Sponsored by:

Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2023, 03:07 PM
Paul S.
Pro

Received 92 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by 997TC
Thanks for trying. The operating manual link is fine so not sure why Porsche has the nav manual blocked.
I have the PCCM + Nav manual and tried to upload it, but keep getting an error message stating the AI image has the wrong file extension. It's just a PDF. If you DM your email address I can email it to you.
The following users liked this post:
997TC (05-11-2023)
Old 05-10-2023, 03:16 PM
bxstrCA
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

So a couple of drives, post completion. the SXM radio quality is terrible - almost staticky sounding (especially noticeable when listening to talking). The USB be quality or CarPlay sound appears to be better. The nav worked for about 10 turns then "iGO Navigation is shutting down" is all that appears on the screen. I have no words.

If anyone has experience with the Nav issue, please let me know - was this how the defective cards behaved?

The car still goes vroom vroom and it's cornering hasn't been affected by this PCCM+ unit (I guess the heaviness is just the profit porsche has made from getting a german company to higher a chinese company to manufacture a german brand) 😆
Old 05-10-2023, 04:22 PM
fritzcurtis
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey bxtstrCA. Regarding XM, do your logos disappear after you turn off and restart the car again. Having an issue with them not staying and having to reload every time I use the car.
Old 05-10-2023, 04:24 PM
fritzcurtis
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

You might have audiopilot enabled. I noticed it was affecting quality and volume levels of radio when driving. Try disabling it
Old 05-10-2023, 04:52 PM
JJT
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 997TC
Thanks for trying. The operating manual link is fine so not sure why Porsche has the nav manual blocked.
Here it is
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Operating manual_EN.pdf (5.59 MB, 136 views)
OperatingmanualENus.pdf (5.59 MB, 131 views)
navigationus.pdf (4.48 MB, 128 views)
The following 2 users liked this post by JJT:
997TC (05-11-2023), Freakhead (05-11-2023)
Old 05-10-2023, 09:25 PM
bxstrCA
Instructor

Originally Posted by fritzcurtis
You might have audiopilot enabled. I noticed it was affecting quality and volume levels of radio when driving. Try disabling it
I don't have the Bose system so no audiopilot ... The presets do behave strangely: I put in 5 presets and only the one I'm listening to populates with the channel graphic, the others stay 'Sirius XM". When I start it up again the preset is cleared of the graphic. At least it saved the preset ... I guess the station graphic is fed with the signal. My antenna is under the cowl (which is the best place for it) so I'm not sure ...
Old 05-10-2023, 09:54 PM
bxstrCA
Instructor

Oh, and my GPS antenna is properly connected - the hardware diagnostics in the sys dev menu show the antenna is captured. So it's not a CANbus/other connector issue.
Old 05-11-2023, 03:06 AM
997TC
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JJT
Here it is
Thank you, you're awesome!
Old 05-11-2023, 10:01 AM
diceman725
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bxstrCA
I don't have the Bose system so no audiopilot ... The presets do behave strangely: I put in 5 presets and only the one I'm listening to populates with the channel graphic, the others stay 'Sirius XM". When I start it up again the preset is cleared of the graphic. At least it saved the preset ... I guess the station graphic is fed with the signal. My antenna is under the cowl (which is the best place for it) so I'm not sure ...
i had same problem with SXM. Fixed it by purchasing another SXV300 and all the graphics loaded fine
Old 05-11-2023, 06:48 PM
Paul S.
Pro

Received 92 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by bxstrCA
So a couple of drives, post completion. the SXM radio quality is terrible - almost staticky sounding (especially noticeable when listening to talking). The USB be quality or CarPlay sound appears to be better. The nav worked for about 10 turns then "iGO Navigation is shutting down" is all that appears on the screen. I have no words.

If anyone has experience with the Nav issue, please let me know - was this how the defective cards behaved?

