Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 WB Values are UP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 05:42 PM
luft
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Also less than half 2S on the market for sale both in USA and in the EU.
Old 05-23-2021, 06:28 PM
XUR
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
March man! As I said before, only 2 have sold in pcar/bat in last couple months. You cannot compare a March 2 sold to last week.

Market jumped starting late Feb to present. A great C2S now would fetch money.
I'll state this again but.. that car had an accident history. The most important thing when trying to compare values is actually making sure it's apples-apples. Every detail counts.

For example, just simply having Sport Hardback seats is enough to create a $10k delta on a car these days.
Old 05-23-2021, 06:56 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Ericsworld
The C4S vs. C2S argument isn't really one that needs to be stated or shilled for, because it really is just common knowledge and has an underlying acceptance. The fact that myself, and many others I know, weeded out perfectly good and enticing C4S examples to hunt out a C2S says a lot about the conviction. Is it also true the other way around, where someone specifically passed on comparable C2S examples for a less rare, AWD C4S? Maybe, but I'd wager far less so.

Regardless, these cars are both Widebodies and are siblings. The difference comes down to saying which brother is better at playing soccer and doesn't really matter.
Exactly those that know just know!

I'd wager plenty of new maybe to Porsche and and the air cooled scene will choose a C4S over a C2S initially, on paper they typically seemed better optioned and yes there seems to be more for sale too. I had the same thinking 10+ years ago when getting into 993 ownership. Therefore we could see this spike during unreal times thinking a C4S is truly a premium or more desirable over a C2S.

Many local 993 owners here, including myself if I ever had to buy another it would be a C2S with no aero kit too. As you know with Porsche sometimes less is worth more - example a no sunroof 993. I enjoy the TT and the C4S but it's definitely inferior for the driving experience, the RWD 993s just feel so much more nimble.

You can even see this across the other generations too. I'd easily take a 964 C2 over a C4, a 997 GTS (rwd WB) I'd assume is the pinnace of the 997 series outside of a GT3.
Old 05-23-2021, 07:28 PM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

Received 770 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by Knight

I'd wager plenty of new maybe to Porsche and and the air cooled scene will choose a C4S over a C2S initially, on paper they typically seemed better optioned and yes there seems to be more for sale too. I had the same thinking 10+ years ago when getting into 993 ownership. Therefore we could see this spike during unreal times thinking a C4S is truly a premium or more desirable over a C2S.

This statement is completely baseless.
Old 05-23-2021, 07:49 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,480 Likes on 2,818 Posts

Originally Posted by Knight

Many local 993 owners here, including myself if I ever had to buy another it would be a C2S with no aero kit too. As you know with Porsche sometimes less is worth more - example a no sunroof 993. I enjoy the TT and the C4S but it's definitely inferior for the driving experience, the RWD 993s just feel so much more nimble.

You can even see this across the other generations too. I'd easily take a 964 C2 over a C4, a 997 GTS (rwd WB) I'd assume is the pinnace of the 997 series outside of a GT3.
Having converted my C4s, I can confirm that it is a better driving car in RWD form. The steering is simply more communicative and alive and the lighter front end makes the car feel more nimble. That said, while the differences are meaningful and worthwhile, it's relatively subtle.

I do have some issues with the monster rear spacers on the C2S. The C4s side steps that issue and it has Turbo brakes. There is something to be said about that.

Split grille is a matter of taste. I prefer rear wings on the 993 and don't care for the look of the body colored split grille.

Nevertheless, the RWD versions of every generation of 911 invariably gets the most love (Turbo notwithstanding). Same story with the 992 - which I currently own a C2s, waiting on a 992 TTS. The same debates happen on the 992 board and the differences between RWD and AWD get super exaggerated and the debates start getting pretty geeky after awhile.

If it's a question of market value - the 993 C2S is indisputably more valuable. It is what it is.

Ironically the NB probably drives better than either one of the wide body cars...but those hips....

Old 05-23-2021, 07:58 PM
Clark W Griswold
Instructor

Received 94 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
Having converted my C4s, I can confirm that it is a better driving car in RWD form. The steering is simply more communicative and alive and the lighter front end makes the car feel more nimble. That said, while the differences are meaningful and worthwhile, it's relatively subtle.

I do have some issues with the monster rear spacers on the C2S. The C4s side steps that issue and it has Turbo brakes. There is something to be said about that.

Split grille is a matter of taste. I prefer rear wings on the 993 and don't care for the look of the body colored split grille.

Nevertheless, the RWD versions of every generation of 911 invariably gets the most love (Turbo notwithstanding). Same story with the 992 - which I currently own a C2s, waiting on a 992 TTS. The same debates happen on the 992 board and the differences between RWD and AWD get super exaggerated and the debates start getting pretty geeky after awhile.

If it's a question of market value - the 993 C2S is indisputably more valuable. It is what it is.

Ironically the NB probably drives better than either one of the wide body cars...but those hips....
I own a NB and C2S. While I haven’t gotten the chance to really push the C2S yet initial impressions are it drives as good as the NB if not better.
Old 05-23-2021, 08:16 PM
XUR
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
I do have some issues with the monster rear spacers on the C2S.
You do know that those rear spacers weren't fitted to all C2S cars, right?
Old 05-23-2021, 08:44 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,480 Likes on 2,818 Posts

Originally Posted by XUR
You do know that those rear spacers weren't fitted to all C2S cars, right?
Yep. Just pointing out some differences.

Originally Posted by Clark W Griswold
I own a NB and C2S. While I haven’t gotten the chance to really push the C2S yet initial impressions are it drives as good as the NB if not better.
What width tire are you running on the C2S? Same alignment and suspension? I have 18 inch 295 rear section and I love the look of the beefy tires, but I could see how a narrower, smaller tire could feel more nimble when comparing stock cars. I have RS arms, uprights, sways and alignment spec, so I've dialed out most understeer but stock against stock I wonder how the NB vs WB compare.

