Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2023, 02:25 PM
Jarm
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by avid
Thank you! A bit of a departure with all the bright colors. I was almost swayed to go Python or Speed but I like what I ended up with.

Not me. I think that's part of the upsell pitch. If you look at the cost of options, this is where Porsche makes much of their money, so they encourage it. $3,700 for a different color thread on the stitching? $800 for different color dials? $600 for different color belts? All of these should be zero cost options if you think about it. Race tex headliner was free in the 991.2. Now it's $1,500. No logical person would pay this money just for a different color but Porsche knows no logical person would skip these details that elevate the six figure car you're buying so they ask whatever number they want and fools like me gladly pay for it. The interior on my "stripper" is just shy of $11k. It's just color and a few more strips of leather. Stupid. And stupid not to since I'm designing the space I want to live in.

Build the car you want. I initially gave myself a challenge of keeping the car under $120k and at one point had only $1900 in options. Fun exercise that forced me to look at what it is I truly want and need. Great way to avoid spending $20 or $30k unnecessarily. I find there's an inverse correlation between the amount people spend on options and the coolness of the car.
Agreed wholeheartedly. While I find Doug DeMuro's style to be a little too much for me, most of his Porsche videos nowadays he spends much of his time repeating the same sentiment.
Old 03-06-2023, 02:32 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Received 2,009 Likes on 675 Posts

Thank you! A bit of a departure with all the bright colors. I was almost swayed to go Python or Speed but I like what I ended up with.

Not me. I think that's part of the upsell pitch. If you look at the cost of options, this is where Porsche makes much of their money, so they encourage it. $3,700 for a different color thread on the stitching? $800 for different color dials? $600 for different color belts? All of these should be zero cost options if you think about it. Race tex headliner was free in the 991.2. Now it's $1,500. No logical person would pay this money just for a different color but Porsche knows no logical person would skip these details that elevate the six figure car you're buying so they ask whatever number they want and fools like me gladly pay for it. The interior on my "stripper" is just shy of $11k. It's just color and a few more strips of leather. Stupid. And stupid not to since I'm designing the space I want to live in.

Build the car you want. I initially gave myself a challenge of keeping the car under $120k and at one point had only $1900 in options. Fun exercise that forced me to look at what it is I truly want and need. Great way to avoid spending $20 or $30k unnecessarily. I find there's an inverse correlation between the amount people spend on options and the coolness of the car.
🤣 Shut up and take my money Porsche!🤣

I initially went with a stripper too but finally said to myself build the car you want. I didn’t go for any electronic upgrades including blind spot detection. I just can’t see getting this level of sports car without leather. I got a CF roof because I love the way it looks, it’s unique and I rarely use the sunroof on my cars. Then those pretty colored dials! 🤣. After I got done banging on the configurator I’m just a hair shy of 140k and didn’t even get the radio upgrade. I’m one of Porsche’s fools who eagerly bought a ticket!
The following users liked this post:
Wilder (03-06-2023)
Old 03-06-2023, 02:36 PM
6sigma
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 195 Posts

Bold emphasis above is mine. Completely agree on your points. I find I sometimes have less satisfaction from spending more on a car. I did the same exercise where literally every option I paused to consider what it meant to me versus the cost (not what RL would think, or the next buyer, or the PCA club, or my SA, etc). That helps me come up with something that I am more confident I will really like and usually ends up making the car less expensive - win/win!
The following 2 users liked this post by 6sigma:
IPA1 (03-06-2023), Wilder (03-06-2023)
Old 03-06-2023, 02:39 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,006 Likes on 1,776 Posts

Originally Posted by Cartod
🤣 Shut up and take my money Porsche!🤣

I initially went with a stripper too but finally said to myself build the car you want. I didn’t go for any electronic upgrades including blind spot detection. I just can’t see getting this level of sports car without leather. I got a CF roof because I love the way it looks, it’s unique and I rarely use the sunroof on my cars. Then those pretty colored dials! 🤣. After I got done banging on the configurator I’m just a hair shy of 140k and didn’t even get the radio upgrade. I’m one of Porsche’s fools who eagerly bought a ticket!
Aren't we all?

Lot's to learn about persuasion and getting people to open up their wallets from Porsche. I'm writing off part of my build as education for my business. Lol.
Cartod (03-06-2023)
Old 03-06-2023, 02:48 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 6sigma
Bold emphasis above is mine. Completely agree on your points. I find I sometimes have less satisfaction from spending more on a car. I did the same exercise where literally every option I paused to consider what it meant to me versus the cost (not what RL would think, or the next buyer, or the PCA club, or my SA, etc). That helps me come up with something that I am more confident I will really like and usually ends up making the car less expensive - win/win!
Totally. Sometimes things look cool on pictures or they seem necessary in theory but we don't really need them and will be soon forgotten. I almost added leather on the steering column for $500. Looks cool on pictures and perhaps in the brief moment when I enter the car I'll see it but it's mostly covered up by the steering wheel. Deleted it in the end. Lane departure and the other nannies... what did we do before them? Drive? This is a driver's car, not a family hauler. When I drive it, I want the joy of being focused and in control and I don't want alarms going off every time I do something the car disagrees with, so why? And we could go down the whole list of most options and find most are worthless fluff.
Cartod (03-06-2023)
Old 03-06-2023, 02:51 PM
ntoben
Advanced

Received 174 Likes on 30 Posts

I added surround view since my wife will be driving it as well as RAS for the same reason.
rokkerkory (03-06-2023)
Old 03-06-2023, 02:52 PM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,278 Likes on 729 Posts

Porsche Rotterdam just got their 992 T in ice grey woooow! Color looks amazing! Sport design package with high gloss elements. Black wheels this time and again PDK.

