Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheap Android Head Unit Review!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 10:32 PM
Nosubstitute531
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I think it sounds great - I did get the package with DSP so maybe that helped. It’s a night and day difference with the amplifier turned on... even without a subwoofer I have pretty strong deep bass and great mid range sound with minimal to no distortion at high volumes. I’m actually not too concerned with not having a volume **** either since I can just turn down the music from my phone.

Unfortunately I do get the weird hissing sound in the background but you can only hear it with the music turned off. I guess I’ll live with that with the added features of the unit.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nosubstitute531:
harlycharly (03-18-2021), myw (07-11-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 01:47 AM
Nosubstitute531
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by acr89
The reverse trigger is still not working. I now just use a programmed button on the steering wheel to bring up the front camera when parking, and then I hit a button on the screen to bring up the reverse camera. I did not know about the LOGCAN function and just try that out. I got plenty of CANBUS signals for things like my steering wheel controls, but none from switching to reverse.

My unit did come programmed with the right Porsche canbus setting. I tried playing with the other settings and still no luck. Even if the canbus box was defective, I should have been able to hardwire a reverse trigger wire to the HU’s pink wire to have the HU switch to reverse when I shift to reverse. It’s for that reason I’m convinced the HU is defective, specifically the reverse wire. China car audio sent me a new harness and that didn’t work either.
Were you able to get this issue resolved? I seem to have the same issue where the reverse trigger isnt working when I put the car in reverse. However, I'm actually trying to test the back up camera without connecting the positive and negative cables to the backup light since I haven't fished the wire to the back yet. Do I have to connect these wires to the backup light for the camera to work?

Unfortunately, there haven't been clear instructions to install the backup camera so it's been a bit of guess and check for me.
Old 03-29-2021, 07:14 AM
acr89
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Nosubstitute531
Were you able to get this issue resolved? I seem to have the same issue where the reverse trigger isnt working when I put the car in reverse. However, I'm actually trying to test the back up camera without connecting the positive and negative cables to the backup light since I haven't fished the wire to the back yet. Do I have to connect these wires to the backup light for the camera to work?

Unfortunately, there haven't been clear instructions to install the backup camera so it's been a bit of guess and check for me.
Bummer... how are you trying to get the reverse trigger? From the HU’s CANBUS box as the manufacturer says you should be able to, or the actual reverse wire that runs to the reverse light?

You can power the reverse camera by just connecting it to power (red wire at the HU) and ground. I have both my front and rear cameras powered that way since the HU doesn’t recognize the reverse trigger.

Either way, please report back if connecting the car’s 12v reverse wire (blue with black line, I believe) as the reverse trigger works for you.
Old 03-30-2021, 02:09 AM
harlycharly
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 39 Posts

So I installed the Dynasin N7 Pro HU today, Very happy with this unit, it looks good too! Although the Bluetooth w/MOST adapter from RennKit worked well, I just wanted more for a sound system.

Last edited by harlycharly; 04-01-2021 at 04:21 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 04-13-2021, 01:56 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 571 Likes on 340 Posts

this one will have to work - i used this when installing aftermarket backup parking sensors. if all else fails, i will have to use this as well to trigger the reverse cam when i install this deck.

Either way, please report back if connecting the car’s 12v reverse wire (blue with black line, I believe) as the reverse trigger works for you.
The following users liked this post:
acr89 (04-13-2021)
Old 04-22-2021, 05:07 AM
Scottland
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Other than the EQ app, is there a way I can increase volume? I remembered to have the volume at 3/4 before disconnecting the PCM, but I'm frequently at nearly full volume (main volume not the EQ) and it's not *that* loud

Last edited by Scottland; 04-22-2021 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-22-2021, 11:36 AM
911's
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Scottland
Other than the EQ app, is there a way I can increase volume? I remembered to have the volume at 3/4 before disconnecting the PCM, but I'm frequently at nearly full volume and it's not *that* loud
increase volume in settings of android os
Old 04-22-2021, 12:12 PM
Scottland
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 911's
increase volume in settings of android os
That's what I'm talking about, I'm nearly at full volume and it's not that loud. I can use the EQ to make it a bit louder, but I don't imagine the PCM max volume was this low?
Old 04-22-2021, 01:14 PM
911's
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Scottland
That's what I'm talking about, I'm nearly at full volume and it's not that loud. I can use the EQ to make it a bit louder, but I don't imagine the PCM max volume was this low?
if you're using separate app downloaded from google play-store to play tunes and videos like "x player or vlc and so on" these have there own built-in volume and eq settings that need adjustment. i'm for example using x-player and had the same issue until i adjusted the built-in volume and eq settings of the x-player app, other then that is the android os volume setting, also be sure to toggle the eq app to on
Old 04-26-2021, 05:46 AM
Gavc
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone worked out how to map steering wheel buttons to Siri or next track? I have it working with volume but that’s it
Old 04-30-2021, 05:40 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Gavc
Has anyone worked out how to map steering wheel buttons to Siri or next track? I have it working with volume but that’s it
i dont think they have next track button on the wheel. it is sorely lacking.

to select next track even with the steering wheel with oem pcm u have to get into the audio->track menu, then hit enter on the steering wheel after using the steering wheel up/down toggles to select track.
Old 04-30-2021, 10:56 PM
acr89
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by myw
i dont think they have next track button on the wheel. it is sorely lacking.

to select next track even with the steering wheel with oem pcm u have to get into the audio->track menu, then hit enter on the steering wheel after using the steering wheel up/down toggles to select track.
You sure? On my wheel I have a volume scroll wheel on the left, and on the right I have another scroll wheel, which i mapped it as track forward and back.
Old 05-02-2021, 06:11 AM
Gavc
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You sure? On my wheel I have a volume scroll wheel on the left, and on the right I have another scroll wheel, which i mapped it as track forward and back.
how did you map it, mine doesn’t recognise the right wheel inputs
Old 05-02-2021, 09:33 AM
acr89
Rennlist Member

how did you map it, mine doesn’t recognise the right wheel inputs
the head unit recognized mine with no issues. Did the right wheel inputs work with your stock head unit? You may want to make sure that the CANBUS is set to the right vehicle.
Old 07-11-2021, 05:49 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

the head unit recognized mine with no issues. Did the right wheel inputs work with your stock head unit? You may want to make sure that the CANBUS is set to the right vehicle.
is your car a 997.1 or .2?

i seem to have the same issue as Gavc here. with my pcm 2.1 all the buttons worked (right side steering wheel to scrolll via menus + change songs). but with the new headUnit I can only seem to turn on the volume. even in the 'mapping program' of the head unit, pressing the volume buttons give me zero response

Last edited by myw; 07-11-2021 at 05:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Cheap Android Head Unit Review!