Last edited by rk-d; 05-23-2021 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-23-2021, 11:05 PM
Zed.
Rennlist Member

Received 358 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Variants and valuation

It may be useful to track valuations now for the collectible and less produced variants of 993. I would put them in the descending order of $ value:
GT2 and Cup cars
RS Club Sport (RSR)
RS
Turbo S
Turbo
Speedster
C2S
C4S
Coupe NB
Cabriolet
Targa
Old 05-23-2021, 11:20 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 643 Likes on 398 Posts

I am betting placebo effect here. You are one of the first people I have heard say this and I have heard others who I know to be great drivers say the opposite. (Of course, I am not suggesting you are not a great driver, too.) From what I understand, the WB has no additional performance bits (from factory), so it's slightly heavier, etc.

When I first went searching for a 993 I couldn't decide (WB, NB, RWD, AWD), so I bought three (but not a C2S, which I drove in the process). I kept the C2 and sold the others as I couldn't justify (to myself) the extra cost/"value" of the WB cars. For sure they look great and are more rare but the NB works fine for me.
Old 05-23-2021, 11:21 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zed.
It may be useful to track valuations now for the collectible and less produced variants of 993. I would put them in the descending order of $ value:
GT2 and Cup cars
RS Club Sport (RSR)
RS
Turbo S
Turbo
Speedster
C2S
C4S
Coupe NB
Cabriolet
Targa
Totally agree with your order, except I would flip the last two: Targas generally trade higher than Cabs.
Old 05-24-2021, 12:32 AM
Clark W Griswold
Instructor

Received 94 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
I am betting placebo effect here. You are one of the first people I have heard say this and I have heard others who I know to be great drivers say the opposite. (Of course, I am not suggesting you are not a great driver, too.) From what I understand, the WB has no additional performance bits (from factory), so it's slightly heavier, etc.

When I first went searching for a 993 I couldn't decide (WB, NB, RWD, AWD), so I bought three (but not a C2S, which I drove in the process). I kept the C2 and sold the others as I couldn't justify (to myself) the extra cost/"value" of the WB cars. For sure they look great and are more rare but the NB works fine for me.
If you have driven enough 993s you know that all are slightly different. Some cars "feel" faster than others. My C2S is low mileage. my NB is 80k miles and also worth mentioning a 95 so tiny HP difference. These differences in how 993s "feel" are actually more substantial than 100 pounds here or there or 10 HP either way unless you are tracking these cars. There are no performance advantages in a C2S. But drive enough and some will without a doubt feel faster than others. All of these differences are negligible btw. I will sell the NB and keep the widebody since imo a widebody 993 with no spoiler is the best 911 chassis of all time.
The following users liked this post:
L39E (05-24-2021)
Old 05-24-2021, 12:42 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

If you have driven enough 993s you know that all are slightly different. Some cars "feel" faster than others. My C2S is low mileage. my NB is 80k miles and also worth mentioning a 95 so tiny HP difference. These differences in how 993s "feel" are actually more substantial than 100 pounds here or there or 10 HP either way unless you are tracking these cars. There are no performance advantages in a C2S. But drive enough and some will without a doubt feel faster than others. All of these differences are negligible btw. I will sell the NB and keep the widebody since imo a widebody 993 with no spoiler is the best 911 chassis of all time.
Agreed 100%. In my quest to find the "right" 993, I was fortunate to drive about ten of them...and all drove slightly differently. And, surprisingly, there was not necessarily a correlation of lower mileage better, higher mileage worse; just different. My suspicion is that it depends largely on how the cars have been maintained over the years.

And there's no question that any of the 993 coupes (without aerokits, wings, whatever) are gorgeous cars.
Old 05-24-2021, 12:58 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 160 Posts

Is this a joke? Someone is actually arguing that C4S is worth more than C2S? lol. Too funny. Must be a market expert in their own minds and be C4S owner..
i probably shouldn't be commenting but couldn't help myself. I can tell you with conviction first of all its much harder to find a C2S than a C4S and its just common knowledge C2S are valued higher, the price delta has narrowed, but the C2S always commands a higher premium and has a more exclusive feel., thats the market!

Regarding drive feel, i don't feel one is superior to the other, as helpmehelp you said, each specific car has a certain feel, i've had C4S that felt livelier than C2S and vice versa..both are a lot of fun in the canyons.

Doesn't mean C4S is bad, i love both & enjoy them equally , but the C2S just feels and is more special.

Last edited by Tarek307; 05-24-2021 at 01:09 AM.
Old 05-24-2021, 01:07 AM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

Received 770 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Is this a joke? Someone is actually arguing that C4S is worth more than C2S? lol. Too funny. Must be a market expert in their own minds and be C4S owner..
i probably shouldn't be commenting but couldn't help myself. I can tell you with conviction first of all its much harder to find a C2S than a C4S and its just common knowledge C2S are valued higher, the price delta has narrowed, but the C2S always commands a higher premium and has a more exclusive feel., thats the market!

Regarding drive feel, i don't feel one is superior to the other, as helpmehelp you said, each specific car has a certain feel, i've had C4S that felt livelier than C2S and vice versa..both are a lot of fun in the canyons.

Doesn't mean C4S is bad, i love both & enjoy them equally , but the C2S just feels and is more special.
I disagree.... C4S is way more planted when set up properly... mine has $60k in mods and will destroy any C2S here. I welcome the challenge. Give me a break ...a C2S is nothing but a NB C2 with a Turbo Wide Body Shell

Last edited by Gbos1; 05-24-2021 at 01:14 AM.

Quick Reply: 993 WB Values are UP!!!