More info here: https://finder.porsche.com/nl/nl-NL/...-nieuwe-W7W7ZZ

Unfortunately I just have these WhatsApp photos. Tomorrow I should be getting them via mail in better quality and will post them in the color thread. I also asked them to send me a picture from the side view. I should have went myself today but 240 miles this time was too much even by my standards. Had to do some work today.

We are very close to Germany so for that reason our dealers are one of the firsts in the world. Pretty frustrating that mine should have also arrived but it is what it is. Enjoy the pictures!

I tagged some guys that have mentioned ice grey. Sorry if I have missed someone’s name.

@jeremylewin @Barkat03 @JOSCAL @stiff///M @merrion13 @6sigma @rokkerkory @GauchoDuck

Last edited by Macboy; 03-06-2023 at 03:03 PM.
The following 13 users liked this post by Macboy:
992carrerat (03-06-2023), Edward911 (03-06-2023), GauchoDuck (03-06-2023), Jarm (03-06-2023), jonbek (03-06-2023), merrion13 (03-06-2023), Patriot (03-06-2023), Spartakos (03-07-2023), stiff///M (03-06-2023), tourenwagen (03-06-2023), TripleL (03-06-2023), Uhu (03-06-2023), Wilder (03-06-2023) and 8 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-06-2023, 02:57 PM
vladie22
Instructor

Received 231 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Macboy
Porsche Rotterdam just got their 992 T in ice grey woooow! Color looks amazing! Sport design package with high gloss elements. Black wheels this time and again PDK.

Unfortunately I just have these WhatsApp photos. Tomorrow I should be getting them via mail in better quality and will post them in the color thread. I also asked them to send me a picture from the side view. I should have went myself today but 240 miles this time was too much even by my standards. Had to do some work today.

We are very close to Germany so for that reason our dealers are one of the firsts in the world. Pretty frustrating that mine should have also arrived but it is what it is. Enjoy the pictures!

I also went with gloss black wheels and the sport design package gloss black. that car looks great !

Last edited by vladie22; 03-06-2023 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-06-2023, 03:00 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 807 Likes on 401 Posts

I think those images are computer generated!? IGM looks much whiter in real life. Also, all the Porsche logos on the wheels are perfectly straight.

Never mind. My computer at work doesn't show your images and I was going off the photos in that link. :/

Last edited by Ikone; 03-06-2023 at 03:01 PM. Reason: oops
Old 03-06-2023, 03:04 PM
Multimodal
Rennlist Member

Received 398 Likes on 165 Posts

I just got the call for my 992 T - a May build. The problem is, I just bought a 991.2 T (7MT, LWBS, SportDesign) two weeks ago. Now I need to decide whether to buy the 992 or pass.
FYI - they honored their initial offer to sell the car at MSRP but asked me to buy a $5K Porsche watch or trade in my 991.2. It didn't sound like either were hard requirements, more like requests, but maybe they were just being polite.

Last edited by Multimodal; 03-06-2023 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-06-2023, 03:05 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 807 Likes on 401 Posts

Funny. I had to get on my phone to see the images. I would delete my post but that car looks so nice that it's okay to have those images duplicated.
IGM is an instant classic color. It looks very white in the showrooms, but has a silvery sheen under sunlight.
Old 03-06-2023, 03:13 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,968 Likes on 1,720 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba
I just got the call for my 992 T - a May build. The problem is, I just bought a 991.2 T (7MT, LWBS, SportDesign) two weeks ago. Now I need to decide whether to buy the 992 or pass.
FYI - they honored their initial offer to sell the car at MSRP but asked me to buy a $5K Porsche watch or trade in my 991.2. It didn't sound like either were hard requirements, more like requests, but maybe they were just being polite.
My friend bought his T at MSRP with a $4k watch as a requirement. Porsche is running a contest based on watch sales. Winner gets an allocation for a GT3RS. This dealership said they will buy the watch back at full price if/when he trades his T in or sells it to them in the future.
Old 03-06-2023, 03:39 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

You're very lucky. My 992T was a placeholder for finding the right 991.2T. After spending so much time building it and getting excited about it, it may be a keeper but I still want to drive both back to back before I decide. Keep your allocation and spend a week or two with both before you decide. I think the 991.2T is a classic.
Old 03-06-2023, 03:41 PM
merrion13
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 71 Posts

I tagged some guys that have mentioned ice grey. Sorry if I have missed someone’s name.

@jeremylewin @Barkat03 @JOSCAL @stiff///M @merrion13 @6sigma @rokkerkory @GauchoDuck
Thanks Macboy! Looks great, mine has the standard T wheels and the CF roof but that is looking GOOD. Now only if I would get an update on where mine is...it was released for transport to Emden on Feb 22nd, but TYD shows it never arrived on the 28th nor left on a boat (supposed to be March 3rd). Hoping it's just a glitch on the website and my car is en route to Denver!
Macboy (03-06-2023)
Old 03-06-2023, 05:10 PM
bzcat
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 60 Posts

You already got the 991.2T so you should tell them you will pass and they can call the next person in line...

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club