The car still goes vroom vroom and it's cornering hasn't been affected by this PCCM+ unit (I guess the heaviness is just the profit porsche has made from getting a german company to higher a chinese company to manufacture a german brand) 😆
Your Nav issue is not how the defective cards behaved (at least for the maps issue of not having states alphabetically after NY)--never saw iGO Navigation is shutting down message on mine with the bad card I got in late January. The Nav with the "bad" card displayed without any message given, as if there are no roads at the car location, in my case in TX, and wouldn't plot a course into or out of a state alphabetically after NY. You have some other issue and it could be connection/CanBus as I think was guessed in a different post or your PCCM + has some other problem.
Old 05-12-2023, 08:56 PM
sdharmani
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

@myw @svandamme & all those who contributed. Thank you.

I just got my PCCM+. The install DIY is fabulous. I ordered Fakra cable on Amazon & Subaru USB & 10 pin white connector off eBay. Should arrive by Tuesday. Looking forward to putting this puppy in my 997TT.

What’s the benefit of using switched power from PCCM+ pin 8 vs. using power from reverse bulb of tail light? Does PCCM+ have ability to turn on camera when not in reverse?

Thanks all!

Originally Posted by myw
no - from my understanding it’s not supposed to

it only turns on when the reverse trigger is activated…. When

1) reverse trigger (canBus) is detected
2) 2ndary reverse trigger - pin6 is sent a 12v+
3) in traditional android world…The Fcam firmware app (when selected) will actually turns on the camera power and allow access to both front + rear video cam feeds
svandamme (05-13-2023)
Old 05-13-2023, 04:28 AM
svandamme
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by sdharmani

What’s the benefit of using switched power from PCCM+ pin 8 vs. using power from reverse bulb of tail light? Does PCCM+ have ability to turn on camera when not in reverse?
None, just cleaner wiring according to some and No it won't turn on other than in reverse.
But... you coul fool the PCCM into turning it on, but adding a 12 volt to the trigger from another source.. with a switch.. I kinda was planning to do that.. but lost my interest.. can't be arsed to pull it out again at the moment, just started a new job and got plenty of other stuff on my mind

Last edited by svandamme; 05-13-2023 at 04:30 AM.
Old 05-13-2023, 12:45 PM
JustinCase
Racer

Received 148 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by diceman725
i had same problem with SXM. Fixed it by purchasing another SXV300 and all the graphics loaded fine
I have the same problem. *Exactly* which SXV300 did you purchase to get it to work? Is there some subtle difference in model, version, revision number, etc., that one can watch for?
fritzcurtis (05-16-2023)
Old 05-16-2023, 09:06 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 581 Likes on 348 Posts

The benefit is that all android based pcms including the pccm+ are supposed to power and ground the cameras. It is cleaner power + ground (nonshared) not to mention the deck has full control so that the reverseCam apps can be used anytime. With that said alot of these functions have been disabled for the pccm. Now the main reason to get it all working properly would be to eliminate the split second error messages when the reverse camera switches on and off.

Originally Posted by sdharmani
@myw @svandamme & all those who contributed. Thank you.

I just got my PCCM+. The install DIY is fabulous. I ordered Fakra cable on Amazon & Subaru USB & 10 pin white connector off eBay. Should arrive by Tuesday. Looking forward to putting this puppy in my 997TT.

Thanks all!
Old 05-21-2023, 05:23 PM
Zephyr92
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

@all:
I tried to play FLAC files from a USB-Stick. There is only one level of folders. No subfolders. All files of an album in its own folder. Every file is tagged properly the same way as supposed in the DIY-FAQ, Cover-art is embedded in the ID3-Tag of each file. The PCCM+ shows NO Frontcover at all in the coverflow. As far as I can see, there is a single empty tile for each and every file in the coverflow. I expected, that each tile represents one single Album. What am I doing wrong?
If I use MP3, the Frontcovers show up in the coverflow, but again: Each tile stands for a single file. Has anyone experienced the same and found a solution to display coverart of FLAC-Files AND to display only one albumcover per tile in the coverflow? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks all!

Quick Reply: Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request