze a few miles in well after dark and took in the stars out by Sonoma raceway.
Don't I know it! Gonna just have to enjoy the great weather out here for a few more days (I'm feeling it for the folks back east that have bedded their rides and are contending with what looks to be some nasty weather)!

That first shot you posted is beautiful! I would totally print that and put it in my garage. It is also one of my favorite turns on the route because it's the first of a short series of turns that you have to enter just right, or you get a wheel-well full of sharp rocks and get to finish the drive home on a flatbed (where your local tire dealer is standing by anxious, to sell you "at least a pair" of brand-new tires)...

Ask me how I know!
I remember when you did that to the frog and I always consider that stretch of road to shed many sizes of stones...yesterday was no exception with a number of locales littered near the edge of the road!

Delanacroft- you should definitely come up! It's a lot closer than it sounds and it's easily some of the best driving in Northern California: but on weekends it can be kind a "Prius and Honda Odyssey heavy" (if you catch my drift). It's a beautiful Drive pretty much from Mill Valley all the way up to Fort Bragg.
Well MV and the Marin coast is not far from the San Mateo coast but it is a lot of (incredible) driving to get up to Ft. Bragg (and the road further north to the Lost Coast is just as spectacular!)
Old 11-26-2014, 09:55 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by mt6442
took car out for a wash and nice drive on the back roads of San Diego.
let's see those wheels
Old 11-27-2014, 01:50 PM
Comanche_699
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
let's see those wheels
What he said!
Old 11-27-2014, 04:14 PM
andy92782
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Today I left the 4runner at home and racked up my new mountain bike transport vehicle... Just another 80 degree Thanksgiving in OC. Much to be thankful for this year!

Name:  ForumRunner_20141127_121302.png
Views: 867
Size:  524.8 KB
Old 11-28-2014, 04:15 PM
Sneaky Pete
Nordschleife Master

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Not much for Black Friday sales......unless it is for the pcar. Maxspeed has 20% off on everything thru today only. Just ordered some NHP 200 cell cats.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:43 PM
tom030
Intermediate

Griots in Tacoma had a "scratch and dent" sale this morning so the P car has a new 3" orbital polisher with pads, new license plate frames and a wash bucket.
~tom
Old 11-29-2014, 01:31 AM
crazypilot
Intermediate

Drove it top down to my local store hookup to buy "Pliny the Elder" after a two week hiatus. Man that's some tasty beer!!!
Old 11-29-2014, 01:39 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,473 Likes on 924 Posts

Drove with my top down today too. In November!!!
Old 11-29-2014, 01:57 AM
dalancroft
Racer

Originally Posted by david
Hmmm...way north of Half Moon Bay: north of the GGB and just south of Steep Ravine and the downhill to Stinson Beach. The Point in the distance is Duxbury Point near the non-existent town of Bolinas.
Ahhh Marin. We were up that way in late June taking friends visiting from Texas to Muir Woods. Spectacular country that way although I was driving a full-sized 12-passenger van to accommodate both families + friends.
Old 11-29-2014, 02:00 AM
dalancroft
Racer

Dan

We should -- we have driven some of those roads, particularly from 101 on 128 to Mendocino, and throughout the Sonoma Wine Country, in a few nice cars including my wife's first convertible, a 2000 BMW Z3, her Audi A4 and S4 cab, but not "Penny" -- yet!
Old 11-29-2014, 09:07 AM
SJP3003
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

What I did (yesterday): Picked up my recently acquired '06 997S from the local P shop after its second bout of personalization and tidying up issues inherited on the car: (1) New ignition switch; (2) new A/C control unit (original switches were beyond repair); (2) Installed black sports steering wheel acquired on the Rennlist marketplace (thanks Wheeler!) to replace the original beige wheel (3) installed MAcarbon CF door handle covers; (4) installed Porsche CF shifter and e-brake handle; (5) acquired and programmed third, updated key; (6) installed new instrument cluster after original's LCD display cropped out the day I received the car; (7) installed new cupholders as one of the originals was DOA; (8) hammering the car on a short drive (9) leaving a Critterzone air purifier hooked up inside the car.

First bout a few weeks ago included: (1) new serpentine belt; (2) new tries as car still had OEs; (3) carbon wrapping entry sills and fuse doors; (4) new mats; (5) rear deck Lloyds mat; (6) unclogging sunroof and AC drains; (6) Lexolling the leather; (7) filling up the CD Changer; (8) blasting the AC to get as much deteriorating foam out of the ducts as possible (nasty stuff that disintegrates and easily stains); (9) polish and wax; (10) battery tendering for a few days to make sure the battery is topped up; (11) installed new radio buttons.

More to come as SunCoast and Rennlist Marketplace purchases trickle in...
Old 11-29-2014, 09:44 AM
Ryun43
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 14 Posts

First night with the GTS. Family was out of town visiting family so I popped a beer or two and spent some quality time with the car.
-cleaned up some tire shine the dealer had put on
-Programmed the homelink remotes
-removed the airbag stickers from the visors
-hooked up my cheapo bluetooth solution. I used a bluetrip in the 12v outlet in the center console and ran the aux cable inside the center console. Pairs nicely with my phone and sound quality is good enough for me.I used the same solution for my cayman and for $80 it is fine.
-Set some locations in the navigation.

Next week come the fun mods...

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 997 today?